3,352 results
All reviews cuban bar superior room adult section main pool cubano swim up bar coffee bar stayed in building michael jackson show big resort a la cartes foam party activity pool beautiful beach cleaning lady hot sauce main buffet
Reviewed 19 January 2018

We stayed here for 4 nights in Jan 2018. We flew with Sunwing. Flights were delayed TO & FROM Cuba so that was a good start. The hotel itself was good. The lobby is very large. Tons of seating, a cafe bar, large lobby bar. The buffet was huge. Tons of food to choose from. We had heard from many people on our bus that the hotels around this one had terrible food. The snack bar is near the family pool and actually pretty quick.

We stayed in building 15. It was in the group of buildings to the right of the hotel surrounding the adult pool. We were on the ground floor and had a view of a dirty lawn and some bushes with a road in the background. The walls were falling apart and we had a huge hole in our bathtub wall. It really needs renovations but I didn't spend much time in my room. If you can, stay in the buildings near the large pool/beach area.

The Beach was horrible. It was littered with old dried seaweed and there were JELLYFISH everywhere. Every 10 feet or so, there was a dead blue jellyfish that had been washed up. It was never cleaned. It was too windy/cloudy, the ocean was freezing plus everyone was afraid of these jellys so nobody swam.

The Cubano Bar was fun. It had comfy chairs and awesome live music.

There were quite a few young families here but I wouldn't have brought my children.

I will never go in Jan again. It was cloudy, windy, rainy and cool the entire duration of our short trip which was super disappointing. Not the hotels fault but I thought id add that this time of year is not great.

All in all the hotel was pretty good. The weather ruined my trip, but we DID recommend our hotel to all those complaining about theirs at the airport.

Room tip: Buildings by the large pool/beach side are way nicer.
3  Thank Jen L
Valerio L, Director General at Grand Memories Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Dear Jen L,

First of all, thank you for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor with the rest of the travellers.

We have take note about all the complaints you said in your review. Our team will consider all your aspects in order to carry out the necessary changes.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

The service is great, everyone greets you especially those you see on a daily basis, this one waiter Jesus javier bravo garcia was so kind and caring,you even get to build friendships on top of their great service. You dont find those kind of people everywhere, plus the hotel is great its got the beach 5 mins from the hotel and 2 pools. There are bars and drinks everywhere and shows at night which are incredible because those people are so talented!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank teodora a

Dear Teodora,

Firstly, thank you so much for sharing your experience and for trusting us during your stay in Varadero.

It's great to listening you again and all our team is very happy to see you had a fantastic stay in Cuba at our hotel. We work daily in order to provide you the best service. For this reason, we are feel very happy for your review.

Thank you once again for choosing Grand Memories Varadero for your stay. We hope to see you again next time you are in Varadero.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

We were here from Jan 8th till 15th.....Absolutely loved our stay here. We met up with my sister and her husband (I live in Canada and my sister is in England) for my sisters husbands 50th birthday and to be honest all four of us weren't sure what to expect after reading all the reviews for the past year (my sister booked one year ago) but prepared ourselves....reviews were helpful to know what to bring with you; seasoning, extra toilet paper etc......we brought it but didn't need any of it!

Staff are amazing; everyone we encountered was very helpful and went above and beyond. Room was clean and yes there was one day we didn't have hot running water in our room but I just blamed my sister for running a bath the night before lol...seriously peeps it isn't the end of the world! Tv stopped working; we didn't call reception as it was quite nice not having it :) we are on holiday and love to just unplug

Food in the buffet was amazing!!! again we expected not to be to impressed but we had no problem with any of it and didn't need the salt and pepper we brought with us..most tables had it and if yours doesn't just ask the next table. Every day; Breakfast, lunch and dinner had a variety and something a little different each time which was really good. The bread, cheese and hams were my absolute favorite in the morning esp the croissants! Talking about the morning the Spanish coffees are to die for! coffee area located in the lobby - the ladies there were tremendous and I wish I remembered their names...they sure remembered us :) "here are the sisters!"

Beach is gorgeous and so is the water....I am extremely fearful of the sea and even I got in the waves...a little rocky for the first foot or so then gives way to beautiful sand..water was warm too!

We didnt' really partake much in the evening shows...we hung out and played cards against humanity :)

I would recommend bringing pool games; beach ball, bat and ball etc we learnt a new 'cups' game which was a lot of fun...I can explain it to those that may be interested. Also make sure you bring bug repellent my sister and her husband got eaten alive but funnily enough my husband and I were left alone...they must love the british blood :)

Anyway peeps all in all as far as I am concerned you cant go wrong with this hotel. We had the most amazing trip and left with fond memories...I want to go back!! Love Cuba and love the Cuban people

9  Thank 383macca

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor regarding your last stay at our hotel.

We are very happy to see you enjoyed your experience with us. The good service is our DNA and our priority are our clients. For this reason, our main goal is to take care all guests and making them feel comfortable with us.

Thank you once again for choosing Grand Memories Varadero for your stay. It will be a pleasure to receive you in the following future.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

PRO

Clean lobby and rooms
Well kept grounds
Best food yet in Cuba
Pleasant staff
If you stay in building 15 and rooms close to the Cuban bar, you can connect to the internet from your balcony
Italian and Gourmet restaurants are very good (did not eat at others)
Lots of chairs always available at the pool.

CON

As in other Cuban hotels, no preventive maintenance,  missing light bulbs, closet doors did not work (stuck),
Balcony door was very hard to open/close and did not lock
Balcony door did not close completely.  Left an opening of about 3/4" at top left.  If you pushed hard then the left side closed tightly bu the right side opened up the same 1/2 to 3/4".
Lack of towels. Often missing towels
Look Voyage group was VERY loud and had the same boom boom boom beat over and over again till late at night and into the early morning.  They operated by the pool surrounded by 5 buildings.   Much louder than other groups.  Don't stay in buildings 10, 11, 12 14 or 15 if you don't want to hear the loud "entertainment" into the early morning hours.
First week there I could buy single cigars from the back humidor room in the store.  The second week they would only sell singles from the display cabinet by the cash register.  It was like they wanted to get rid of slow moving stock. No single cohibas ????  Give me a break.

Overall, a very nice hotel.

Room tip: Stay away from buildings 10, 11, 12,14 and 15
Date of stay: December 2017

Dear Catherine P,

First of all, thank you so much for sharing your opinion regarding your last experience with us.

It's great to listening you again and all our team is very happy to see you had a fantastic stay in Cuba at our hotel. We have analyse all your comments in order to take note and to carry out the rigth decisions.

Thank you for choosing Grand Memories Varadero for your stay. We hope to see you again next time you are in Varadero.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

I would like to say that the service at Grand Memories is great! All the people there are very friendly! There is a waiter at Grand Memories and his name is Jesús, he was one of the best waiters there. He cares very much for his customers and is very kind. We have been to Grand Memories twice and one of the reasons we came back was because of friendly waiters like Jesús!! Thank you for a great stay!! We will for sure come back again sometime soon.

3  Thank Mahlia R
Valerio L, Director General at Grand Memories Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Mahlia R,

First of all, thank you very much for your fantastic review and for sharing your opinion with other travelers.

The whole team is very satisfied with your comment. It is very important that all our staff know that you had a great time by our side. Thank you again for choosing our beloved Grand Memories Varadero for your stay. We wish to receive it again very soon in the future.