Traveliing with husband and 2 young kids (3 and 5) I'll start with the good things.
Beach : it was great: big, lots of chairs and palapas. The pool was good too, you could almost always find some place in the shade.
Entertainment : very good, lots of activities, day and night.
Food: being my frst time in Cuba, I cannot really compare with other hotels. But I don't think it was that bad. Points to improve: more fruit variety, that was a big dissapointment. French fries were not very good. But food is a very subjective matter.....
Rooms: Oh boy. I'm giving this hotel 2 stars, just because of this. It was just unacceptable. The first night it rained (heavely), the air conditioning stoped working, and there was a lot of water coming through the kitchen window and from under the door. We put towels everywhere, and passed (barely ) the night. They fixed the air conditioning the next morning. We asked to be moved to a better room. There was none available.
Second night it rains: we came back to the room at around 10PM, to find our living room ... flooded. Water everywhere!! Air conditioning: NOT working again. Cleaning everywhere with all the towels we had (imagine all this with 2 young kids). Calling reception to ask to have the AC repaired: the technician was not available because he was working on a flood in the main building. We immediately asked for a new room. They gave us one wit 3 beds only! I ended up sleeping in that new room while my husband stayed with the kids (already sleeping) in the other one. The AC was fixed at 2.30AM. Sleep quality: none
Next morning we go to Customer Service very angry. We were giving a better room for our last night (well , the AC in our room also stoped working the only night we stayed!). They apologized, but it was too late.
Conclusion: The bungalow we were given (and others nearby) should be closed for repairments and not be given to any customer. Their condition is just unacceptable. And please clean the windows!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Varadero Beach, this 4 star, all inclusive hotel offers all of the great dining, activities and entertainment facilities that have made Sol Melia a recognized leader in quality hotels! Ideal for families and honeymooners. 376 comfortable double rooms, 28 junior suites, 4 suites and 200 bungalows with direct access to the beach. 6 Restaurants, 7 bars, mini club and mini-disco, mini-golf. Motorized water sports. Sol Palmeras combines great fun with a beautiful beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia, HotelsClick, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Holiday Gems and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Palmeras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Palmeras Hotel Varadero
- Sol Palmeras Cuba
- Sol Palmeras Varadero Cuba