We have just returned from 2 weeks at Sol Palmeras (May 2014) and had a wonderful time. Yes, the Cubans do not hurry themselves but that is Cuba and it did not spoil our holiday. The hotel was very welcoming, clean, very friendly and there was always something to do. Food is very good - yes it is sometimes very samey but with the five restaurants that you can go to, each twice during your stay (2 weeks), you should have no problem finding something different to eat. It is the only holiday I have been on where I have not had a tummy bug! The beach is to die for and there is no shortage of sunbeds. The only thing I did not like was the people who go down to the beach and pool at early doors and 'reserve' their sunbeds!! This is not right but I'm afraid you will not stop it. There is a good selection of trips that you can go on - the cataraman trip was superb. We are booking to go back again the same time next year. Thank you Sol Palmeras.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Varadero Beach, this 4 star, all inclusive hotel offers all of the great dining, activities and entertainment facilities that have made Sol Melia a recognized leader in quality hotels! Ideal for families and honeymooners. 376 comfortable double rooms, 28 junior suites, 4 suites and 200 bungalows with direct access to the beach. 6 Restaurants, 7 bars, mini club and mini-disco, mini-golf. Motorized water sports. Sol Palmeras combines great fun with a beautiful beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Melia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Holiday Gems and Cancelon so you can book your Sol Palmeras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Palmeras Hotel Varadero
- Sol Palmeras Cuba
- Sol Palmeras Varadero Cuba