We spent a week in Varadero at Sol Palmeras Hotel.
First of all it has such a beautiful garden and beach, that it was always a pleasure to take a walk there.
The main building of the Hotel is quite good. There is a huge lobby, where every night you can have fun or only drink a coctail or something. There are some shoppingopportunity, pictures, dresses, bijou etc.
Our accomodation was in a bungalow. It had a living room with tv (we didn't use it), a small kitchen with a small fridge, A/C (it was really noisy), a small bathroom and a bedroom. The bed was comfortable, the garderobe was enough and had a safe (use this!). All together I was satisfied with the bungallow.
The garden and the beach - as I mentioned - are beautiful! We had always sunbed on the beach.
Food: We were satisfied with the food. There is a big restaurant in the main building if you don't want or could not book table in other restaurants in the hotel, you can eat there all time. There are a lot of variety of foods (included breakfast). You can choose between at about 5 restaurants: eg: seefood, steakhouse, mexican, chinese and the main restraurant (where you can eat everything.) At breakfasts I liked the smoothie-bar, there were fresh juices, shakes and fruits. (We never had indigestion!) First we didn't drink the water that was given in the restaurant (they don't give you a bottle, and I though that is a water from the tap, but once I was really thirsty and I drank it. It was no problem! But there is a water-tank in the pool-bar. I haven't tried it.)
Staff: It's Cuba, never forget it and don't expect anything! (but pay for everything :-) )
Cleanliness and hygiene: Wherever you are in Cuba, you won't meet this two :-) and you shouldn't forget, that this people don't know what this two words in Europe or in Canada etc. mean. In spite of this I recommend you the Hotel, you will have grate time and fun during your holiday!
(During our holiday in Cuba we never expected such service, food, cleanliness etc. like in Europe accordingly we never was disappointed.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Varadero Beach, this 4 star, all inclusive hotel offers all of the great dining, activities and entertainment facilities that have made Sol Melia a recognized leader in quality hotels! Ideal for families and honeymooners. 376 comfortable double rooms, 28 junior suites, 4 suites and 200 bungalows with direct access to the beach. 6 Restaurants, 7 bars, mini club and mini-disco, mini-golf. Motorized water sports. Sol Palmeras combines great fun with a beautiful beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Melia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Holiday Gems and Odigeo so you can book your Sol Palmeras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Palmeras Hotel Varadero
- Sol Palmeras Cuba
- Sol Palmeras Varadero Cuba