We had a short visit in Sol Palmeras - it was booked for six nights but we left after two. We had two bungalows which were horrible. They are very far from four star level, whatever standard considered. Bad problems with the buildings themselves (water came in though the windows), ants or some sort of small insects running in the corners, strong smell of mould and the overall condition below any reasonable level.
Don't have much to say about the hotel as a whole, because we wanted to move out as soon as possible and luckily we did. Service, food and the overall impression were not much better. We did get a refund afterwards, but I'm still astonished, how they dare to put their guests in this kind of premises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Varadero Beach, this 4 star, all inclusive hotel offers all of the great dining, activities and entertainment facilities that have made Sol Melia a recognized leader in quality hotels! Ideal for families and honeymooners. 376 comfortable double rooms, 28 junior suites, 4 suites and 200 bungalows with direct access to the beach. 6 Restaurants, 7 bars, mini club and mini-disco, mini-golf. Motorized water sports. Sol Palmeras combines great fun with a beautiful beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Melia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Sol Palmeras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Palmeras Hotel Varadero
- Sol Palmeras Cuba
- Sol Palmeras Varadero Cuba