Brisas del Caribe Hotel
HotelsClick
US$204
Cancelon
4,213 results
All reviewsnorth sectioncoffee barchickenseafoodgo with an open mindpiano barbeach grillbeautiful beachpicky eateranimation teampublic relationsomelettenightly entertainmentbeach chairskeep in mindpasta bara great vacation
Reviewed 19 January 2012

First of all, you go to Cuba for the Beach which is the best! 2nd of all you go for hopefully good weather. We were lucky and had great weather. 3rd of all , you want to stay in a clean place. This was very clean. Our room was in the South Section, nice and quiet and everything was in working order., you just had to walk a little to the other amenities. It was okay, we only went to our room at night and stayed on the beach all day. We had great hot showers, working blow dryer and lots of space. The air conditioning worked well but did not have a control..so we just periodically shut it off. The fridge worked great, but the tv reception/.cable was bad. Needs fixing. We asked for extra pillows and a bathroom rug and they brought it. The cleaning lady was very nice. You have to have a good frame of mind and not be demanding . It is not Marriot. The food was good and plentiful. We have been at least 9 times to Cuba and have stayed at different resorts and the food varies. If you are expecting to get a prime rib steak , you better stay home. The entertainment was great.., better than other 4+* hotels, and the overall hotel service here was better., except for the the 24 hour snack bar and the lobby.-they need a little sprucing up in both service and efficiency. The dilemna that we always had was with most hotels we have stayed, they might have been newer and brighter but they never have enough staff! Over all, for the price, we got great value. We are definately coming back here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
13  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I'm a Cuban-Canadian guy how works in many hotels in Varadero before I left to Canada 12 years ago ,the hospitality industry is my profession still , I've being in many countries since then and many Hotels in Cuba with my family and friends , I've never being in this Hotel before and I was very happy with the service at the buffet and bars in general,the room very clean ; but the snack bar's workers look like to me that they are not happy with their job , I was setting there for a good 20 minutes just waiting for somebody offer me a coffee ( this was in the morning around 8,30am ) and I have to leave because nobody even notice that this 6.2 feet tall and 220 pounds guy was there ,jejej ,the service at that place was for off my expectation , the reception people were not very helpful ether , the rest of the staff...very good , I highly recommend this Hotel because the general experience was very good ( the best worker for me was Marcelino at the Buffet , very helpful and professional )

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
13  Thank Angel C
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I was there Jan 13-16 2012
Oh lord were do I start lol lol . I'm an experienced traveler and I must say this hotel has been the far worst one I've been to in all my experiences . The food was bad but expected for Cuba lol , the Room well we had a Junior Suite not worth our money . The toilet leaked and over flooded in our room and no one came up to clean at all had to do it on our own , there was not enough hot water for 2 showers , the walls everywhere were dirty , the sheets were far from being white if you know what I mean . The service was bad it always felt as though you were disturbing them when you came around for a question or something to drink . In my books I rate this hotel a 2 star and no more then that don't waste your money . Hope this was helpful . Enjoy your vacation .

• Stayed: January 2012
10  Thank Evileye21
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I'm a very experienced traveller and have stayed in many places around the world (third world countries included). So here is my advice. Stay away from this hotel! I travelled with my mother and two young daughters. We got to the hotel at 11:30pm and were not in our room until 2:00am. One very rude person at the desk serving three flights! When we got to our room in the South Family section without the help of a bell boy (far walk), the patio door was wide open and there was only one bed even though the reception lady assured me there would be two singles and two cots. I went back and she moved me to another room that had two beds and 1 cot, no air conditioning and no toilet paper. Thankfully I brought my own toilet paper. Don't even think about asking for extra blankets or pillows. The staff REFUSE to give them to you! The next morning, we were told they couldn't fix the airconditioning so we had to move a third time, this time to the tiniest room in the main building on the ground floor right across from the staff room. The staff would begin talking very loudly at 6:30am and go until 11:00pm. Needless to say we got very little sleep during our stay.

This was my third visit to Cuba and I know the food isn't good, but this was ridiculous. It all looked like gruel. Thankfully I brought peanut butter and nutella and this is what my daughters basically survived on. Pizza at the snack bar was inedible. The only food that was decent were the hot dogs at the snack bar. The staff in the buffet were very nice and helpful but it did take until the third day for someone to ask if we wanted tea or coffee with breakfast. If you give nice gifts to the maids, they will start to be nice to you but not before then. We ate at the Italian restaurant one night and my mom was sick as anything for 36 hours and had to miss the dolphin outing. No refund was provided. I went to the reception desk to ask for a bottle of water for her and was told to go to the store and buy one.

Biggest complaint: The staff at the front desk are very rude and demeaning. They need courses in manners.

The only positives I can say is the dolphin swim was amazing even though my mom couldn't come with us. We went shopping in Varadaro and the local Cuban's are very nice and giving. And of course, the beaches in Cuba are gorgeous. So I will say, we had sun, beach and relaxation instead of snow and work. But seriously, stay anywhere but here! I heard the Blau and the Azure were quite good.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this hotel. Stay away from the South Side. The rooms are bigger but in really bad shape.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Erinn15
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Every resort at Varadero has sun, sand, sea and friendkly staff. Since turism is Cuba's No.1 revenue, and I take these for granted.
It has a huge compond with interesting layout. A coat of fresh paint was applied in Jan/2012. Crew fixing light fixture and cleaning the pond everyday. The place looked pretty nice. The "good" stopped here.
1. Terrible room - bare wall, no decoration of any kind. The furniture were broken. Sound adjustment on the TV was broken. Sliding door handle was broken.
2. More on terrible room - There was no cup of any kind, for brushing nor drinking. We brought some plastic cups from the bar and they were removed the next day. There must be a rule against cup in room. No floor mat for bath. Mattress was thin and sagging. Only one bed has a night stand. Sofa cover has stain and mildew. Termites(?) powdery droppings are visible under the coffee table.
3. The food. I am not a fussy eater, but I want variations. 6 days of the same fried salt fish and deep fried chicken is extremely boring. Yes, there were rabbit, pork and beef plus small crabs and shrimps. If I eat ony one thing at each meal, I can get 12 different meals out of it.
4. More on food. We tried Taino restaurant by the south compond. The pizza there was honesly the worst we had tasted anywhere around the world - the dough, the cheese, the tomato source and the bacon/ham, are all wrong. One day we decided to go for a la cart, thinking it may be better Sorry, if you didn't reserve between 10 and 12, you cannot eat.
5. The service. It was always very good, when you get it, get it? Not sure why, only one person will check you in. When 8 people come off the bus, there will be half an hour wait. You want beach towel? a good 15 minutes wait, again, only one person will do it. A dot matrix printer maybe the fault - it is SLOW and they want everything printed and signed in this hotel.

We were disappointed to say the least.

Room Tip: If you want to go. Stay away from Building G. It is 100 meter away from the highway. Noise and pollution in the morning come with no charge. Choose Building D if you want quiet or Building A if you want party.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple