“FEELS LIKE HOME!!”

Brisas del Caribe Hotel
Ranked #27 of 64 Hotels in Varadero
“FEELS LIKE HOME!!”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Back for the 18th time. It gets better every time . Staff is like family. It feels like home. Will be returning in march for two great weeks. Can't wait!!!

• Stayed November 2011
9 Thank nickbianchi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (727)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I have no complaints. The food is excellent. The staff is wonderful, the beach is absoloutly beautiful. we will be returning for sure. We recommend this hotel to have fun, to relax and to enjoy yourself.

16 Thank Tiziana B
Port Colborne, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2012

This was my first all inclusive vacation and it was great!!! I was warned before I booked that Cuba is not the place to go if your looking for good food, and they were right. However, the pasta station and the 24 hour snack bar were good. Salad bar was hit and miss, but all produce was fresh each day. The rooms very clean, although I would suggest not staying on the first floor. You spend most of your day on the beach or by the pool so the rooms are absolutely suitable for sleeping and showering. The beach is amazing!!!!!! Even though its busy you dont feel crowded at all. The staff made the trip fantastic. They are fun, caring and very easy to get along with. The entertainment crew especially made the trip far beyond expectations.They are always avaiable for games, dance lessons, and even take you out to clubs at night. Overall I would definitely go back and hope that someday in the near future I can.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
12 Thank Brianne C
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Came back from cuba in January (jan. 8th 2012 to Jan. 16th 2012) considering it is winter in cuba we had great weather (one windy and couldy day)

The food was not as bad as people make it out to be, yes we ate alot of chicken and rice but we could always fill up on the fresh breads and ice cream as well, the a la carte was ok, I really enjoyed the small band taking requests in the restaurant the most.

Staff was great so many friendly people including the animators who did stretching and games on the beach every morning, deffinatly could have had more music playing during the day but nothing ur ipod cant resolve, beach is beautiful water is clear but was very cold in January on the first couple of days we were there.

Not the biggest party place, mostly families and couples, but fun none the less. They have a disco right on the resort near the pool, I didnt go but some people said they enjoyed it.

When we first got there we got a room on the bottom floor near the road, we asked to switch rooms because of a slight moldy smell and got a 2nd floor room with a great view of the pool area wich we enjoyed very much.

Met some great people there, mostly the local cuban people who were so kind and always smiling, will go back to this hotel as well to see them.

They had nightly shows such as authentic cuban dancers, magic shows ect.

I am planning to go back hopefully in April, herd the weather is supposed to be amazing (its there spring as well) will go to the same hotel and reconnect with all my new friends :)

6 Thank Kimybell
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2012

this is an excellent hotel, the staff are GREAT !!! the beach is amazing, if i come back this is deffinetly the place for me, the people are so kind, the hospitality is awsome it feels just like at home. ill come back ofcourse with all my family and friends.

18 Thank Jessee A
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We had an amazing time, the rooms were clean, and the service was great!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tina B
Truro, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This was our first time travelling to the caribbean and we went in with the attitude that as long as it's clean then we will have a good time! We are very adventurous people and are not overly picky. We didn't expect a top of the line resort and stayed here because of the price. We had a fantastic time because we did a lot of excursions and didn't spend much time at the resort. Here is how everything went:

Food: My fiancee and I are definitely not picky eaters. Finishing university not long ago, we lived on kraft dinner for years so most food is fine with us! I had heard that the food in Cuba is not amazing but I went in with an open mind and thought maybe it was just people being picky. I ate food the first day (at the buffet because all of the restaurants were booked before we even arrived) and it was HORRIBLE. It smelled like rotten fish in the buffet and even outside of it. The fruit was old, dry and tasteless. For dinner I got pasta and the guy running it was very fun and high fived everyone. It was okay. After that, I didn't eat for 3 days except for packs of peanuts and cashews from the store which were about 10 bucks a bag! By the 5th day, I couldn't even go into the buffet as I would become physically nauseated. The coffee upstairs was great thought! The best food was when we went on excursions and ate at local places. We ended up getting reservations to 2 restaurants and it was the same food from the buffet in a nicer setting. One last thing about food: my fiancee ate a burger on the beach and it was red on the inside and we are pretty sure it was pork not beef. Our friends snuck us onto their resort a few resorts down and the food was much better I don't think I have ever been so hungry in my life. I lost 5-7 pounds on this holiday !! Drinks were watered down and tasteless as well.

Room: Didn't feel clean; we checked for roaches every night. There was a huge hole above the shower and I was paranoid that a bug would fall onto me while I was showering! The room had an odd smell and the bed was almost a mattress sitting on the flood. Felt very unclean and after the first night of sleeping I had a huge rash on one entire side of my body. It was millions of little red bumps and it was SOOO itchy. Luckily I had hydrocortisone cream with me but it didn't fully get rid of it. I had the rash off and on until a few weeks after I returned home. After the first night I slept full clothed with my own beach towel between me and the bedding. Not exactly a setting for romance for you and your significant other!!!

Beach: Highlight of the resort: amazing beach. Easy to get a chair. Be careful of the tiny little jellyfish, we all got stung a few times (didn't hurt THAT much though). Beware of the topless and almost bottomless old men and women!!! It made me laugh but sometimes I didn`t know where to look hahahahhahahha.

Service: The woman cleaning our room did an amazing job with the cute towel art everyday. Other than that, it felt like we were unwelcome and inconveniencing people. We never asked for anything but if we had a question or were just saying hello, people were not friendly. They did not seem happy to be working there (can't say I blame them).

Excursions: We did the dolphin trip, the jeep safari, the deep sea fishing and the Havana trip with the rum factory.

Dolphin trip - this was run well, although I will never do this again. One of the dolphins had a huge deep scar across its eye and down its face. I don`t even know why I did this as I just kept thinking about the documentary `The Cove` so I couldn`t really enjoy myself. I felt a bit freaked out as the water was very thick and murky and I couldn`t sea what was underneath me. The dolphins would just pop up out of nowhere or bump into my legs and it kind of scared me!!...Then they told us to swim out and put our legs out away from our bodies. We did this one at a time and then 2 dolphins would push the bottoms of your feet and throw you into the air. The other people on the excursion were all larger women and men and would go a little bit into the air, but I am a smaller girl and they shot me about 15 feet into the air! When I hit the water I smacked my head and had a major migraine!! Not their fault but just be aware!!!

Jeep safari: By far the best excursion. We went snorkelling at a secluded area, then went to a plantation and had the best meal (although it was goat if you don`t like to eat that!). We visited a local`s house and he was the most hilarious man ever. He didn`t speak any english but he was about 5 feet tall and wanted a lot of pictures with us and him haha. We got to swim in an underground cave (SOOOO COOL!). We also went on a riverboat and got to jump out the windows into the lagoon...best part of the whole vacation.

Deep sea fishing: The boys wanted to do this, so we went along! I was excited but I got extremely ill. It is a 4 hour excursion and within the 1st hour, I was vomitting every 20 minutes off the side of the boat (even after taking gravol). If you have any motion sickness, you may want to sit this one out!!! The two men that took us out were VERY understanding and did everything they could to try and make me feel better. They stopped the trip halfway and took us to a call spot where we went snorkelling instead and it was less wavy! The two guys jumped into the water and just picked up a bunch of lobster and cooked it right on the boat (too bad I was sooo sick I couldn`t eat). I felt so bad that I was sick but they were VERY accomodating!

Havana trip: worth seeing, but do not wear a Canada shirt, we got harassed and then pulled into a back alley where a box full of drugs were offered to us...needless to say we got out of there pretty fast!!! Cool trip though.

Overall: Had an amazing time!!! Hotel was kind of gross but Cuba was a great time and we have a lot of good stories after this trip! We are going to Jamaica this year instead to try something new :)

Room Tip: I heard that rooms NOT in the main building are better.