“Can't say enough good things about this resort!!!”

Brisas del Caribe Hotel
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Varadero
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Every time I go, it feels like going back home. The staff is awsome, friendly, and kind. I feel very safe their, security is doing their job. The resort is situated on a beautiful location, nice white sandy beach. The food is great. I keep going back spring and fall and can't beat the prices. This spring coming up will be my 5th time and I hope I will be able to continue to go each spring and fall..... Love the staff.... :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Claudette D
Gisell A, Public Relations Manager at Brisas del Caribe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Claudette D:

Thank you very much for the opinions shared, we are pleased that your holiday with us is satisfactory. For us it is an honor that your opinion is so positive, reason requires us to work better every day.
Thank you very much!
Greetings from Brisas del Caribe.
We hope to see you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,074)

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Brisas Del Caribe... Where do I even start? I've had such a fantastic experience at this resort! I've visited Brisas 3 times within a year, and I will continue to keep going back. Its really the staff and beautiful location that will keep me coming back. It feels like my home away from home now!

I can tell you I've read through alot of reviews regarding this resort and I have to say that some I agree with but most I think are being really unfair. I think people set their expectations too high, you just really can't please everyone. Brisas tries really hard to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. In my opinion they are doing a fine job at it.

I have read reviews regarding the staff and how unfriendly they are.. I don't know where you are staying but I'm sure its not at Brisas Del Caribe! In my experience I have met only the very best of staff at this resort, all make me feel extremely welcome and remember me each time I go back! Thats a special feeling. You would be blown away at the power behind a simple smile and "hola" Try actually getting to know them.

The ride from the airport to the resort is too long.. but only because I anticipate the arrival at Brisas! For real though, its about half an hour or so. Its not long at all, the tour guide will keep you entertained the whole time.

Once arriving at the resort, the ladies at the front desk are welcoming and are very fast and efficient at getting you checked into your room. I've only ever had Doug help with transporting my luggage to the room, but I'm sure everyone is great. (You can't miss Doug, hes the one with the big bright blue eyes!)

Regarding rooms... I have only stayed right in the main building on either the second floor or the third floor. Only once did I have to switch up my room, and only because I had asked for a king size bed and was given a double. The rooms are typical tropical resort rooms, the minimum you need for the amount of time you will be spending in them. I mean if you plan on staying in your room for the duration of your vacation then maybe you should think about traveling elsewhere. I've been very fortunate to always get a room with a working and functional ac! (Which I am grateful for) The cleaning staff have always kept our rooms in tip top shape! Complete with the beautiful towel art!

Food! The dreaded food review.. I'll be completely honest. I am the pickiest eater in the world! If I can find something to eat everyday then I'm sure you can too. It's true however that Cuban food is very plain.. its not the same as what we are used to here in Canada. Its healthy and fresh! I eat alot of chicken, vegetables and fruits while I'm in Cuba. All delicious! I would also love to mention the fact that their bread is the most amazing bread I've ever had! The buffet staff are great! They are very attentive and always greet you with a warm smile! I'd just like to mention Vladimir (Buffet staff), he's got such a great friendly personality! Defiantly get to know him! The guys working the pasta bar are great aswell! Always a good laugh while waiting for your pasta!

The beach! The beach is absolutely GORGEOUS!! The blue waters and white soft sand! I can't even begin to describe how incredible it is, oh now I miss it. The lifeguards that work the beach during the day are so friendly and are always there to help with a lounge chair! Take a moment when heading to the beach to actually stop and enjoy the trail from the pool to the beach.. its the most beautiful walkway ever!

I don't normally drink coffee... while in Cuba it is a different story! I drink coffee every morning from the coffee bar! Its so nice to see warm smiles from behind the coffee bar each morning. The staff that work here are great! Ask them to make you something different each day, I've discovered I love ice coffee and cappuccino! (with rum of course!)

Ok now on to my FAVOURITE place to relax and spend time on the resort! The POOL BAR! I can't say enough nice things about the bartenders and entertainment staff! I smile at all the fond memories I have of them; Raul, Miguel, Alfonso, and Marc Anthony! All amazing guys, who will guarantee put a smile on your face and make you laugh so hard it hurts! Try the rum punch! Its soo good! Ask Marc Anthony to make you a mojito! I suggest to bring your own travel cup ... as the cups are very small and empty very quickly! The entertainment staff are great! Bebe, Robert and Glenda! They will for sure have you up and dancing, playing bingo (chicka, chicka), or even singing in no time! Don't be afraid to join in, its a great way to meet other tourists aswell!

I also feel the need to include a section in my review to discuss tips.. I've read reviews that have said tips are necessary in order to get the best service. I just want to say its not true, although tips are appreciated I do not think they are required. I myself have always tipped, just like in Canada if I am happy with the service then I tip.

All in all I have always enjoyed my stay at Brisas! Like I said before it really is the staff and incredible people I have met there that keep me going back.

My friends and I just got back at the end of October and are already planning our next trip in April 2014! I already can't wait to go back!

See you soon Brisas Del Caribe!
Michelle

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank DegagneMich

Dear DegagneMich: thank you very much for taking part of your time to post a review about us.
Thank you for making us your home!! for us it is a great honor to have deposited a drop of confidence in our work, we will share your review with the staff, which in turn know to be glad to hear from you.
A greetings from Brisas del Caribe and we hope to see it soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

My friends and have been visiting Brisas del Caribe for a few years. We are very loyal to this hotel and especially the staff. We organize regular visits in April and October. I think many of the comments about the hotel and staff are not fair. If you're looking for a western 4 or 5 star hotel then don't come to Cuba. Simple!

If you're looking for a safe, fun, and clean hotel with killer beaches and the most incredible staff then you found the right place. The hotel is not perfect but the staff and hotel management has been working hard to upgrade the rooms and renovate. Yes the food is getting better and better. Definitely try the a la carte restos or many of the restos in town.

I agree with one of the reviews in that people come to this resort expecting 4 star western standards and get disappointed, act snobby and treat the staff poorly. Show the staff respect, a smile, getting to know their names and about about their lives. This will not only make you a new friend but also enrich your experience/visit.

Sailing staff: led by Felix, Pawel, Lazaro and Wilfred are great guys to go sailing with and snorkeling. Cannot say enough good things about these guys. They are very professional. Nothing better than hearing the sound of coral moving underwater.

Coffee bar and waiter: Margarita, Akex (aka the Cuban James Bind) and Vladimir are the warmest and most sincere people. Always welcoming, personal and willing to talk about their lives.

Entertainment staff: Bebe, Mister Robert (aka lucky 15) and Glenda are the faces of the hotel and center of all activities. Love these guys, their positive energy and sense of humor. Don't miss their pool activities and evening shows (especially the talent shows with hotel guests). Don't be shy to get involved!

Bar staff: Juan Miguel, Alfonso, Lilly, Marc Anthony (aka the Mojito Doctor) and especially Jose Raul are very sincere and personal people. I consider Jose a friend and enjoy taking to him about life and laughing together. Such incredible bar staff.

Don't miss the Cuban musicians led by Ernesto Perez and his brother. I will never forget hanging out with that group and watching them compose new music together. Such talented artists and friends.

Do yourself a favor and watch the dance shows at the hotel. The shows are performed by Danzarena. I've seen all their shows and would definitely keep seeing them again. Move over X Factor...

Another treat is watching Rogelio (Roger) and Edgar put on some incredible magic acts in the lobby. They don't come by often but when they do make sure you take them aside to watch them perform. Great for kids and adults.

Lastly I have to thank Doug, reception and the Public Relations staff. You guys always make my and my friends stay all the better. I'm glad to see younger people part of Public Relations. Always a good sign. But I always watched public relations handle a few scary moments when guests got sick or ill and they took care of things very quickly.

Brisas del Caribe is definitely a home away from home. You will definitely see me and my friends from across Canada returning again and again.

Mark

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark_mtl34
Gisell A, Public Relations Manager at Brisas del Caribe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Mark:

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion, for us it is a great pleasure to have customers like you here, or best friends like you, because you are already part of the family of Brisas del Caribe, please highlight our positive results and get feedback on different areas that we must solve, since its shared views with the public relations staff, or from Tripadvisor Thank you!!!
and hope to see you soon.

Greetings from the home.!!!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We love the Brisas Del Caribe! It is like a home away from home. The people are what make the Brisas the best! They are all amazing and always remember you. We are going back for the 3rd time this Christmas! The food is great! Love the morning espresso coffee, the lunchmeat and cheese which I absolutely would love to buy in Canada but can't find. The beach is the most beautiful in all the Caribbean with lots of lounges, safe, clean etc. Varadero is less than a 20 minute double decker bus ride away and this year my 2 teen daughters and I will be play Santa Claus and deliver gifts to some of the townsfolk verandas as a surprise. I would highly recommend the the Brisas for its value, beauty and friendliness!

Room Tip: I like the rooms facing the ocean but for families the bigger more quieter rooms on the other side o...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra W

Dear John L:
Thank you for trust in Brisas del Caribe Resorts and thank you for choosing us.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us and you will come back in Christmas. Thank you!!

We have shared your review with all the Brisas staff, and we would like to have the opportunity to accompany you in this Christmas. Greetings from your Cuban home.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Value for money!!!!
This is a 3.5 rating and as such do not expect more and you would not be disappointed. We
are very pleased with the level of service and the facilities in the south side of the resort. We have been to Brisas 3 times in a row and very pleased.
The complex is not new and it requires some updating

Room Tip: Choose the South side where it's quieter and the rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Dear John L:
Thanks for sharing your opinion about our hotel, helps us a lot because we feedback about the work we do, we are very pleased that your stay at our hotel was satisfactory. thank you very much again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Our fist time to Brisas Del Caribe was in Febuary 2010 then returned again in Febuary 2011, Both times we had a great time, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and some of the staff even remembered us on our return visit I was very impressed. We preferred the South side over the North section, although it was a little noisy some nights with the partier's going at it hard all night.
The Beach was fantastic as was the weather, there were some fum times around the pool with all the games the staff had organized. The food was ok a little bland but tasted fine, and the Cuban barbeques were excellent, I am looking forward to the next one. Our rooms were fairly clean and comfortable and the cleaning staff did a marvelous job of keeping it that way, got a kick out of the shapes the staff managed to make out of the towels
My youngest son and I both scuba dive so we went out on a couple of dives and it was awesome thoroughly enjoyed it, and the dive centre was right across the road from the hotel.
For our next trip in Febuary 2013 we are going to make sure we go on the Jeep safari, have heard a lot of good things about the trip.
We have always felt safe in Cuba and at the Brisas Del Caribe the Cuban people have to be the friendliest people you could ever hope to meet. I would recommend Cuba and the Brisas to anyone, I look forward to our next visit. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: I found the south side rooms nicer, quieter during the day but can get a little noisy at night. Try...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear Roy M:

Thank you for your review about our hotel, for us is very helpful since we are pleased that you recognize the work we have done for us is very important that your stay here is satisfactory reason why we work.
Thank you very much once again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We loved Brisas... so much we have been there 3 times... and heading for a 4th this year.. always in April....

Been there with adults only and as a family ( less than $2000 for 4 of us ) and have not had a bad experience... staying in the South end near the 24 hr bar in the Family area has always been good..

Staff like Uneil, Miladys George Omar and nadalene made sure we were always taken care of and all needs met... we continue to take care of them and feel like they are part of our family we go to visit each year....

People who go to Cuba and expect delicacies need to go other places. There is always something to eat... lots to drink.. the beach is beautiful and you don't have to leave the resort for anything if you don't want to... who cares if some toilets don't have seats... its actually more sanitary to hover,,, and if they run out of cheese find something else to eat... or bring your own jar of Cheez whiz....

We love Brisas... and cant imagine going anywhere else for the money we pay....

Room Tip: Always ask for the family rooms in the south - not gardenview or main building...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank wuzagrundy

dear wuzagrundy:
thank you very much for sharing your opinion and take some of your time to get feedback on the work we have done, we are very pleased to know that your stay at our facility was good, we are working on that.

Thank you very much once again and hope to see you soon.