1st time to Cuba, and as most say lovely friendly people makes the holiday. The hotel is spotless. The food very nice. Cocktails hit and miss, lobby bar particularly poor, the staff at this one sling them together, as quick as they can, so never get mixers in correct measurements. Staff in Cascada do a far far better job.
The biggest negative of my holiday was other guests! There is a trend I notice, by older guests to buy the staff! This is very noticeable, especially on the beach. They pay to reserve beds in best position, and also have an extra one, so 2 people 3 beds! The 3rd used when coming out of sea to save one with cushions on for relaxing! I saw several people do this. To add insult to injury, they then hardly use them. One morning 2 beds reserved with old t shirts, and nice clean towels, under the palapas never had anyone use them, in the 6hrs I was by the beach!
Good hotel lovely staff. But some very bad practices that need addressing by management!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Las Américas is the premier Golf Resort in Cuba and it is also the only one with direct access to The Varadero Golf Club. Located on The Varadero Peninsula, a tropical paradise jutting into the clear waters of the Caribbean on Cuba’s northern coats. Poised between the beach and championship golf course, the 5-star hotel is an upscale all inclusive adults only (over 18 years). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Melia, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Las Americas Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Las Americas
- Melia Las Americas Varadero