Really nice resort!
I was pleasantly surprised. I was there for 8 nights. The food was good even though at the buffet it was a little repetitive. The beach was amazing. The majority of the staff was friendly and helpful.
One night, Angela the concierge, left an enveloppe in my room with two reservations for the ''a la carte restaurant'' without me asking for it. This is 5 stars service.
The yoga class with Illellen was good. She was giving it in the coutyard. Compare to the other teacher who was giving it in the gym.
On the other hand, there are a few things that could be improved.
When I checked in, I asked for an non-smoking room since I'm asthmatic. When I arrived in the room, there was an ashtray in the bathroom and in the room and an air fresener was plugged in.
One place I never expected to see a snake is on a beach. I've travelled a lot and I've never seen a snake on a beach before. A long black snake (about 4 or 5 feet long) passed under my chair. Personaly, I'm not scared of gekkos or frogs, but I'm very scared of snakes. Two days after, I saw a smaller one on the sidewalk close the swimming pool. Hopefully, they will do something about it.
Finally, the last morning while I was packing my bags just before checking out, a guest came in into my room with his card. Freaky! I called the 700 number to let the Customer service know about this situation. The person who I spoke to didn't understand so she transferred me to room service. If you get room 3503, make sure they solve that problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Las Américas is the premier Golf Resort in Cuba and it is also the only one with direct access to The Varadero Golf Club. Located on The Varadero Peninsula, a tropical paradise jutting into the clear waters of the Caribbean on Cuba’s northern coats. Poised between the beach and championship golf course, the 5-star hotel is an upscale all inclusive adults only (over 18 years). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Melia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Las Americas Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Las Americas
- Melia Las Americas Varadero