“"Second time of charm"”

Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Varadero
Montreal, Canada
“"Second time of charm"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

(August 1st - August 9th, 2014)

This was our second time back at Melia Las Americas and I have no regrets going back a second time. From beginning to end it was an amazing vacation.

With regards to the food my only comment is you are in Cuba and I believe they are doing the best they can with what they have, therefore you need to adapt and accept it or you will not enjoy your stay. We did see significant improvement because of Stefano (from Italy) the executive chef. The people who complain about internet access, again you are in Cuba ...that's all I will say !!!

The entertainment manager, Yhosvanni Albanes Sobrino is dedicated in providing enjoyable shows and keeping guests entertained. It is not an easy task and with his personnel on the beach working hard everyday and at night with the amazing dancers, he pulls it off ! BRAVI !!!

The hotel personnel whether they worked at the bars, restaurants, buffet or administrative staff, they had only positive things to say about the hotel Director, Mr. Bernard Meyer. We had an issue on our last day and Mr. Meyer resolved the issue quickly and we could continue our last day without any stress. Grazie !!!

The best hotel in Varadero, Cuba is Melia Las Americas and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asks me. Under the management of Mr. Bernard Meyer, we would consider going back a third time!

Catia and Alireza

Room Tip: If you want privacy you should chose the bungalow. Its quiet, peaceful and spacious.
6 Thank Catia A
MLAGeneralManager, General Manager at Melia Las Americas, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Catia A,
It was our pleasure to have had you as our guest for the second time and to know that you enjoyed once more time an amazing vacation at Meliá Las Américas. We truly appreciate your taking the time to share your wonderful experience on Trip Advisor.
Reading your evaluation of our resort as the best hotel in Varadero as well as your recommendation to anyone to visit us, we were so happy that you appreciated how our Management and Staff always strive to go above and beyond to please our guests. We are glad to know we met that objective during your stay.
Thank you for your commendations on our facilities and services and particularly your praises concerning our Entertainment program. No doubt, our Entertainment team will also be inspired by your high praises of their professionalism.
Your informative review assisted us in analyzing our overall customer service and facilities and we thank you for it.
We look forward to welcoming you back anytime soon and hope that you will continue to tell your friends and family about our hotel.
Warmest regards.

Bernard Meyer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (993)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband and I just came back. We had a very nice vacation. We recommand this hotel very highly. Even though the rooms are "oldish style", the are very clean. We had a room with a view to the sea and golf course and it was fantastic. The beach is beautiful and the food at the buffet is quite good and there is enough variety for to eat not the same thing for a whole week.
There are four restaurant "à la carte". We recommend "the Arcada". Very good food, very nice ambiance. The italian restaurant is so so for the food, but the view to the beach and sunset is fantastic.
The staff is very hard working and friendly. They make your stay a delight.

We would like to thank all the staff and managers for are wonderful vacation.

Johanne & Frank

Room Tip: From the 3rd floor up you can see the Sea on both sides of the hotel. You can have a view on the bea...
6 Thank FrankandJohanne
Dear FrankandJohanne,
Such constructive evaluation of our services and amenities is always helpful in assessing the quality of service we are giving our guests. Thank you for sharing the experience of your very nice vacation at Meliá Las Américas on Trip Advisor, so soon after arriving home.
Our hotel takes pride in the spotlessness in all areas of our resort and the professional and excellent service provided by our Staff, so your comments were very rewarding to our hardworking team.
Thanks for your remarks about the quality & variety of our food offer. Please be assured that we have noted your comments about the Italian restaurant Il Limoncello and will certainly pass them on to the Executive Chef.
We are motivated to have you described us as an excellent place and we are grateful for your recommendation to other travelers to visit us. Please continue to share the word about our resort.
We will gladly pass your gratitude to our personnel. They will be proud to know they made your stay so memorable.
We hope that you will not hesitate to return soon.
Warm regards from the beautiful Varadero beach.

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel with lovely staff on a stunning beach.
First class in all departments, superbly run by Bernard, the general manager, who's always visible.
Beautiful bedrooms with complimentary mini-bar and great, flat screen Samsung TVs.
Food at the buffet is great with excellent choice.
Highly recommend.
Just one small suggestion...Bernard, is it possible to have more mango at the buffet restaurant?
It always seemed to run out early and was rarely replenished.
Looking forward to returning soon.
I have also posted a photo.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank benbLondon
MLAGeneralManager, General Manager at Melia Las Americas, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear benbLondon,
We truly appreciate your having taken the time to share your great experience with other fellow travelers. Since your first description of our resort: “Lovely hotel with lovely staff on a stunning beach”, we knew how you enjoyed our facilities and services. I am so pleased to read that you considered your stay excellent and you found Meliá Las Américas “first class in all departments! Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
Also we will gladly let our staff know about your gentle comments as they will give them confidence to increase the quality of their daily services.
Our goal is to provide each guest with a memorable experience. We believe it is only through listening carefully to our customers’ suggestion that we will be able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we desire. Thank you for it.
We hope that you will tell friends and family about our hotel. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back anytime soon.
Kind regards from Varadero.

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and it just gets better. The food is of a very high standard with the Silver Service at La Arcadia matching any Restaurant back home for quality and service. Also all the staff in the La Terraza Restaurant who always greet you with a smile.

And a special mention for all of the Lobby Bar staff who not only get to know what you drink but do it with such pride and passion.

But what really makes this hotel stand out are characters like Julio Showman and Ariel from the entertainment team who work with such dedication to put on shows nightly.

I look forward to visiting Melia Las Americas again in January.

The General Manager Bernard is very pro active and can be seen wondering around the hotel on a daily basis.

Alison Exeter UK

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Alison1013
MLAGeneralManager, General Manager at Melia Las Americas, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Alison1013,
Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. For us it is very important that you chose our hotel for the second time and you found our services gets even better. I am very thankful for describing Melia Las Americas as a paradise.
We couldn't be more pleased to read that our staff made you felt welcomed and pampered and you found them friendly and courteous. Thank you very much for mentioning the genuine attitude & excellent service provided by the personnel at Buffet restaurant, La Arcada restaurant, Lobby Bar and especially by our Entertainment team. They will be so proud to hear of your kind mentions and that their first-rate service is the reason this stay was special to you.
We also appreciated a lot that your comments highlighted the fact that our Management and Staff really go the extra mile to meet the needs of our guests. I assure you the most important thing for all us is our guests’ satisfaction.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in January.
With my warmest regards.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have to say this was my first time in Cuba so had to rely on reviews found online to guess where best to say. Needless to say I was not disappointed. I'll try to quickly elaborate on the most important points of the stay to summarize.

Food:
I had read lots of complaints online in general about food being bland in Cuba...at least for this place...I didn't find this the case at all. The buffet was good with the a la carte restaurants even better.

Service:
I have to say almost every staff member I saw or met provided a positive vibe. This included the many waiting staff present for the buffet. Of note I have to say Julio was admirable in his ability to exude amusement and create entertainment. Hats off to him for that. Roberto for running many great beach activities and keeping things lively there. Last but not least Bernard, who I have to say must have been a clone since could be found popping up in all different places of the resort and always making sure things were shipshape.

Room:
I was perhaps one of the luckier ones as I was able to get a room on the 3rd floor. Definitely it is better to get one of the rooms on the higher levels so as to get a wonderful view of the beach/ocean. I didn't stay in a bungalow but I know those were options there as well. The room definitely was clean and cleaning staff on hand I have to say were fine.

Beach:
Most amazing ever. I live in Vancouver and have travelled to Hawaii so those are my points of reference. Super large and at the same time wasn't packed to the brim where I felt I wasn't able to relax and have my space. Grass hut covers were abundant including beach chairs. I even saw staff cleaning chairs in the morning. :D 1 Beach volleyball court is present and a few bars close around for those of us wanting to a cold drink while lounging on the beach.

Excitement:
Some may figure that boredom may ensue at an all inclusive resort but I never believed in that and the same goes for the resort luckily. First off, beach activities are abundant. From beach volleyball games to giving Spanish lessons to pool parties. There was something for everyone at the place. If you wanted to just smoke and chat to pass time...the patio right outside the lobby is where folks congregate. Those that wish to test the limits of their alcohol tolerance can be found next to the bar at the pool chatting away. Last but not least those that crave the night/party scene, hats off to the dancers and performance staff for putting on amazing shows almost every night pretty much.

This is a place that I have to say would definitely need to make a return trip too again.

Cheers!
Norris

Room Tip: Definitely look for a room that is on the 3rd or 4th floor since those provide a great view of the o...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Sirron T
MLAGeneralManager, General Manager at Melia Las Americas, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Sirron T
Thank you for choosing Meliá Las Américas for your first Cuban vacation. We are so glad to know that out of the myriad of all-inclusive properties in Varadero, you opted to spend your vacation with us because so many wonderful comments from former clients that you found on Trip Advisor. Thank you for taking the time to share also your valued feedback after your “7 nights of bliss”. Detailed comments like yours help to other travellers to decide to visit our resort.
We have noted that you enjoyed all we had to offer, from quality & variety of our food to our marvelous beach & excellent entertainment program. We were in addition pleased to read that the professionalism and genuine attitude of each and every one of our Staff were amongst the highlights of your stay. Such positive appraisal serves to reward our hardworking team.
Our Management & Staff will be pleased to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards from Varadero.

montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I went to this hotel for our honeymoon 2 years ago. We decided to go back again this summer since we had such a wonderful experience last time. Yet again, the hotel and staff did not disappoint! The only animators left from last time were Julio and Ariel. Ariel was just as great as we remembered. The new animators were also very friendly and professional. We were also invited to the special repeaters dinner for guests who have been to the hotel multiple times. It was very nice and private and we had a great time there! The new manager is superb. He makes an effort to be visible to guests and greet them at meal time. Everything from our room, to the restaurants, to the staff, to management, to food was perfect! Not a negative word to say. Definitely the best hotel in Varadero! See you next time!

Room Tip: No matter what view you get, it's a great one!
1 Thank mel_soccer
Dear mel_soccer
Comments like yours are definitely nice to read. For us is so encouraging to read that your second vacation at Meliá Las Américas was even better than your last stay two years ago on your honeymoon.
Thanks for highlighting the genuine attitude of all our Staff, particularly our Entertainment team, as well as all our facilities & services that again exceed your expectations. We are grateful for mentioning by name those of our personnel who made your stay extra-special.
It was also motivating to read that you described us as “the best hotel in Varadero!”
We hope to welcome you back for an even better experience on your next Wedding Anniversary!
Receive my warmest greetings from Varadero.

Milton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

It was my first time at Melia las Americas, but I am a fan of the Melia hotels in general. I have only positive feed back to say.

The staff will do everything they can to make you happy, the food was amazing especially the lunch at the bungalow pool and dinner at "Las Arcadas". If you are a golfer, this was one of the most amazing court I have seen...and it is included!

It was so quiet, that I felt I was in my own backyards, enjoying a drink with my friends. It is a plus not having kids there for sure.

Great for couples and person travelling solo. The crowd is really friendly and being solo, I met a lot of amazing people.

I would recommend to get the Bungalows as the rooms are amazing. It also includes room service 24 hours + breakfast which is a great add on if you are in a romantic getaway.

The director of the hotel Mr. Meyer is always on site and super friendly, so do not be shy to say hi!\

I would definitely go back to this hotel....as a matter of fact I think I just found my new best resort!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Frenchval100
Dear Frenchval100,
First of all we wish to express our gratitude for your devotion for Meliá hotels. We absolutely adored your rating and lovely comments and we were also delighted to know that your first vacation at Meliá Las Américas had exceeded your expectations.
Your warm comments about the relaxing ambiance of our Adults Only resort, the quality & variety of gastronomic offer and all our facilities and services encourages us to continue working for our guests’ wellbeing. Thank you very much for sharing! Also your kind comments regarding our highly skilled and friendly team make our Management & Staff so proud. Your comments are of a great value to us so that we may continue with our efforts to have more satisfied and happy clients each day!
We look forward to creating more wonderful memories with you on your next visit to a MELIÁ Resort!
It will be our pleasure to count you as one of our loyal guests in the future.
Thank you for your heartwarming review.
Kind regards,