“no value for money”
Review of El Rancho

El Rancho
Ranked #30 of 112 Restaurants in Varadero
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The lobster was very good here.....price was only $15.00 CUC. The filet mignon was also good here. This restaurant is right across the street from Josone Park in Varadero.
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“no value for money”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The food was not good. I had fish filet and my bf had shrimps in salsa sauce. Had to go to our hotel snack bar afterwards.
it was expensive for what it was. though the staff is very well trained.

1 Thank Maria_14_july

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, Canada
“Food Poisoning from Lobster Tail!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My boyfriend and I had lunch here while day shopping in Veradaro. The restaurant came recommended by a local and from outward appearances the restaurant looked great....He had the lobster and I had the chicken. About 2+ hrs after lunch he began to have an upset stomach and we headed back to our resort. He was deathly ill on our last day in Cuba and I had dinner alone that night while he was sick in our room - I have never seen anyone so sick from food poisoning before. Very disappointing.

2 Thank Frantinac
“Fiesta and Becauz' Great Cuban Adventure”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Nice looking restaurant but the food was very disappointing and expensive. I didn't order any food as I knew it wasn't going to be good. My husband ordered the lobster tail and filet mignon, which were both terrible. We realized after we received the bill that the price of the dinner depended on the size of the lobster and of course, we got a huge one. The filet mignon was not a filet mignon - just a big hunk of meat that was raw and chewy. Very disappointing.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Bharti M
Halifax
“Great spot for lunch and listening to the Beatles Bar at night”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Excellent spot and value for lunch. Food was great and large portions. Service was good. Would definitely recommend this bar

New Glasgow, Canada
“Nothing Spectacular”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Our tour guide from earlier in the week recommended this restaurant. And I will say that the food was much better than the resort food we had all week.

First off I should start off with the fact that it was a nice location and the cool breeze coming through teh open aired resturant was nice, until a guy on a megaphone started yelling on the sidewalk about how great a restaurant it was to try and bring more customers in.

The waiter was a little pushy on trying to upsell you items (but i found this to be true at any restaurant in cuba) but they also didn't mind if we turned down the advances.

I ordered the chicken while my gf order the lobster (lobster was actually cheaper than fish) and must say they tasted good. She really enjoyed her lobster (cooked in garlic butter), my chicken was decent however it came with a nasty gravy all over it, but once i took the skin off the chicken you couldn't taste it. I will say the plate its served on it filled with veggies (potatoes, beets, beans, rice, cucumbers, tomatoes) so you won't go hungry after eating here. I found out that the french fries i asked for were actually an appetizer and that it must have been about 2lbs of fries on a plate (so you can share one order for a table)

There was a band that started playing and going around to the tables, which made you feel obligated to tip or buy the cd they pushed for afterwards. A simple 1peso tip for a song wasn't too bad though.

In all the food was pretty good but for the price they charge (upcharge for tourists it seemed as our bill came to 43 pesos when there are other restaurants in Varadero which have the same meal for 15pesos) I probably wouldn't go back but instead find one of the cheaper places maybe a little further off of the tourist strip area and further downtown varadero (below 50 street)