“So much for just a drink”
Review of El Rancho

El Rancho
Ranked #37 of 117 Restaurants in Varadero
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The lobster was very good here.....price was only $15.00 CUC. The filet mignon was also good here. This restaurant is right across the street from Josone Park in Varadero.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and myself went to Varadero for a day with not much intention of having lunch. However we stopped at El Rancho for a drink and decided to have a bite to eat. The waiter explained it would be about 1/2 an hour we said that was not a problem. WOW when our chicken it was amazing. We had 1/2 a chicken each server with salad and rice. I am not the kind of person that would usually pick the bones but I did enjoy picking all the meat off the bones it was so tasty.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I would not recommend eating anything from this restaurant. The food was not good at all. Do not order any food, I repeat do not order any food. However, if you do go indulge in the drinks, they were delicious. The restaurant itself is very nice and relaxing. The service was not good. Our waiter brought us hard bread rolls, which we did not ask for and charged us for them. Apparently the only thing on the menu that was available was all of the expensive lobster dishes, which was $40.00 on the day that we were there. I’m sorry but $40.00 for any meal in Cuba is extremely expensive, especially when you can go to a paladar and have that same lobster for $10.00. Finally after declining the lobster several times, the waiter said the grilled fish and chicken breast was available to order. They were both horrible!!! This was my first and last time eating at a government restaurant.

2  Thank shawndee g
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The food was not good. I had fish filet and my bf had shrimps in salsa sauce. Had to go to our hotel snack bar afterwards.
it was expensive for what it was. though the staff is very well trained.

1  Thank Maria_14_july
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My boyfriend and I had lunch here while day shopping in Veradaro. The restaurant came recommended by a local and from outward appearances the restaurant looked great....He had the lobster and I had the chicken. About 2+ hrs after lunch he began to have an upset stomach and we headed back to our resort. He was deathly ill on our last day in Cuba and I had dinner alone that night while he was sick in our room - I have never seen anyone so sick from food poisoning before. Very disappointing.

3  Thank Frantinac
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Nice looking restaurant but the food was very disappointing and expensive. I didn't order any food as I knew it wasn't going to be good. My husband ordered the lobster tail and filet mignon, which were both terrible. We realized after we received the bill that the price of the dinner depended on the size of the lobster and of course, we got a huge one. The filet mignon was not a filet mignon - just a big hunk of meat that was raw and chewy. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Bharti M