My first trip to cuba was at the Tryp hotel, now called Melia Peninsula Varadero back in 2011. We went with our daughter, at the time she was not even 2 years old. We had asked for a room as far away from the noise and pool, and on the second or third floor. Upon our arrival, we waited for a long time for someone to take us to our room, but when they didn't show up after 25 minutes, we decided to walk and figure it out on our own. When we found our room, we were livid. Our room was not only on the first floor, but it was in the building closest to the pool, and all you heard was the bass from the music. Needless to say that with a toddler who naps and sleeps early, this was not going to work. We called reception and they changed our room to one slightly further but on the third floor, which was better.
The beach was beautiful, the people very friendly. Every time my daughter walked on the path, a gardener would give her a flower. Very sweet gesture.
The restaurant by the beach was very good, and offered nice choices if you didn't want to go all the way back to main restaurant for lunch.
Now, almost 3 years later, we decided to go back. Other than the room fiasco , which was solved, we had an overall good experience. This time we will try the elegance package, and we are hoping for better accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All inclusive resort ideal for families, with a dedicated children's area, a marvelous tranquil beach, full of activities for all ages. Honeymooners also get special treatment in a quiet special area. Tennis courts, gym, non motorized water sports, drinks, a la carte and buffet dining included. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Peninsula Varadero Hotel Varadero
- Tryp Peninsula Cuba
- Peninsula Varadero
- Tryp Varadero
- Varadero Peninsula
- Tryp Peninsula Varadero Cuba
- Tryp Peninsula Hotel Varadero Beach
- Varadero Beach Tryp Peninsula