The hotel is lovely, nice rooms and pool. The resort was clean and staff friendly.
My biggest downside was the food. The buffet food was warm at best unless you are lucky and they'd just put something out. The chef in the buffet cooking meat doesn't cook enough. My partner had some very raw pork! The Japanese restaurant was really good though, best food there!!
The security guard by our apartment was very annoying and kept talking to us to try and get sympathy and money. I enjoy chatting to the staff but not when they are clearly begging! Luckily he was only there the 1st 2 days.
The kids pool was closed but adult pool was great. The barman YoYo was excellent and refilled your drinks constantly!
All in all I enjoyed my stay but not sure id go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All inclusive resort ideal for families, with a dedicated children's area, a marvelous tranquil beach, full of activities for all ages. Honeymooners also get special treatment in a quiet special area. Tennis courts, gym, non motorized water sports, drinks, a la carte and buffet dining included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Melia, Prestigia, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melia Peninsula Varadero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Peninsula Varadero Hotel Varadero
- Tryp Peninsula Cuba
- Peninsula Varadero
- Tryp Varadero
- Varadero Peninsula
- Tryp Peninsula Varadero Cuba
- Tryp Peninsula Hotel Varadero Beach
- Varadero Beach Tryp Peninsula