5,142 results
All reviewsmelia peninsulakids poollaguna restauranta la carte restaurantslobby barfishpastamain buffetbuffet restaurantkids clubmain poolbeefother resortsrecommend this resortthe double decker busfriesgreat resort
Reviewed 3 October 2017

we never been in a hotel with so many problems, very dirty pool and pool area, l had some items stolen from inside my suitcase, broken glass in the corridor, we had to go and complain about them being cleaned and my husband cut himself.The cleaners rarely changed the bathroom towels or replaced the drinks in the fridge.The cars of carring the guests passed in high speed in the resort. The customer service room was always full of customer complaining about something. A guests was sick in the pool area we called the staff to clean they did not clear and the vomite went inside the pool.
Also after 17:00 the main pool is not recommended due to inappropriate for kids due the drank customer almost having sex in the pool.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Flavinha17
MPV_General_Manager, Director General at Melia Peninsula Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Flavinha17
We so much regret your experience at our resort had lead you to write this review.
It shows we have not been able to fully meet your expectations and we heartily apologize for it. It is a fact that there are still several issues in which we need to keep on working for all our guests to experience a trully 5 star service. Thanks to your comments, which we have very carefully studied, we have focused on several particular aspects so we are able to make our services more efficient, especially in the field of service and the facilities of the hotel.
In any case, we would really appreciate if you give us the opportunity to serve you, once again, in your next vacation in Varadero.
Antonio Sabaté
Meliá Peninsula Varadero

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We have gone to melia peninsula every year for 5 years love the staff. We had booked this vacation months ago we are to go in November 6, 2017. We are unable to get any information to if we are able to go. We love this resort very much. If you can help us to find out about our vacation we would be greatful.

Room Tip: room by pool and beach 27 building great room
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dtaschuk
Director_Residente, Gerente at Melia Peninsula Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear dtaschuk,

You make us feel much rewarded with your positive review about your holidays at Melia Peninsula Varadero. It is some great motivation to keep on working so our guests leave the resort feeling joyful and renovated.

I heartily thank your sharing your experience with the rest of the travellers community. I am sure this first-hand information you provide will be greatly appreciated by them too. I would be much honored to welcome you back to your new home in sunny Varadero.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

My gf and I have been to the Melia peninsula varaderro 3 times.
First in 2014, 2015 and this year in may 2017.
Our first two visits were nothing short of amazing ! The staff , the rooms , the food and most of all the management was excellent !
In 2015 we were graciously upgraded to VIP status by the then amazing manager Sergio!
This year I was sad to hear that Sergio had moved on to another resort but we still booked and went anyways.
To our chagrin - we received ZERO upgrades from management despite having contact w them months in advance telling them that this was our 3rd time - basically we received nothing !
We were even more shocked to see how badly run down the resort has become and is in dire need of repairs etc etc etc!
W were however extremely pleased to see our friends - the amazing staff that have been so faithful to us over our last 3 visits - they are nothing short of incredible !!!
Sadly I do not see us returning for a 4th time due to the conditions of the resort and the new poor management that did absolutely nothing for us .

Dean j Smith

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank deanjsmith
Director_Residente, Gerente at Melia Peninsula Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear,

Eliminar respuesta

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I just came back from a 7 night stay here with my husband and two kids. After reading the reviews, I went with an open mind. The pros: The resort was beautiful. The staff was so amazingly friendly. The food was ok. The rooms were clean and bathrooms also clean. Although there was construction, it didn't bother us. The cons: Flies. Flies. More flies. The flies were all over the lobby, in all of the restaurants and all over the food. I don't see how this is acceptable. You couldn't eat with a knife and fork because you needed a hand to stop the flies from sitting on your food or drinks. The staff sometimes got a bit out of hand with the expectations of tipping. I don't see why you should have to tip for every little thing. Overall, the hotel is not a 5 star. It's average. I probably wouldn't stay here if I went to Cuba again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank kimchau83
Director_Residente, Gerente at Melia Peninsula Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear kimchau83,

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I have been visiting this hotel for years and always have a pleasurable experience. My last visit was in May 2017 and I was pleasantly surprised to see a young, energetic new manager from Spain. I can see that he is investing a lot effort to take this hotel to new heights and training his personnel in customer service to reach a level of a five star hotel. It's a beautiful hotel that resembles tropical park where you can relax and unwind. I highly recommend this hotel. In comparison to other hotels in the area, this is truly the best. Kind regards, Gatis (George)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Director_Residente, Gerente at Melia Peninsula Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Gatis-George,