Economical for a family of 3, Thank you we did book a bungalow totally worth it. Best Cottage option in Varadero. I will only write about my Bungalow experience, with kids age 7-8.
We loved it.
Choose your flights accordingly...I would not choose Sunwing ( not enough plane to take over a delay..) We always fly with Air Canada, West Jet or Transat.
Sun, Sea and City Resort all in One... Economical for a family of 3, YES we did book a bungalow totally worth it. Best Cottage option by the beach ( based on price ). I will only write about my experience in a "villa style" Bungalow. Located between the quiet pool and the Arenas Blanca's Pool.
New sectional pull out bed, nicely decorated and clean we used 1 level as our mud room ( sands )...and beach & golf bags were not in the way...Up the Stairs and we loved our Tropical Views of the resort - 2 half beds together make it a HUGE King. New white bedding...Clean and inviting with a flat screen to enjoy your French, English and Spanish channels. Clean towels daily. Mini Fridge re fill with beer and water daily. No issue with water pressure or Air Conditioning.
...Excellent City Location across from the Adidas Flagship store, walking distance to the "Beatles" for live music and parties, 5 mins walk to the International for the partiers...Should you wish to splurge on a 5 star dinning experience try Barbacoa $$ Steak House.
Barcelo combined in 1 location offers the most Exceptional Beach ( the best of Varadero) correct nothing like the... "Iberostar Varadero 5 stars with amazing grounds BUT a very disappointing narrow beach 10 feet wide of sand at best" see my review on the Iberostar Varadero. ( we stayed at Iberostar 2 nights / 3 days to enjoy "luxury"...$500. We purchase with Manuela from Cubatur in the lobby. She is the most helpful. They do not make commissions so a nice tip is in order. ($10)
Solymar's lobby is inviting with it's large sofa ( recently renovated ) plenty of seating, the lobby bar is a place of gathering...and where you can enjoy Cappuccino's in the morning ( coffee at the restaurant is ok), we enjoyed the live music before a casual dinners....a nice wine, and cocktails - before enjoying the Buffet ( get creative ) and or Pizza & Pasta ...( Best Thin, Crispy Pizza ) ...
Restaurants a la carte requires your Reservation with the Guest service also located next to the Reception. If you like "Langosta" Caribbean lobster...book your dinner : 1 is included ( value; 30 dollars per person ) We enjoyed the seafood and the service. or and The Spanish - Nice for a Steak grilled to your liking. * ( not a filet mignon ) please remember that your hotel management including food and beverage gets about 35$ a day to feed you,...including drinks, and you hotel room...so based on what we paid, it is more than fair, and we would return again.
TIP:Stay away from Unhappy people with unrealistic expectations and respect for the people of Cuba. Treat it as a secluded world with unique & different standards... it is an island with limited resources.
We loved the Barcelo's professionally trained Dancers...at 9h45pm 4 nights a week...( mostly at the Solymar ...except for the Tropical show presented outside by the Pool at the Arena''s if you appreciate choreography & quality dancers they are inspiring and amazing talents.
Kids Club is not recommended unless to cool off inside the little house. The animators are ordinary, not interested or organized. It's very hot and easy for kids to get an isolation / sun-stoke, they are under paid over worked and i understand why they do not care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Solymar stands right on the sea front of the top spot of Varadero beach, Cuba's best-known tourist destination. With a privileged setting just a few metres from the city centre, this exclusive resort, surrounded by beautiful gardens, offers a wide variety of services characterised by the excellent Barceló All-Inclusive program. Highly recommended for families, couples and those who enjoy diving and water activities in general. Guests at the Barceló Solymar and Barceló Arenas Blancas hotels can enjoy the facilities at either hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Barcelo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Hotel Solymar
- Barcelo Hotel Varadero
- Barcelo Solymar Cuba
- Barcelo Solymar Hotel Cuba
- Barcelo Solymar Beach Resort
- Barcelo Solymar Varadero Cuba
- Barcelo Sol y Mar