“A Gem”

Coral Beach
Ranked #4 of 50 things to do in Varadero
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: If you travel to Cuba and visit Varadero, the best option we recommend you is snorkel or dive in Beach Coral, we have a group of highly experienced professionals every year we serve more than 2000 clients who had never done the activity. We wait for you on your vacation, you will not regret it I assure you. Snorkeling at Coral Beach or Coral Beach: The snorkeling at Coral Beach or Playa Coral is from the edge of the beach, where there have a depth of less than 1 meter, for beginners we impacted an initiation class where they are taught how to swim and the basics of the equipment . Beginners and inexperienced will have a life jacket, with this all the time they will be on the surface. You will swim approximately 80 meters from the edge until you are on the coral barrier. This activity is from about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Where you can feed the fish with your own hands and even touch them. This excursion if you want this split in 2 Parts. The second part is the Saturn Cave. Saturn Cave: It is a natural swimming pool where fresh water and salt water flows, with formations of stalactites and stalagmites. There is a lake and two galleries where you can find blind shrimp and fish. It has parts where its depth is of 1 meter to 2 meters, as also it has 22 meters of depth in its deepest part but it is so crystalline the water that can be seen to the bottom. You can only do the snorkeling activity as it is very small and deep which is not ideal for diving.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Coral Beach is the most breath taking place I have snorkel. The beach itself is not much to look at, but what lays beneath the waters is amazing. If you like to snorkel, you will love this spot.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I paid 210 cuc for a jeep safari for the purpose of snorkeling and seeing saturno caves. The waves were to rough so instead I got to look at the ocean where I was not snorkeling (there were cute dogs here that looked really hungry so I would have brought treats for them if I had known). After that I didnt go to saturno cave because the water was being tested, and then I skipped a boat trip down a river because of a damn that was being built, to end up at a farm all day where I was joined by farm animals tied up outside that had no water around them and there ribs were sticking out. Luckily I refunded 24cuc!!! totally makes up for it, Thanks sunwing! I was told by the tour guide Ronny I should have checked the weather. So my advise is to check the weather and pay for a cab!!!
I did end up going to playa larga the bay of pigs on the other side of the country to snorkle because the weather was beautiful there. An excellent alternative if your in varadero and the weathers bad!

2  Thank Jodi F
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I loved this adventure, but take money because the all inclusive isn't available. Toilets are stinky and seatless but oh well!

2  Thank Jazzzers
Reviewed 10 May 2014

There is 2 snorkle/ scuba beaches right next to each other .. Hint is to choose the least busiest cause its the same coral reef and just better one on one
Staff was great but I never met a Cuban that wasn't

5  Thank Charles H
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Best snorkelling I have ever done. We went twice and it was wonderful. Next time in Varadero we will be doing it at least three times.

2  Thank Courtney Z