“lots to see”

Coral Beach
Ranked #4 of 50 things to do in Varadero
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: If you travel to Cuba and visit Varadero, the best option we recommend you is snorkel or dive in Beach Coral, we have a group of highly experienced professionals every year we serve more than 2000 clients who had never done the activity. We wait for you on your vacation, you will not regret it I assure you. Snorkeling at Coral Beach or Coral Beach: The snorkeling at Coral Beach or Playa Coral is from the edge of the beach, where there have a depth of less than 1 meter, for beginners we impacted an initiation class where they are taught how to swim and the basics of the equipment . Beginners and inexperienced will have a life jacket, with this all the time they will be on the surface. You will swim approximately 80 meters from the edge until you are on the coral barrier. This activity is from about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Where you can feed the fish with your own hands and even touch them. This excursion if you want this split in 2 Parts. The second part is the Saturn Cave. Saturn Cave: It is a natural swimming pool where fresh water and salt water flows, with formations of stalactites and stalagmites. There is a lake and two galleries where you can find blind shrimp and fish. It has parts where its depth is of 1 meter to 2 meters, as also it has 22 meters of depth in its deepest part but it is so crystalline the water that can be seen to the bottom. You can only do the snorkeling activity as it is very small and deep which is not ideal for diving.
Reviewed 1 September 2014

There are lots of fish and corals to see. Be careful because the area is really shallow or the corals are just really high.

3  Thank Leanne C

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Amazing snorkelling - take about 45 minutes of snorkelling and you see beautiful reef and variety of fish. 10 CUC to get a picture taken which will be delivered to your resort for free. My wife is not an active swimmer and she really enjoyed it. We also went to Saturno Cave with this trip for free which was a bonus.

3  Thank ManitobaManitoba
Reviewed 13 August 2014

very nice place to spend a day at the beach. most of the peopl are local, very few tourists. you can go diving, snokerling or have a nice grilled chicken.

5  Thank 33Deborah2013
Reviewed 12 August 2014

A well worth trip the locals are very helpful and want you to know as much as possible to help you enjoy your stay

1  Thank Janlyn0
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

As an avid snorkeler, I wanted my husband to share the thrill of seeing the beauty of the underwater world. We had arranged our tour with our travel agent, but somehow ended up on a private excursion further down the beach than where the rest of groups snorkeled.
From the second we stepped out of the cab, we were harassed for money, extra clothes and even to leave our personal snorkeling gear. As we prepared to go put, one of the guides (Alfredo) made so so many sexual comments towards me that I was completely offended.
There was a definite abundance of fish to see, which amazed my husband. We were even lucky enough to see a school of Calamari. Unfortunately, we were also swarmed by thousands (no exaggeration) of jellyfish. The guide said not to worry because I naturally panicked. For critters who weren't supposed to sting, they sure gave my husband and I a run for our money (especially the large one that wrapped itself around my mouth and snorkel). We had the blisters to prove it.
We were supposed to see Saturn Cave, but were told it was closed. So, our 5 hour excursion turned into a 3 hour excursion (1 hour travel time).
Although the fish were awesome to see, beware of the land sharks. We found that more frustrating than anything else.

5  Thank Kimberly B