Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
7,106 results
All reviews ocean view a la carte beautiful beach buffet resort tip gardeners jorge servers cubans peninsula
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Once again Paradius reguivates . I was at another complex for 3 miserable days sick. Sunwing sent me to the only place I have stayed 5 times.
The only reason I didn't go there first is there is a premium on solo guests. Even with a discount it was still pricy.
They still are excellent even with cost.
Once again. After Sunwing sent me to Paradius I never got sick. The food was great.
I was put in the Royal outstanding. I was on ground level near the pool close to the spa. Thanks to the massage guys who worked all the stress away.
The room was spectacular and very spacious .I had maid and butler. Service. And they have the best pillows I have laid my head on.
The jacuzzi tub I could get used that. There is an outdoor shower huge walk in closet. Lunch and dinner lobster dinners, wonderful choices of food and beverages.The fridge was stocked and room service available. Perfection.

My drivers drove me to main buffet.in golf carts . They are so kind always a smile on their face.
The gals as always at the customer desks always warm and helpful
Big shout out to Yocelyn and Enrique Lisette Julie Miriela, also look for Michael the Gardner. He so
Wonderful .he shows me the flower garden he tends too. He takes great pride tending to the grounds he just one of many wonderful people you meet.

This trip I learned that reading glasses are in need. So I will be off to get 5 pairs of each strength .
See u soon my friends

Room tip: I have been at Royal service twice I was upgraded once and on second floor and due to bad foot this time I was ground level so I did not have to climb stairs.
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank DelllovesCuba
GeneralManagerPVA, Director General at Paradisus Varadero Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear DelllovesCuba

On behalf of Paradisus Varadero welcome your comments on your stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your holiday in our hotel and hope to see you back soon, perhaps accompanied by other relatives and friends.
We want confirm you, that we want to our customers consider surpassed their expectations while staying with us(Spa, Royal Service, Gardens,.............) .
We will be sure to pass your comments to the staff (because all of them will be honored for their comments and acknowledgments, including Michael and his garden) and thank you very much once again for sharing your good ideas with the rest of our customers.
Best Regards

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was our second holiday in Cuba as a family and we were very happy. The property is beautiful and expanding. I cannot wait to see what it looks like after the expansion. We want to say thank you to all the satff ( from the gardener to the chefs - wait staff ) for an excellent job taking care of us during our stay. There was plenty of different foods and thank you for not having international food. My belief has always been " when in Rome do as the Romans " More cuban food would be great. The beach was fantastic ....a note to travellers -- throw your garbage away so it does not pollute the waters and the beaches -- afterall you are a guest.Excellent weather in June with some rain in the evenings. We hired an old car and guide to visit Havana,that was excellent and educational. I think the best way to visit and know Havana is to stay in Havana for a few days and then stay at the resort for 7 days

I will be sending my mother to Paradisus and we will be coming back.

Thank you for your hospitality ..keep up the good work ..

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank FrancescoCola13
GeneralManagerPVA, Director General at Paradisus Varadero Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Frank C ,
Thank you for your lengthy review and for letting us knows your wonderful comments and we are sure that it will bring smiles and motivation to our staff. We are very grateful for your kind words, suggestions and the time you spent on this review.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Paradisus in the not to distant future.
With kindest regards.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had our honeymoon here in January 2014. Only just doing the review because we were waiting for confirmation for our next vacation here as part of the compensation offered for issues we encountered. We are extremely delighted that the Garden Villa (3912) Royal Service has now been confirmed for our next vacation in May 2015. We very much look forward to returning and meeting you all again next year. And this time I am bringing my sister and her partner too as a birthday treat for her 65th birthday as they really loved the look of the resort.

Regarding the issues.... I had booked the honeymoon over 7 months in advance and was very much looking forward to staying in the Romance Suite Royal Service..... Unfortunately this was not available on our arrival and I was devastated to say the least. We stayed in one room for 2 nights and then moved to a better suite with a lovely sea view. I have to say, the management we dealt with were fantastic... Dario, Lisette and Ruben. Lisette in particular was brilliant. We don't do spa treatments normally, but she persuaded us to try it and it was brilliant. I also went to the hairdressers twice. Marilyn Varela Denis, the Peluquera, did a fantastic job with my hair. The spa really is beautiful and the staff who gave us our treatments were wonderful.

Dario was also very attentive throughout our stay, constantly checking that we were enjoying our stay after such a poor start. He introduced us to the head chef (Genaro), and he too made a point of coming up to us in the various restaurants we eat in to check if everything was okay. I have to say, the best meal we had was in the Italian. Genaro came to the table and asked specifically how my husband wanted his steak cooking etc. and it was the best steak he had during our stay. The only other restaurants we tried were the Bella Mar and the Romantico and enjoyed both. I loved the violinists who played on some evenings in the restaurants whilst you were eating, in particular Frank Lima and Julia Marta, and hope we have the opportunity to see them next year.

I would agree with other reviews about the breakfast selection in Royal service being a bit bland and uninspiring, and some items not being available (spinach seemed to be in short supply, and mushrooms)... However the freshly cooked omelettes were delicious. I mentioned to Genero about the spinach, and hey presto, it was available for the last few days of our stay.

The royal service section is beautiful, and yes it was very quiet when we were there, but that is exactly how we liked it for our honeymoon stay. The pool staff were really good and attentive.

Must mention Datsy (entertainments). She was fantastic. Unfortunately we did not meet her until a couple of days before we were leaving. We never knew about the entertainments programme and all the activities that we could have done. When she showed us the list, it was very extensive... Such a shame that no one had mentioned it earlier. We'll make the most of that during our next visit. Datsy would make a fantastic butler! Wish I could have her attending to us in the garden villa. She is like a breath of fresh air... So willing to help you.

Osvaldo (front desk) always made us smile... He is such a pleasant gentleman.

I was surprised to read on other reviews that people in royal service were having difficulty booking in all the restaurants... We had no issues at all, and I certainly hope when we go next year, we can get in any restaurant, and do hope that none of them are closed.

We eventually did start to enjoy our honeymoon (as Dario had promised) and so much so are delighted to be going back next year to such a beautiful resort. Oh, and by the way Dario, the brown soft leather shoes that David bought from the resort shop haven't fallen apart in the English weather, they are great, he loves them. See you all next year.

Room tip: Rooms 1531 (lovely uninterrupted sea view) and 2431 (side sea view) royal service.
Date of stay: January 2014
1  Thank BrendaJeanJones

Dear Brenda J ,
Thanks a lot for your lovely words,I am very happy to read that you had a great time in our resort, as it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food, outstanding service and elegant facilities,despite the inconviniences you encountered upon arrival with the kind of room you booked.Please accept this review as an apology,I hope you will .
I have shared your comments with Lisset,Ruben,Marylin,and the rest of the staff,and they are very happy to read them,
We all are looking forward to welcoming you again
Best regards

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised. The resort was beautiful and the staff were friendly and extremely helpful when needed. Food was delicious, healthy and organic. It exceeded my expectations. Beach was amazing and the water was marvelous, warm and truly a heaven on earth. After my visit to Cuba, I don't think I will ever go back to either Mexico or Hawaii. Cuba will always be on my vacation priority list from now on.

Room tip: We had an ocean view Junior suite and got to enjoy the sunset each day.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank I P
GeneralManagerPVA, Director General at Paradisus Varadero Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear I P,
We thank you very much for your nice review. We are particularly glad to read about your satisfaction with our service and anticipation of individual needs. It was such a pleasure having you at our "True Paradise" in the best beach of Cuba and knowing that you left happy with this unique experience.
We put a lot of effort to deliver comfort and outstanding service mixed with memorable memories in Cuba and in The Paradisus.
Hope to see you soon again!
Best regards

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our first holiday in Cuba but will definitely not be our last. Upon arrival at the resort we were greeted by the happiest hotel porters we've ever come across who swiftly directed us to main reception. The receptionist checked us in extremely efficiently and gave us a wonderful surprise, they had upgraded us to Royal Service as the main pool was due to be refurbished during our stay. At this point I didn't know what that actually meant (my partner did as she had booked the holiday and was grinning like a Cheshire Cat). After a short golf cart ride to the Royal Service dedicated reception we were assigned a butler who would organise anything we needed at any time, once again the welcome we received was wonderful. Our room was immaculate with a large bathroom and an outdoor shower (brilliant idea). The large and private balcony faced the ocean so if you wished you could lay on the day bed and bask in the tranquility for hours on end.
The coastline next to the Royal Service section is slightly rocky which means it is perfect for you to lie on a sun lounger and admire the ocean or read a book in peace and quiet. The main beach is a short walk through the hotel grounds, the beautiful white sands stretch for miles and the water is crystal clear and very safe as it remains shallow for at least 75 metres from shore.
There are many bars dotted around the hotel and one on the main beach so you are never far away from liquid refreshment, the gardeners will offer fresh coconuts for you to drink (delightful).
Royal Service has its own private pool with bar where the staff are truly amazing, they cannot do enough to make you feel welcome. In fact all the staff that we encountered were wonderful, everyone remembers you and we feel we have made many friends amongst the staff.
We ate in the Royal Service restaurant most evenings which had a different theme each night and the food was great, the portion sizes are smaller than on offer in the UK but are perfect given the hot climate. The restaurant staff are so attentive and never stop smiling which makes the experience even better.
Overall we do not have a single complaint, it was a pleasure to stay here and meet the wonderful people who work here from the gardening staff to management.
We will return as soon as we can afford to!
Lloyd + Oksana

Date of stay: May 2014
2  Thank 302oksanaz

Dear Oksana Z ,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor, it was a pleasure to have you with us in Paradisus Varadero on your first trip to Cuba. It’s great to read how you describe about our property and more importantly that you had an enjoyable stay with us thoroughly.
We sincerely appreciate your taking time to provide your comments and feedback in a such detailed report.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Paradisus next year , and thank you for recommending us!!!!