Our family (5 of us - 2 adults and our 3 children - between 16 and 21) travelled at the end of July - early August 2014. We hAd a wonderful time at Breezes Varadero. The staff were excellent - from the maids to the dining staff (Alexi /Lazirita) and Andy who made our breakfast everyday. Victor the manager was great (we had some dietary restrictions - and Victor made the kitchen staff aware of this) and was always around (even on his day off) and was always asking how our stay was and what if anything he van do. Even the entertainers were great and Yoesiel was great at casino night and karaoke. I was hoping to see him on our last night and did not have a chance to say goodbye.
The rooms were large and clean and we had no issues with bugs or anything of that sort. Even when the severe rains came one afternoon, I heard of peoples room getting wet however the people I spoke to either we're given new rooms immediately or were cleaned to their satisfaction.
Being a fan of seafood - I enjoyed the fish each day, however we had some picky eaters and they were quite satisfied with the food. The Cuban and Italian a la cartes were good as we'll and Vladimir was great and took care of all our needs.
We did the snorkelling with the guys at the beach - Kaller took us out to a spot that these guys know in the ocean where these fishes are and the kids had a blast snorkelling.
We did the Havana tour with Josel Vazquez. He has a website (ilovecuba.webs.com) and I found him on one of the earlier reviews on tripadvisor. The reviews on him were bang on. He is very professional, extremely knowledgeable, speaks English fluently (was an English and History) professor. He also takes professional photographs of you on the trip and provides you with a disk (which has a whole lot more). I would recommend Josel as he took us all over Havana (it was better than the guided tour we had when we went 5 years ago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Los Cactus is a Super-Inclusive Resort for adults -singles and couples 12 years and older , where all meals, wine, local and international beverages, water sports, land sports with equipment and instruction, entertainment and other activities are included in one single price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Los Cactus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Varadero Hotel Varadero
- Breezes Hotel Varadero
- Varadero Breezes Hotel
- Breezes Varadero Cuba
- Superclubs Breezes Varadero Hotel