Hotel Tuxpan Varadero
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Melia Varadero(Varadero)
US$123
HotelsClick
  • Pool
1,952 results
All reviewsla bambaswim up barsecond homesmall resortpiano barlobsternightly entertainmentcoffee barhot dogsbeefgreat beachcleaned dailynight showsweek staybeach chairstucanemilio
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014

returning to the Tuxpan in October for another wonderful 2 week vacation. cannot wait to see all the great staff and experience your wonderful hotel and great service. you guys know how to make a vacation a wonderful experience. thanks for all the wonderful service on our previous vacations see you soon

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Dennis Q
Lliliam, Gerente at Hotel Tuxpan Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear customers, thank you for choosing to spend your holidays pass along your thanks to all the service staff, we invite you to return for your next vacation and be able to give back a good rest in our hotel.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

You hear the saying "listen to your parents", well I did. They have visited Tuxpan several times and convinced me and my wife to go. I'm really glad I listened, the hotel is cozy and you can actually walk to the beach it was that close. The fish lunch at the beach was amazingly cooked by the Chef. The chats with staff and returning clients of the hotel will never be forgotten, especially the "babies" (half shots of rum) started by one of the regulars. I can say that the staff was excellent, caring and always ensuring that you are being well served. Me and my wife will be going again and again is in the next few days. See you soon Tuxpan!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lazaro O
Lliliam, Gerente at Hotel Tuxpan Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for take time to give your good experience about the hotel and the staff, I will give them your compliments. Thank you for choice our Hotel for your next holidays.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

It was about 2 years ago when my husband stayed at this resort. We had never been to Cuba before and were really looking forward to this trip. When we landed in Varadero everything was smooth sailing until we got to the Tuxpan resort . We were rudely greeted at the front desk and given the wrong room . We booked this trip months in advance and had requested a vip suite. When we were taken up to our room and the man opened the door , our jaws dropped. I said to him that we asked for the vip suite , he said this is. ( GULP ) We went the next morning to try and straighten it out , all they said was no more rooms. This was the start to being here for a week. The beds were rock hard, and asked for a bed topper which we got the next day. We didn't go to any ala cartes only ate at the buffet. The food was not very good . I didn't recognize what some things even were. Then we found out that they served pizza and sandwiches at the pool bar , and they were awesome. Long waits at the bar for drinks so bring a bubba cup it helps. One thing we really enjoyed was taking the hop on hop off bus to varadero . We also went to josone park , it really is a very nice place to see . We met some very nice Cuban people while out and about too. Varadero is a very nice place to visit , but the Tuxpan isn't for us

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GS L
Lliliam, Gerente at Hotel Tuxpan Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us to continue working on improving services and fully satisfy our customers during their vacation. Please let us visit again because the hotel could improve those deficiencies you found 2 years ago.
We regret that you did not appreciate cleanliness in the hotel, its gardens and the friendliness of our workers are the highest indicators value our repeat customers.
Our offer is varied, fresh, we offer 24 hours of food and beverages, we have 3 restaurants, 1 buffet and 2 a la carte, 6 Bars, 2 Snack Bar with light meal, where guests can choose to eat and where to do it.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I spent 4 days at the this hotel in January 2014. It was the worst hotel ever that we have been in Varadero. In our last night there, my husband got stubbed with a knife by the bartender at the pool bar. I called for help but the manager of the hotel didnt speak English and ignored to assist. I spend my last night at the Cardenas hospital, praying that my husband will survive from this horrible and terrifying incident. We reported the incident to the police who came to the hotel to investigate and we were assured that the charges will be applied to the attacker. I recently came to know that the attacker is still employed at Tuxpan hotel. wow - you are still employing a criminal to serve to kids, and young women??
dear travelers- we never received any apology by the management staff of this hotel. Everyone was aware of what happened at the night of the incident but was scared to speak up or to offer any help to me and to my husband. I strongly advise all tourists to avoid staying at this hotel and protect their kids and loved one from getting hurt at Tuxpan hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
21  Thank ola v

We really feel sorry that you have made ​​comment of this magnitude when events did not happen that way.
The hotel is responsible and takes care for the safety of all our customers.
You know very well our product and all our workers and you are our repeat guest, will be good to welcome you in another occasion very soon

Reviewed 2 July 2014

End of June I spent one week at Tuxpan hotel and I promised myself not to come back too soon...
The hotel needs renovation, the lobby is quite dark and dimly lit, the restaurant reminded me of an old canteen. Fortunately everything is kept very clean...
Although the food is ok, the variety is very small: the same gilled meat (fish, poultry and spare ribs) and some vegetables for lunch and for dinner. The breakfast is better due to the tasty omelletes cooked on spot and the blue cheese available from time to time.

But not the food is the main problem of the restaurant but the lack of adequate dishes: no soup bowls, no ice cream bowls, only big plates for everything. The same problem occurs in the bars where, except for the lobby bar, drinks are served in small plastic cups.

Drinks are OK for an all inclusive resort: not too strong and not to elaborated...

One of the pools - unfortunately that with the pool bar - was out of order for the whole week, but who cares about the pool when there is the beach...

Animation during the day almost inexistent, in the evenings the shows are good but at 22:30 the resort is dead: no music, no dance , nothing, only the drinking in the bars

Pros of the resort: the beautiful and well kept garden, the frutti bar with delicious fresh fruit juices and a smiling bartender and above all the beach and the amazing view of the blue-green ocean. A special thanks to Alfredo from the pool bar who knows how to mix the best cocktails.

Tuxpan has all the premises to become one of the best hotels in Varadero but a lot of things need urgent improvement... And then also more tourists will come.
So gladly again in Varadero and in Cuba but not at Tuxpan...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cris_mitz
Lliliam, Gerente at Hotel Tuxpan Varadero, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for take time to give your good experience about the hotel and the staff, I will give them your compliments. The hotel have the responsibility to continue to improve the service areas of the hotel, the pool maintenance is necessary for safe and optimum utilization of our customers.he service at the pool and beach areas by house rules is served in plastic dishes to avoid accidents.The hotel continues working on his master plan and to provide better image rehearing and comfort hotel and clients who visit.