We checked in on April 19th 2014 and the receptionist told us right away that we could change rooms in the morning, which we though was a bit odd. We arrived in the room to find a sea of bugs in the bathroom. We couldn't change rooms before the next day, so our stay didn't start on a high note. However, we were upgraded the next day and we had a beautiful ocean view. Minor problems included the fact that the toilet didn't flush properly and that the hair dryer didn't work at all. We were surprised with the buffet as we thought it was actually good for Cuba and the Pina Colada is really good! However, DO NOT go to the Chinese à la carte restaurant, it is one of the worst restaurants I've ever been to and people kept walking out without finishing their meal. The Italian restaurant was quite good.
The resort is located right off the beach with white, fluffy sand and tons of sun chairs. Beware though, the beach was closed for a whole afternoon as a lot of jelly fish washed ashore, some people were stung but the lifeguards knew what to do. The activities are fun and you can go kayaking for free on the Sirenas side. The city centre is a 20 minute walk from the hotel via the beach. We purchased a day-tour to Havana and I definitely recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Inclusive Four Star resort with 651 rooms. Located alongside the beach in Varadero. Hotel complex surrounded by tropical gardens which convey an informal atmosphere. The property excels for its superb entertainment program. Recommended for families traveling with children.Guest Rooms651 rooms: 505 Standard, 63 Standard Ocean View, 10 Standard Superior, 55 Junior Suite, 6 Suite, 12 Family SuiteDining7 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 1 Cafeterias, 8 Bars ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sol Sirenas Coral Hotel Varadero
- Sol Sirenas Coral Resort Varadero
- Sol Sirenas Coral Varadero