“great time, poor service, rooms outdated!”

BelleVue BeachFun4Life Puntarena
Ranked #51 of 64 Hotels in Varadero
st.johns
“great time, poor service, rooms outdated!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

we stayed at the puntarena from april 11 to the 18. the weather was beautiful the entire time there. we stayed on the 2nd floor and the rooms were very outdated and uncomfortable. the smell coming from the oil refinery is horrid. it didn't matter how much we tipped the bartenders it wasn't that great service and some of them didn't speak very good english or any english.
Noel at the main lobby bar was fabulous!! Ishneil was one of the entertainment crew and he was great. very friendly.
I've been to cuba before and was prepared for how bad the food was… but this resort had probably the worst food i have ever experienced. it was terrible!
the beach is beautiful and always lots of space for everyone.
the bartender in the disco makes the best drinks on the resort can't remember his name.
if you stay on the 2nd floor its the loudest! so if you want quiet… do not stay on the 2nd floor.
the nightly entertainment wasn't the best. but on thursday they do a water show and that was awesome. apparently the rooms on the 7th floor are redone and nice.
the swim up bar was very shallow and hardly ever a bartender there.. we used to lean over and make our own drinks.
overall had a great trip but i wouldn't return to this resort again.
mostly all the bars by the pool close at like 4 pm and the only one that remains open is the main lobby bar! when the nightly entertainment plays they open the bar by that only for the time of the show and is closed immediately after show is over.
the buffet by the beach is probably the best you will eat on that resort.
we got sick from the hamburgers.tasted good while we ate them…. but you ran to toilet 2 min later.

Room Tip: ask for the updated room!. 7th floor!
1 Thank sweetcheeks21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was my first trip to Varadero, I have been to Cuba before however this was by far the best trip I had. Met alot of amazing people,good fresh food, drinks were good, access to Caleta was great and beaches were clean, one pool was shut down but the hotel was on top of that instantly and had it drained and cleaned immediately. Staff was very friendly, rooms were kept clean. Access to downtown varadero by the bus was a bonus. This is a resort that has alot of younger people that party and it can cause some loud noise at night. The front desk staff were friendly however when a serious issue arrived they were not on top of that. I am making this my main resort to visit, excellent 4 star hotel for friends and families. I wouldnt suggest this to be a resort to bring children to due to the crazy partying and drinking. However i do recommended it.

1 Thank Sarah J
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were at the Puntarena 8 yrs ago and I have to say it was nice back then...Taught we would go to see how it is now ...We got back yesterday April 18th 2014 ...And to our surprise my gosh it has gone down hill badly ,the elevators have never been repaired at all .. the place is not clean and the service is the pits .Although our room had been redone.. but the balcony doprs did not lock at all some privacy ... The first week we were there there was hardly any food choice at all ,but the second a bit more ..and that's saying something.. ,half the time there was no butter ,no tea or coffee at lunch and supper.. we were just so fet up with chicken ,ham and pork did have beef the last day but it was so damn tuff a person could not eat it.. We were very disappointed as it could be a beautiful place ..oh well there is much more beautiful places in Cuab..But never again at the Puntarena ...Sorry guys clean up your act..

Room Tip: Please read reviews before booking this place.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Varadero hotels

Morell, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Small intimate resort. My Superior ocean view renovated room was great. There were some rooms that had not been renovated in April 2014. I heard people complaining about them. Rooms facing the highway had a lot of road noise. I could hear the TV and voices from adjoining rooms but I had brought my 'noise cancellation' headphones which worked great! Good choice of foods from buffet. Can get very busy at times. Three a la carte restaurants were good. I was surprised at how good the food was as I had heard that food in Cuba was not good. We arrived very hungry at 11pm and I wouldn't recommend going to the snack bar as it was not good at all! Swim up pool bar and other pool were beautiful but not much shade. Beach is great with a good number of huts for shade. Beach lounging chairs were not in good shape but the ones at the pool were great. It was quite windy when we were there so ocean was very wavy.

Room Tip: I had a Superior Ocean View so I didn't have noise from the highway.
1 Thank ABV44
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I give a high review based on the experience and the staff, though the facilities were pretty good for the most part- the rooms were definitely not ideal. I highly recommend the upgrade, the renovated rooms were still a bit homely but better. However with that said for how much time I spent in my room it was just fine. It took us a few days to figure it all out, food is always available but you have to hunt a bit! It is a large resort! I missed breakfast every day though lol because they quit serving it at 10 AM. Staff was great, entertainment could have been better but it was still good and if a quiet relaxing holiday is what you are after you will accomplish it here. Oh I would take toilet paper if i had to do it again though. Was plenty in the room but every where else was a bit hit or miss...

Also- beware of the green eyed cuban O_O. He's so beautiful lol.

Room Tip: ocean side! and if you want to sleep past 10 I highly recommend the far side, away from the recepti...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Hoolagirl16
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Overal i will never go to another hotel In cuba I will be staying here!! This is my favourite! The beach is beautiful friendly people the bartenders are so nice (give people tips)( it makes your trip better if you do) the artwork is fantastic!! But the artist guy is taken lol boohoo! The dj Andy is good he is cute also and the mc is sexy Dano dano ❤️❤️ Lol but I will deffs be back!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Melissatoront
Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We went to this hotel from April 7-14, 2014. This was our third time in Varadero but the first time at this hotel. I was more than impressed with the overall experience. Looking at previous reviews I was skeptical but everyone was helpful and friendly. The kids club was fantastic. Pocahontas and Dakira were so friendly and outgoing with our daughter. I would recommend this place to anyone with kids. The pools were great, beach bar/restaurant was great too. You will not go hungry at this resort, there is always something to eat, you make not like it but food is always there. I will book this hotel again. On a side note; I couldn't believe how many rude, and disrespectful tourists I saw there. Give these kind, happy people a break. They don't have much and don't deserve attitudes from people who take things for granted.

Room Tip: We faced the canal & mountains. It didn't bother me a bit not to see the ocean. I was there...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family