“Repeatable Clients Mama Julietta and Romeo”

BelleVue BeachFun4Life Puntarena
Ranked #50 of 64 Hotels in Varadero
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have been going to Varadero for the pass 10 years and always at the same hotel Playa Caleta . We were there for 2 weeks in April 2014 and this year we stayed at the Puntarena cause we were told Caleta was under renovations but when we got there it was not. That is ok since they have now merged the two hotels together. We enjoyed our stay very much at the Puntarena, our rooms were always cleaned and the staff were excellent I mean excellent .. never had a problem when we go there . We are always treated right and they even spoil us. But this year I found my friends (which I consider them my family) unhappy with the new management, they staff are located at different areas throughout the hotels, meaning when you work at the bar pool for so many years and bang your serving at the buffet some of my family are not very happy with the new management and changes. My friends (family) were always smiling having fun but they were always serving and being courtesy to the people but this year they seemed very very sad. Also, we use to love to go to our Bar Hut on the Playa where Inar was working but they closed it.. whyyyyyyyyyyyy??? this I was very very disappointed. If the new management wants to make changes they need to keep their staff happy also I find this a very important key in success in this world.

I will certainly go back and hope my family (Hetico (my son), Alfredo and Dami, Barbara, Inar, Orlando, Joel, Pedro, Pinto, Rosy, Elena , are still there I miss you all very much.

Elena I hope all is well with you. See you guys in Christmas..

Mama Julietta and Romeo..xoxox

Room Tip: Ocean View is the best
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jue J
There are newer reviews for BelleVue BeachFun4Life Puntarena

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a week . Just came back today and I'm very satisfied . The beach is very clean as well as the hotel the food was amazing ! They never ran out of anything the staff did their best to make your stay enjoyable . It's close to the beach and walking distance from the town with amazing markets . The people are very friendly , Ive been here 3 times and I'll definitely come back .

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Me and my girlfriend just got back today from Puntarena and we both loved it it's my second time returning and the staff is very friendly specially one of the bar tenders and li that works in animation the good we loved and we are planing to return soon 10/10

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank AlejandroPrado
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We visited April 11 - 18 out of Halifax NS, we arrived around 11 am and received our room (3rd floor) immediately as we had upgraded to Superior Ocean view. The room was clean but smelled musty.. Opened the doors and the smell went and everything in the room was satisfactory. We have no complaints about the room or house keeping. The walls are pretty thin but after a long day in the sun it wasn't an issue. We didn't watch the TV as the view from the balcony was amazing..

We arrived in time for lunch and we went to the beach grill, the food was OK at best.. They had pork and rice.. That was the best meal we had all week with the exception of a meal at the Asian A la Carte. There was never any ham or bacon at breakfast, egg station didn't work so the eggs weren't cooked properly. That didn't matter much because I didn't want an omelette with cut up hotdogs. Hotdogs were in plenty supply for each and every meal as well. Good thing for the hotdog lovers. There was always bread, sometimes it wasn't cooked fully through but when it was it was really great. Lunch was the best meal in my opinion. I was disappointed that coffee wasn't always available and that sometimes orange juice wasn't available. The staff worked hard for the guests though..

there is a bar close to the buffet that ran out of coffee, milk and BEER all week. 5 of our 7 days these things were not available by 6 pm. there were no slushy drinks which weren't a problem for us but a lot of people were bothered by this. The swim up bar was closed all week as well. Not an issue for us but we don't use the pool.

We went to a few shows at night, they weren't bad.. The dancers were good. They open a bar close to the show in the evening.. Bring a bubba mug for your drinks because the small plastic cups don't hold much.

There seems to be a cab scam going on with the security guard and the front desk. They call old cars with an opening rate of 10 CUC to go to Al's House. We chose to walk.

The biggest issue with this resort and it's lack of resources and non working stations is the beach being filthy.. This is not the fault of the resort, they have garbage cans on several different spots on the beach.. the sand is littered with cups, straws, cigarette butts and coconut husks from coconut drinks. The staff couldn't keep up on this if they stayed there all day. Bring a bubba mug for your drinks, if you smoke use a plastic cup with sand as an ashtray and don't be a pig. Throw your garbage out. This beach has tons of shade for everyone, the sand is soft and the water is deep after 2 steps. This wouldn't be a beach I would take a young child to. But the waves are big and fun.. Walking on the soft sand is a work out.. Other than the garbage this beach is stunning. There are small shells in the sand as well.

If this resort fixed the running out of beer and food issues I would return in a heart beat. I found the staff lovely and the view from our room amazing! I didn't even need to use the AC with the door open.

I complained when we returned to Air Transat of the condition of the buffet and beverages and was offered $100 voucher as compensation. I wasn't overly thrilled at this but it at least acknowledged that there were issues that need improvement.

Room Tip: Pay for the ocean view, superior rooms are $10 more and they are upgraded, if this is important to y...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Loreen S
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Two friends and I when to Hotel Puntarena from Mai 25th to June 1st 2014.
The hotel was almost empty since it is the low season but this doesnt change anything for our vacations. We had an amazing time there! People were so nice and always tried to gave us the best vacations. Entertainement is amazing even if we were only few people on the site.
The chef of entertainment was the best! They even organise a party at the best on Saturday!
One of our friend was older than us so she enjoy a little bit of peace at the hotel and on the other side me and my other friend went out on the clubs.

Food was very good even if it is Cuba and usually it is hard to find something good!
Beach is very nice and beautifull! We had our chair every morning.. in the afternoon the pool was pretty good!

We loved the dancer which performed an amazing show every evening.

Ohh and because of the number of person on site they decided to not open the a la carte restaurant. One of use decided to ask if we can go one night and they openned the restaurant just for us! Its was a really nice night and we bought a bootle of wine for 10 persos!

Thank you Puntarena for these amazing vacation and again thank you the the chef entertainement which was always there to be sure we were having fun and enjoyed every minutes!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Pros: Small enough 250 to enjoy the beach and get chairs, everyone knows your name. Great staff, atmosphere and nice. Cons, the pool bar and lobby close at 6 p.m. so there is only one bar open upstairs but everyone goes for social time. The food is sufficient, the rooms need a little work but clean and they are doing the best they can. The beaches are the best in Varadero no matter where you go. I like this resort as you are close to Varadero, you can walk, bus or taxi, the Beatles bar, the Catarman and Jeep Safari are well worth the money. If you want the beach, a nice safe and friendly atmosphere, you can always find something to eat, you can relax or go downtown, this is a good place for the money. A week is perfect.

Room Tip: Rooms face the beach or canal. The views are good on either side. I did get an oil odor from canal...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kayebars
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We went at end of April 2014. The staff was helpful. The excursions were well planned out and excellent adventures. Try the Snorkelling and Saturn Cave excursion. The rooms weren't anything to write home about, but the views are great if you get the right room. We had pool side. We could see the ocean on one side and the canal on the other. I heard the ocean side was amazing as well. If you go to bed early, you won't like the pool side. There is nightly entertainment at 9:00 so it will annoy you, unless you just decide to go join the fun yourself. Drinks were always available. Try their Spanish coffee in the morning at the bar near the front desk and the pina colada at the pool bar! The food at the buffet was not bad. We liked the omeletes in the morning and they do excellent chicken legs. Other than that, it wasn't anything amazing. The beach is not protected by a reef so the sand is rougher, but if you travel down the coast a few miles there is powderlike sand. For the price it was an excellent deal!

Room Tip: Pool side is noisy at night, but still can see ocean. Oceanside you can see the sun set from your ro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple