“Wow, a big smile”

Dining options: Reservations
Curacao
“Wow, a big smile”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Much to our surprise the owner welcomed us with a big smile. I think this was the first time he did, although we have eaten here lots of time in the past. I hope he will do this more often.
My daughter and I went for dinner on a Monday night. It was crowded, but the service was good. Mostly we order the same appetizers, i.e. seaweed salad and the delicious crab salade. The sushi was good and the tempura cheesecake excellent.
This sushi restaurant is a bit expensive.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Ateliertby

Miami
“Inconstant Quality, Obnoxious Owner”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I gave the place 2 stars because the staff service is good, and the sushi bar staff is good.
However when the manager/owner pretends to be a sushi chef and goes behind the bar, the quality of the sushi is so so. When given an input on the quality, by someone who lived 4 years in Japan, he becomes obnoxious and rude; not the attitude you’d expect from a restaurateur! Perhaps he should stay in the back doing the books and let a customer-oriented person run the place!

• Visited August 2013
6 Thank Candidcall
Meadville, Pennsylvania
“Late Staff”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We were super excited to get some sushi on our trip. Unfortunately, they close the doors between 2-5pm. Being from the United States we were not used to this. We walked around the promenade shops and were not impressed. It seemed like none of the employees wanted to be there. We meandered around until 5pm at which point we walked in the restaurant and no one was there. We waited for 15 minutes until the turned the lights on. Extremely unprofessional, slow service, decent sushi but nothing special.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank TravisPalmer
Curacao
“Never again”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I used to frequently visit Craving Sushi, however the restaurant has gone down terribly. The sushi we ordered was cold and tasteless and appeared to come right out of the freezer.Waiters were not very friendly, offered very slow service and made mistakes. Which is ok to me if they apologize, which they did not.

To top it off, I like to have a cold beer and found out that the restaurant is only offering expensive international beer instead of the 'local' Amstel and Polar.

I will never go back to this restaurant, also because they did not respond to my e-mailed complaint, and will go to Chop Stix Sushi. This restaurant is located on the Santa Rosaweg and offers delicious sushi and good service.

• Visited June 2013
5 Thank Margret S
Kralendijk, Bonaire
“Good sushi and a good varied menu !”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I love this place, the sushi is very good and we also tried the yakitori and it was very good. Nice atmosphere. And good service we when we ordered something we did not have to wait long. Everytime we go to Curacao we go to craving for sushi.

• Visited September 2012