“Ostrich Burger”

Half Day Hato Caves and Ostrich Farm Tour from Willemstad
Ranked #23 of 147 Tours in Curacao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Curacao Ostrich Farm is one of the biggest breeding farms outside Africa which offers you the change of a lifetime to come and watch, feed or ride these fascinating birds. At the Curacao Ostrich Farm there is an exciting safari trip by truck leaving every whole hour.Also, come to our restaurant Zambezi where you'll dine in true African style. Enjoy our ostrich specialties or other real South-African dishes in a relaxed ambience or have a drink beside the nightly campfire. Discover the rough north side of curaçao on a quad! 90 minutes of fun guaranteed on a quad you follow a local island guide, in caravan style',cross thourgh the nature of the north side, from the indian cave at sint joris bay to book pistol. Leaving the farm you immediately go off road through a desert like area, passing st. Joris, and bringing you further into the rough road.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It was amazing to see all the ostriches strutting on the compound. What I liked about the compound is that they practiced environmentally sound waste management. They incorporated pigs, sheep and crocodiles (yes crocs) in order to deal with unused parts of the bird and organic waste.

The tours can be in the language of your choice. So make sure that the tour operators know what language you speak. Try to book the tour with persons who speak you language. Many of the citizens are quadralingual!!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Alejandro (forgive me if I got the name wrong) was amazing!! He was so detailed, knowledgeable and gave us 150%! Although I was with 2 friends, he didn't rush through the tour because he had 3 people instead of 20. In addition to all the interesting information, he got the male ostrich to do his exquisitely beautiful warning dance to hinder other male ostriches from stealing his girlfriends (lol) Feeding the ostriches was unforgettable and thrilling. Seeing the babies and being so up close with these fabulous birds was just perfect!! You NEED to do this!! I look forward to this safari again in the near future!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Every thing was just fine and perfect, since front desk up to farm guide. The guider showed a huge commitment with his job and respect with customers and animals. Excepting during my lunch when I was charged by a meal that I had not ordered, even explaining to the manager in charge (Quite arrogant) that the waitress had a very poor english and probably did not understood me. Ok! As I was on vacation and I was not willing to go through any conflict during my sacred holidays I paid the additional 30 US bucks. I hope my 30 bucks really makes difference to the farm.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Alexander took us on a nice tour, explained to us a lot about ostrich birth, growth, behavior and it was fun to feed the juvenile ostriches and stand on the egg! $45 US for three of us, one child. We did not try Zambezi the restaurant as my daughter couldn't bear to eat ostrich after seeing the animals running about during the tour, but it is supposed to be quite good.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

you have to call ahead but ride the Ostrich, it is a fun experience and well worth the photos. Also be sure to try the ostrich steak at the restaurant and the pumpkin soup it is all soo good!! that and the mango drinks!!