“Go where 99.999999999% will never go!”
Review of Substation Curacao

Substation Curacao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover the Unknown Depths - Become one of our Deep Sea Explorers! The Curasub is a specifically designed 5-person submarine, equipped with the latest tech & highest safety protocols. Providing you an experience of a lifetime!! Be part of this unique expedition and learn about the species discovered and see with your own eyes what very few have seen. Join us for a Bucketlist Experience into the Twilight Zone of the Caribbean Sea!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This is the ONLY place in the world you can have this experience. We surprised our daughter while at Curaçao during a cruise. It was a most memorable experience. I can't say enough about the kindness of the staff. We felt genuinely special and even spent time talking with the owner of the acquarium. Be aware, this is a small, tight space and you are in it for 90 min. If you are large in size, or claustrophobic... Keep this in mind. Go, enjoy and do something few people in the world will ever do.

2  Thank Dmctimm
There are newer reviews for Substation Curacao

Reviewed 28 August 2012

This trip is not cheap, but if you are able to swing the cost, it is well worth it. Descending into the depths of the ocean (OK, 500 feet below, but still much further than I've ever been before) was an incredible experience. At times I felt like I was on a different planet. This allows you to go to depths unreachable through snorkeling or scuba diving, so if you are curious about the ocean, this is a great way to experience it. Everyone in the operation was professional, courteous, and extremely knowledgeable. Our guides, Barbara and Tico, knew the answer to every question we had and let us know all about the different types of aquatic life we were seeing. The sub is pretty compact, but we were comfortable enough for the 1.5 hours of our trip (although I think my boyfriend and I were both ready to stand up and stretch at the end).

Overall, this was an amazing experience and I highly recommend Substation Curacao!

2  Thank Briarvista
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I won the trip as part of the KLM Sweepstakes "Win a VIP trip to Substation Curaçao" for me and a friend and it was too good to be true!!! The experience itself was a memory that will stay with me for the rest of my life. We were very fortunate to join the small circle of people that have experienced this. I felt like a true explorer, because it was the real possibility that we could discover a new specious or something like that. The team was very helpful, nice, experienced and knowledgable which made the trip even more unique. I made a little video about our trip to Curacao and our Substation adventure, have a look if you are interested ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq-j1ZhLunw
Once again a special thanks to the Substation team for everything they have done for us and this unforgettable memory!
Till

1  Thank Tillbierwirth
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I really enjoyed the sub ride! I never thought that I'd ever be able to see what I was on the ride to the depths (540 ft) that we sent down to! Bruce kept everything light but I knew that if anything did go wrong on our trip down that it was quite possibly life-threatening. I was quite surprised at how Bruce could maneuver the sub and because of that I able to get some spectacular shots of fish and plants that I never would have seen in my lifetime had I not been in the sub. It felt like I was in a helicopter under the water. I never felt a thing, only a slight popping in my ears on the way back up to the surface. I will treasure this trip in the sub for the rest of my life!

The whole experience was quite the adventure for me and it was made possible because of the whole great team that you have at the substation.

1  Thank Hildegarde J
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This was by far the best experience I've ever had on a Caribbean island! What a wonderful way to see the ocean and its inhabitants. Very knowledgeable staff lead you on a spectacular trip down further than any diver can go where you encounter beautiful fish, corals and sponges. So unique, this is truly an adventure of a lifetime!! Worth making a trip to Curacao just for this opportunity.

2  Thank MinkeMysticeti