“Average food meets bad service”

Plein Cafe Wilhelmina
Ranked #3 of 14 Dessert in Willemstad
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014

After having visited this location two times, I think I can provide a well-funded opinion.
Service: staff is unattentive, rude (from being unable to provide seating for a small group of 4 people, to hesitating in providing small alterations to meals due to dietary requirements)
Menu offers: meat lovers will have a big choice, vegetarians and vegans will have a very hard time here, so do people with special dietary needs (e.g. lactose intolerance)
Food value and quality: both times I went there I order the exact same dish, consistency in quality and taste was non-existing, which would be no problem if the food would still taste good, which it didn't during the second visit. I ordered a pasta dish. My fellow companions had mixed feelings, from average taste to dry chicken meat. Portions are big, but asking more money for a simple pasta dish than for a plate of meat is unacceptable in my opinion.
Atmosphere: The location very central in Punda creates a nice ambience. Always a crowded area during dinner time.
After all I would not recommend this place and am not planning to return.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This bar is located on a nice and very cozy square. The snacks were OK and the cocktails were good (and luckily they did know what a “BBC” was).
Unfortunately not all the staff was friendly, There was even so much difference between the members of the staff that we really tried to choose who we claimed so that our stay was not spoiled.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Food is simple and good. Service is good. Location in Punda is excellent. Prices are reasonable for an attractive place in the midst of the tourist area.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Sidewalk restaurant, very informal. Good menu options. The food was tasty and of good quality. Service was slow and tough to get the waitress to come back after you are served.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I eat lunch here pretty regularly and often I run into the issue that even though I order a full meal I cannot have tap water because I need to buy a drink first. My main issues with that are: 1) it's an average of 30 degrees here everyday and water is better for you than anything else in this heat. 2) there is very, very limited recycling on Curacao so if I order water I'm adding to a bigger problem. 3) it's just rude. The food is pretty decent, I like that salads, which I happily pay 15nafl for. The staff can be snotty about the water thing so that's a bummer.

2  Thank E O