“Delicious food, excellent service”
Review of The Wine Cellar

The Wine Cellar
Ranked #1 of 315 Restaurants in Willemstad
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2015

This is a great restaurant. We were in a bind as our other dinner arrangements fell through. We stopped in to see if they could seat us without a reservation, and they seated us immediately (granted, we were there during the slow season at a fairly early dinner time).

All of the food was amazing. The wait staff was extremely attentive, including the owners. They exhibited excellent hospitality throughout our meal.

This is a high-end restaurant, so be prepared for a fairly hefty check. But the food was well worth it. Also, we brought my 6-year-old twins and they made them a small plate of their choice from the menu. This was excellent since my kids don't tend to like typical "kids menu" choices. With the kids present, we were not able to make this a multi-course meal, but the entire staff was amazing despite our relatively small tab.

The only negative that I would mention is that the wine was prohibitively expensive. Given this restaurant's name and reputation for wine, we were going to share a bottle for the table. But the prices on wine were so exorbitant that it would have cost as much for one bottle as for the rest of the meal, so we passed. I'm sure each of the wines was excellent - and since I saw many open bottles they likely sold them by the glass as well, but this was not noted on the menu and after a long day I just didn't bother.

Overall, highly recommended choice in Williamstad.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,410)

Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Recommended by friends we arrived at 7pm. Nice air conditioning, nice decoration, very good service.

Good selection of wines but I expected more.

Food was very good. We ate one excellent rack of lamb and one beef rib cut.

Recomended without any doubt.

2  Thank Carlos U
Reviewed 8 August 2015

5 Star +++++ Restaurant! The family owned restaurant was exceptional from the minute we were seated, which was immediately, the attention to detail was amazing. Service, food and wine, (of course) was superior. PLEASE do not miss this gem!

1  Thank jea2316
Reviewed 3 August 2015

We just returned from dinner at the Wine Cellar. What a magnificent restaurant! We are in Curaçao on vacation for a week. Our experiences in the restaurants have been fair to poor- mostly with very poor service. The staff at these restaurants are not trained and have no clue on how to treat their clients. The Wine Cellar has it all pulled together. The staff knows what they're doing. The food is sublime. The owner and son are very nice. They believe that old fashion ways work- with the food and service. I was so impressed with the Wine Gallery that I had to meet the owner. I also made another reservation for later this week. You must have a reservation because the restaurant is small. Make sure to put this on your list. You won't be sorry.

2  Thank Sherrie R
Reviewed 2 August 2015

We went to this restaurant to celebrate a special day and only knowing that it is rank #1 in Curaçao!
By the end of our meal, we totally understood why it has that rank. My dish (florida grouper with mango sause) was DIVINE!! The staff is very well trained and ready to help. The owner is also very friendly and came to greet us and check if we were enjoying our meal. The place is very well presented and it's not as pricey as I was expecting.

1  Thank Rita D