Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino
US$193
  • Pool
US$233
US$990
Scuba Lodge & Suites(Willemstad)
US$119
Travelocity
US$262
US$216
Cancelon
1,952 results
All reviewsman made beachinfinity beachnautilus restaurantfake beachblue barinterior roomsalt watercruise shipall inclusive packageocean viewfresh water poolfloating bridgeparking garageconference roombusiness centerfourth flooracross the bridge
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was a wonderful hotel. As I read the reviews of the two Marriott hotels in Curacao I chose this Marriott because of its relationship to the city for shopping and restaurants. (As a side note my wife and I did visit the other Marriott and it was wonderful also just a bit secluded from food and shopping.) We found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Housekeeping staff were very efficient. The pool area was unique in that it was an ocean beach design with a larger pool using pumped in ocean water and a small fresh water pool. We like the fact that it had plenty of shade, more than the other Marriott. Some reviews commented on the lack of pool area service which I agree with. What I found was that they were more than happy to provide service they just didn’t work the crowd as you might expect. One of the down sides were the message therapists. I watched them do message from my balcony and noticed they kept checking and answering text’s. Most the time they would rub with one hand and text with the other but in one case a therapist sat on the other table texting leaving the client just laying there.

A novel oddity is that in the lobby of the hotel there are three elevator doors but only two on the other floors. There is not a working elevator behind the middle door, it’s just a door.
We found access to/from the hotel limited. For instance if we ate at the pool side grill we couldn’t get down to the street from the pool, although there were stairs from the pool deck to the sidewalk through the fort. The door downstairs was always locked, forcing us back to the hotel, down to the lobby and the front door.

The restaurants in the area for the most part are good but nothing very unique or to rave about. The shopping is just what you see on all the Caribbean islands. We expected some Dutch influence. The floating bridge across the canal opens for ships which is a great pastime. We thoroughly enjoyed watching the shipping traffic from the hotel. There is a light and flag on top of the bridge operators housing that tells you how long the bridge will be closed/channel open. When it is open for longer periods there is a ferry down the channel about 100 yards.
We spent 7 days and had a wonderful time however we found 7 days too long and ran out of things to do since we were unable to scuba dive.

Room Tip: There are a few inside rooms that look into a convention area. You do not want these. The best rooms are the ocean view and worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mirgons
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The hotel is in an excellent location...shopping all around, eateries and Starbucks! Because of the great location, one can walk everywhere...to the Queen Anne Pontoon bridge, Kura Hulunda, crossing from Otrabanda to Punda....so much to do, see and buy---all on foot!! The best part, which we discovered 2 nights before our departure, was that the restaurant on the beach at the hotel had excellent food...Sharrat, the Chef----OMg!!!!!! We have decided to make Curacao an annual vacation....we loved it that much!!! The two infinity pools were awesome...

Room Tip: Ocean view room with balcony highly recommended. The only negative, the towels in the guestrooms are, shall we say, a wonderful exfolliant......the least luxurious towels...I expected better from the Renaissance/Marriott.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PMLove
Reviewed 12 July 2012

After reading a series of reviews I just returned from a week in Curacao where I stayed at the Renaissance. Thank you to the reviewer who insisted that one eat at the Bistro Le Clochard, it was all that! (more on the Bistro later). The Renaissance is an attractive, modern resort located steps from a historic Fort and walking distance from many interesting sites. ( amazing museum displaying the history of slavery, floating bridge, Punda District etc.) As many have opined, there is no idylic beach attached to the resort. There is an amazing infinity man made salt water pool with an attached beach. The traditional Carribbean beaches are away from the center of town reachable by car, taxi or a bus and a walk. One must choose; a hotel in town with sights and activities or a beach front hotel with amazing swimming requiring cabs or driving to restaurants and tour sites. Curacao has an amazingly cultural diversity and it makes sense to remain open to the richness of the Island. Some have described the neighborhoods as scary or unsafe, in fact they are neighborhoods with people who work and play and enjoy life. Use common sense just as you would anywhere else in the world and you will be safe. The staff at the Renaissance were amazing . Nicola ran the front desk with charm, while sharing great information and creating a welcoming atmosphere. Do get an upgrade to an upper floor (ask for the fourth floor) Ocean View room. It's worth the extra $40 per night. Indira was a great hostess in the main restaurant on the first floor. While in Curaco I had an unexpected emergency and managers Freddy and Martesano were extremely helpful and all was soon well. The staff responds to polite curteous interactions. As do most persons, they probably don't respond well to demanding and rude customers. The bed was so relaxing, slept in twice during my week long trip.

Rif Fort - Located 200 feet from the resort-Here you will find; cafes, night spots, restaurants, shopping, groceries, sundries and outdoor jam sessions and concerts. Very cool. Directly outside of the Fort you have downtown Willemsted with a ferry or short walk across the bridge to Punda (shopping, dockside dining). There are a few cool spots on the Fort side as well including the Hura Kulanda Museum (World Heritage site)

Bistro Le Clouchard - This place is an incredible French Swiss charmer located in the Fort situated on the water serving fine cuisine. The house has been expertly run by Monsieur Silvio for 34 years and Brenda serves and recommends with skill and expertise. Chef Piet creates magic in the kitchen! If you go, please try Le Potence, it is a meat lovers delight with a cool table presentation. The General Manager Ghislain is helpful and enjoys the journey of hungry tourists. The staff provide unexpected treats as part of the dining experience which makes for a memorable evening. Curacao rocks. Can't wait to return so that I can explore more of the Island and return to the Bistro. I will definitely stay at the Renaissance when I return.

Room Tip: Go for the upper floors.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank gowanus
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed at the Renaissance the week of June 26. Upon my arrival I was upgraded to an Ocean View room. The hotel was beautiful; the location second to none with plenty of shops, close to the swinging bridge, casino in the hotel and the infinity pool was breath taking. I was traveling solo and had the time of my life, people very friendly and helpful. The staff was beyond excellent. Will definitely go back!
I stayed at the Renaissance the week of June 26 to July 3, 2012. Upon my arrival I was upgraded to an Ocean View room, I wish I could have spent more time in the room (it was so elegant, especially with the balcony) but wanted to enjoy the island. If only I could have taken the bed home with me.
The hotel was absolutely beautiful; I was extremely impressed with the manmade beach, the infinity pool was breath taking. The location was second to none with plenty of shops, close to the swinging bridge, and a casino in the hotel. I was traveling solo and had the time of my life; I felt very safe and moved about the island freely. Enjoyed lounging in the Rif Fort (don't miss this attraction). The island people were very friendly and helpful.
A Starbucks was in the complex and I went there every morning for coffee and fruit and to just observe the island people as they moved about in their various activities. The staff was beyond excellent. The food in the hotel was very good, however, I did not do the all-inclusive and I'm glad I didn't because I wanted to try other island restaurants. Make sure you meet Alexis the doorman. Will definitely go back!

Room Tip: An ocean view
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Shonufsaved
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We just left this resort. Our room was clean and spacious. The staff was helpful and attentive. The breakfast Buffett was the best deal with champagne! The rif fort next door has a coffe place with a killer lunch sandwiches. For dinner, cross the bridge in town for evening music, ocean dining, etc. great lobby wifi and media center,workout facility. Overall, the drinks are the only $ downside. Go to the local market for some side beverages. Did I mention the cool shopping next door.

Room Tip: You must do the ATV tour with schoolboy, dive the mushroom, jump off the cliff, have the lobster dinner on Tuesday at Marriott emerald casino.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family