For our first trip to Curaçao, we stayed at this hotel and chose the all inclusive option. Food and drink is fairly expensive, so the AI is the way to go. The hotel is located in the prettiest part of Wilemstad, just across from the Punda-that very famous row of multicolored buildings. There remains much of the forts that were once the guardians of this busy natural harbor for walking, shopping, and people-watching. We also rented a car for a couple of days and were able to explore the rest of this beautiful island... the wild and wonderful east coast and the lush picturesque beaches along the west coast. Driving is much the same as in the USA, and you can rent right on the hotel premises. The people of Curaçao are very warm and friendly, and seem to like Americans. Most prices are quoted in NAF and Dollars, and change is usually given in Dollars. The floating pedestrian bridge was fun and like nothing we've ever seen!
The food and drink options at this hotel are varied and very good. One of the restaurants was buffet. Service was very good, however, we did not realize until the last day that the staff apparently expect tips in addition to the 15% service charge on each ticket we signed. There was a subtle but noticeable difference from the servers, once they realized we did not tip in the first days - not a big deal, but noticeable.
Housekeeping did an outstanding job with our room and the public areas, however the lobby upholstery and carpet were beginning to show some wear. The casino was a nice but sometimes noisy distraction. We had an oceanfront room with balcony on the third floor. There was free Wi-Fi in 2nd floor coffee/lunch shop and in the spacious lobby. In room Wi-Fi was available at an extra charge.
The absolutely best part of the hotel was the huge and very unique man made beach with salt water and sandy bottom infinity pool. There was also a fresh water infinity pool and plenty of lounge chairs and beach towels. ...and the Infinity Bar and Grill with Bianca as beach waitress, who took good care of us.
The only disappointment was when a huge cruise ship would park in front of the hotel and block the ocean views and those beautiful sunsets! There was a ship parked there almost every evening.
There was a good mix of people staying at the hotel- from North and South Americas as well as Europe. There were families with all ages of children, honeymooners, and retirees.
We count this as one of our most pleasant vacations in the Caribbean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Curacao's capital city of Willemstad, in the heart of the Dutch Caribbean, the Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino offers experiences and activities for any traveler seeking the ambiance of authentic Caribbean charm combined with European sophistication. Featuring a private beach club, this Curacao resort is built around the historic setting of the Rif Fort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Renaissance Curacao Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino Willemstad