Just got back to Maine from our first trip to Curacao and The Renaissance. Likes (in no order): 1. Convenient location with shopping, restaurants and bars all within walking distance. No need to rent a car unless you want to explore the island. 2. Large, nicely decorated rooms with whisper quiet air-conditioning. In fact, I didn't hear any sounds at night, a first at any hotel for me. 3. I usually want to stay on the beach and was concerned about the man-made beach pool here but it's one of the best amenities at any hotel I've visited. Go out the rear door of the hotel and you're right on the private beach with plenty of shade, loungers and your own beach bar & al fresco restaurant. The "pool" is more like an ocean lagoon with a nice sandy bottom and salt water. We loved swimming to the infinity edge of the pool and watching the ships going into the harbor channel. I would return to this hotel for the beach-pool alone. 4. Not really an All-Inclusive Hotel but has the option and it worked out well. I recommend it, as long as you don't mind taking your meals at the limited available restaurants. 5. Excellent breakfast & lunch buffet, even for the health-conscious eater. 6. Excellent gym. 7.Very friendly and helpful staff. The hostess at the main Nautilus Restaurant remembered my name after the first day. 8.The casino is right in the lobby so the gamblers often went from the beach to the casino and back to the beach very easily. Dislikes: 1. The smoke from the casino permeates the lobby and almost to the second floor. Keep those lobby doors closed and let them go through the casino door, Renaissance! 2.The All-Inclusive option is great for breakfast, lunch & drinks but only 3 restaurant options for dinner (we went off campus twice). 3. The Nautilus outdoor terrace is plain & open to the many cruise-shippers walking by. Put a low wall and some plants around it, Renaissance! 4.The food service at the beach bar is slow so allow for it. Bottomline: We loved this hotel and would go back to The Renaissance Curacao in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Curacao's capital city of Willemstad, in the heart of the Dutch Caribbean, the Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino offers experiences and activities for any traveler seeking the ambiance of authentic Caribbean charm combined with European sophistication. Featuring a private beach club, this Curacao resort is built around the historic setting of the Rif Fort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Renaissance Curacao Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino Willemstad