We stayed at the Renaissance Curacao for 12 nights in Oct 2013 to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
While the room we initially booked was nice and acceptable for the price, we worked with a front desk manager to upgrade (not for free, but for a very fair price) to a very nice suite, which I recommend if you want to have a little room to stretch out.
One of the highlights of the hotel is a beach-like infinity pool. It's on the second floor of the hotel overlooking the ocean. The area in front of the "pool" is sand, and the bottom of the pool is sand, and the water is heated ocean water. And the view is over the ocean, so with the infinity style you can really feel like you're at the beach despite that part of the island's ocean really being for boat traffic (commercial and cruise.)
Hotel restaurant is OK and buffet breakfast is acceptable but overpriced.
Great location with its own shops and just about a 2-3 minute walk to the Queen Emma Bridge. (It's on the Otrabanda side, not the Punda side.)
Starbucks on 2nd floor is big and nice, with good and free WiFi.
But the main highlight for me was the staff. Every single staff member was friendly, polite, and helpful. There was never a question (other than "can you pick us up at the airport?") where the answer was no. And people even remembered our names and greeted us by name when we walked in, something I've only experienced before at the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok.
I recommend calling the hotel directly to try to work out a decent deal. Although they actually have good deals on their web site, working directly with the reservations dept at the hotel can get you a slightly better deal, such as including the breakfast buffet for a price lower than it would otherwise be.
The casino is small but good enough, with quite a few slot machines and table games including roulette, blackjack, and 3-card poker. (Blackjack rules require dealer to hit soft 17 which is bad for the player.)
Would gladly return to this hotel...as much because of the people as anything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Curacao's capital city of Willemstad, in the heart of the Dutch Caribbean, the Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino offers experiences and activities for any traveler seeking the ambiance of authentic Caribbean charm combined with European sophistication. Featuring a private beach club, this Curacao resort is built around the historic setting of the Rif Fort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Renaissance Curacao Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino Willemstad