“I love this Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Aruba
“I love this Hotel”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My 3th or 4th stay at this Hotel, I simply love it, this time a was there with my family, I love the the special attention that they gave to the guest upon arrival, a nice cool bottle of water, the bell boy escort you to the room, and than show you everything in the room and how they function(nice touch), the Hotel is clean and well maintain.
we enjoy the infinity pool and the cocktails.
Entertainment was just what we like, listen to a good band playing,while having Dinner.
looking forward to my next visit in December 2013

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 57Anastasia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Lighthouse Point
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is our 2nd stay at this hotel. First time was 2 years ago. The staff is exceptional. The hotel could use a little TLC. The pools are excellent. Great place to come if you want to relax. First day buffet breakfast (25.00 per person) was terrible. So many people complained that everything was empty on the buffet, finally a manger showed up and things got much better. The one thing we couldnt understand is that an automatic 15% service charge plus tax was added on to EVERY check, yet the staff said they get no part of that charge, and we still had to tip. Sounds like double dipping to me. There is absolutely no water pressure in the showers, so be prepared to have flat hair!! Free wifi in the lobby and Starbucks.

Room Tip: Try to get a 4th floor room, ocean view with a balcony. We had a third floor room, ocean view excep...
3 Thank LHP
Treasure Island
Reviewed 23 October 2013

From check in to departure this hotel was excellent. Geraldine Lai helped me with my reservation and she was extremely friendly and set the tone for the whole stay. While I was checking in the manager, Freddy Castillo came over and introduced himself, which was also a nice touch. It is obvious that everyone who works at the hotel wants the guest experience to be a great one. I can't say enough how nice it is to be greeted with a smile ALL THE TIME. The bartenders by the pool were excellent and more than willing to offer suggestions on where to go and what to see. The pool is awesome, it really is...must be experienced to fully appreciate it. I stayed on the 2nd floor (209) across from the Starbucks, which I think is the ideal location, easy access to pool (which is on 2nd floor) and morning coffee, although you are sacrificing on the view...so maybe pick room 409.
Casino is a real casino, not a rinky dink one.
Bartender at casino bar was a lot of fun too.
there is plenty to do within walking distance to the hotel and there is a convenient free parking garage as well.
Funny, as I write this more things pop into my head...Housekeeping, she was excellent and efficient, and funny....bonus.
I really think the attitude of the staff is really what sets this hotel apart from many others, always a smile when I walked in from whoever was working the front desk.
Breakfast buffett was in the $25 range, but they have EVERYTHING...go hungry. I only had it once, but I am glad I did.
The perfect Curacao trip for me would consist of at least one or 2 nights at this hotel for the city part of my stay on the island.
Enjoy Curacao and most of all enjoy the Curacao people, they are dushi dushi!

Room Tip: I was in 209, across from the starbucks with a ok view to the pool, but 309 or 409 would be a better...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank hayden11
Saginaw, Texas
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We recently stayed here for our honeymoon and found the resort to be amazing. The customer service in particular was top notch. Especially for the price, this is the best deal in Curacao. We loved the artificial beach and loved that there are numerous real beaches nearby. The location was perfect for us. It's right in the center of Willemstad in the Otrobanda district. A 5 minute walk to the Queen Anne pontoon bridge and you have the exciting, touristy Punda district. If you're looking for a more serene, romantic hotel then look somewhere else. Renaissance is right in the middle of all the action with tons of nearby shops, restaurants, tourist attractions, etc. I can't say enough about the staff at this hotel, though. They really made the difference between a nice resort and an outstanding one.

5 Thank dprettybird
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We just spent our honeymoon, October 7-October 14, at The Renaissance. The trip exceeded our expectations! The hotel was more than we could have asked for. We chose to purchase the all inclusive plan, which was again more than we expected. From our check in to check out we met the most friendly, hard working and eager to please staff. We cannot say one bad thing about our experience! The food was amazing at all the restaurants but our favorite was Infinity. The entire staff was so helpful and always smiling with of course delicious food and drinks! Thanks so much to the entire staff for making our honeymoon so memorable and we definitely are planning a trip back!
The Kammers

Room Tip: We had an ocean view room that was breathtaking!
4 Thank Sasha100513
bonaire
Reviewed 10 October 2013

we loved this resort very much. They have a lot to offer. A great bar on the swimmingpool what have a waterfall into the ocean. Ver clean, Very good services. We have celebrate our love here with an engagement. My husband did here during sunset his proposel to marry me. The best place for it!!

Room Tip: A room with ocean view, so great!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lisettedegroot
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel has been awesome in past years. But something has changed. We ordered breakfast room service so we could get to our flight and nothing showed up! There where room service trays littering the halls that had not been picked up in hours. On our second stay we ordered some ice cream and it took an hour and a half to arrive. Wifi in public areas and wired in rooms? Maybe in 2001 but in 2013?
Nice casino great location! Now a budget hotel at Premium prices.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank 1_T_Scot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willemstad
Van der Valk Kontiki Beach Resort
BijBlauw
BijBlauw
#3 of 32 in Willemstad
Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao

Been to Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!