I stayed at the Renaissance for six days in November 2010. As it was the beginning of the rainy season/over U.S. Thanksgiving, I got a great deal on the room. Considering the cost was equivalent to what I'd paid to visit other Caribbean destinations, the amenities here were very good. The location in Willemstad could really not be beat - the whole Renaissance complex is well-integrated and a big destination for the cruise passengers, who dock right next to the resort and have to walk through its shopping complex to get into town.
Check-in went really smoothly & quickly, and I was given ice-cold bottled water as soon as I stepped into the lobby. The clerk also told me that I had a $100 beverage credit, which was a pleasant surprise!
My room was a "resort view," so I looked out onto the shopping complex, basically. It wasn't a beach view, but could have been much worse (the interior "courtyard" views, for instance). The room itself was spacious and pretty tastefully done, though the color combinations are *very* bright, here and throughout the hotel. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the provided robes & slippers plus Aveda bathroom products were very nice. A flat screen TV featured American (NYC) television stations, for when the weather was uncooperative. [There's a nice, modern cinema in the complex, too - so catching a first-run movie is easy, and cheap!]
As others have noted, the infinity beach/pool is really the highlight of the resort. The beach bar staff were very friendly, and the area itself was very well-maintained. Towels were big and plentiful. I especially enjoyed sitting on the beach during sunset.
The fitness center is also AMAZING. It's got lots of modern machines, each with its own television screen and headphone plug-in.
Overall, the service here was very good - at check-in and when ordering room service, everyone was polite and attentive. The maid staff acknowledged the "do not disturb," even late in the day - and they were quick to swoop in when alerted that service was requested. The evening before my early-morning departure, the staff called to let me know they could reserve a taxi for me and to check to see if anything had gone wrong during my stay. I thought that was a very nice gesture that is rather uncommon. The only minor hiccup with my stay came at check-out: there was no trained attendant on duty, so one of the restaurant's breakfast attendants was working the front desk, processing my check-out. She was on the phone with the regular attendant, who was home sick, talking her through each step; it took a bit longer than normal, but everything was worked out fine.
I would absolutely recommend the Renaissance to others looking for a great place to stay in Curacao.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Curacao's capital city of Willemstad, in the heart of the Dutch Caribbean, Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino offers experiences and activities for any traveler seeking the ambiance of authentic Caribbean charm combined with European sophistication. Featuring a private beach club, this Curacao resort is built around the historic setting of the Rif Fort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Renaissance Curacao Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino Willemstad