“Laid-back holiday home”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Cologne, Germany
“Laid-back holiday home”
Reviewed 22 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Spent a bit more than a week here and it was perfect. Jo (our contact person there) was very friendly and very responsive with any questions we had before or during our stay, the home itself was awesome both for relaxing (you have your own terrace + access to very gentle water), exploring the island, as well as going for a short walk at the nearby (touristy) beach boulevard. But even with the closeness to the sea aquarium and the beach boulevard, you can have a lot of rest and privacy there.

Can highly recommend staying here!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Private access to super clear water
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
22 Sep 2016
Dear Marius, thank you kindly for your review. I am very happy you had a very nice and relaxing vacation in Blue Lagoon. It was great having you. Hope to welcome you back in the future. Make sure you reach out to me for a special repeaters rate.
Daniel P
Avon by the Sea, New Jersey
“Amazing Service, Amazing View, Amazing Stay”
Reviewed 1 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014

I booked my stay through Jo with Curacao Island Rentals and she went above and beyond with her service. My vacation was originally booked for November 2013, but had to be cancelled at the last minute unexpectedly. Jo was so accommodating with making new arrangements to use in November 2014. She really did make everything about this trip as easy as possible so I could truly enjoy my vacation. The rental was exactly as advertised, it was well kept and clean and the views are even better in person. It was amazing to be able to jump right into the water from your own private deck. I would not hesitate to work with Jo again or plan another visit to Curacao while staying in this rental. Thanks again Jo!

Travelling group: Solo
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
3 Dec 2014
Thank you so much for your nice review! I am happy everything worked out as it did. Hope to welcome you again in the future. Thank you, Jo and the Curacao Island Rentals Team
MJMJ83
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Perfect apartment for the island”
Reviewed 2 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. We loved jumping into the sea in the morning, taking a fresh shower outside afterwards and starting up the BBQ to let the day begin!

This apartment is a little bit dark at the place where the sleeping room is, but for the rest its a lovely apartment with a perfect private location at the sea. There's also a pool, but we never got so far. In the morning we enjoyed our sea and in the afternoon we search for nice beaches across the island.

I would definitely recommend this apartment to my friends. In my opinion it's a bit small for a large family. But for a couple with 1 or 2 kids it's a very luxues stay.

Travelling group: Friends
8 Sep 2014
Thank you Marius for the nice review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back in the future. For the readers information : The bedroom has 2 windows for daylight.

Curacao Island Rentals
Melanie T
“Best vacation choice I have ever made; PERFECT spot on a wonderful island!!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

I have never enjoyed a vacation as much as this one and I have been to several caribbean islands. This is best all-around. My mom, my 2 teen-ish boys and I spent 11 days here and we would have preferred to never leave! The spot on the island was perfect. We enjoyed the quiet, peaceful, beautiful Blue Lagoon right on the water, dolphins jumping every morning at the Sea Aquarium just as others have said, private deck into the lagoon with a great assortment of fish, eel, crabs etc, we could swim over to private beach with plenty of loungers and shade if desired. Beautiful pool which, more often than not, we were the only people at the pool. So you have all this but you are steps away from shops, restaurants, the Sea Aquarium, other beaches, music, parasailing, dive shop with snorkel and dive trips and an increase in the amount of people around. The Blue Lagoon and the grounds are very clean and well kept. The unit had everything we needed. The best part is we enjoy outdoor living and there are 3 separate areas/levels to be outside in. There is the dining area, relaxing chairs with umbrella if desired and loungers down by the lagoon and even a bonus tiled bench! There is also an outdoor shower. We enjoyed watching all the critters just on the deck and in the water just under the deck. We only realized on the last day a crab that is very , very large living under the deck behind the rock, we would have loved to check on him every day. Catching a glimpse of him was quite a sight, lots of fun! The lizards/ salamanders on the island are quite fun as well. The unit has triple sliding glass doors that open which adds so much to the relaxing outdoor -in lifestyle; nearly the whole wall opens up. We easily closed the doors at night and turned the air on to sleep. There is also a grill out on the patio for grilling and a shower on the deck to rinse off with. Morning, day, evening; you will love every time of day here....The resort was gated which added to the secure feeling but overall this island felt completely safe compared to others I have been to. Everyone was also very friendly and right from the start Jo who helped me book the stay was so easy and delightful to work with. Josie checked us in and out and she was great as well. An added bonus was the use of a local cell phone. We didn't have much of a need for it but when we did; it was super handy! There is a shuttle to the market twice daily that we took and that worked out really easily. The fridge was very roomy and the stove and everything worked great. Also, the wi-fi worked perfectly. The unit is very comfortable. If you have younger children there was a gate right there after the first outside level (dining area) you can place to keep small ones from running directly into the lagoon, that was a nice feature although we had no use for it but would be a relief if we did need it.

Why choose this island to begin with? My response would be it is first -off a lovely island. A great mix of europe and caribbean. It is a clean island. It was nice being somewhere where you can walk and not depend completely on taxis or driving a rental. There are several dining options steps away from the Blue Lagoon. But, unlike some other islands, this island was very easy to drive in and drivers are not as dangerous as other places I have been where I don't even like riding in a taxi due to the dangerous driving by so many people. Once I mastered "The Ring" which is the bridge downtown to get to the other side of the water downtown, I didn't hesitate going out driving. Also, the rental was delivered to our door and also picked up right there by a very lovely man named Norman who was very punctual which surprisingly we found really everyone to be punctual. We took the Jonalisa to Klein Curacao (we saw 2 sea turtles by the way, great lunch and nice hike but not a large assortment of fish at all, a few types but not many but it is very pretty) where we were picked up at the front door of a neighboring hotel and he was there at the exact minute he said he would be.
The downtown area is certainly worth spending some time there. There are some great shops with local artists and the walking bridge is nice during the day but spectacular in the evening when it is lit up. We enjoyed the view one evening from the top of the fortress. We had hoped to eat dinner down by the bridge on our last night, Monday, but they were closed. Instead we ate at the "Wilhelmina" down the street near the very large CURACAO and DUSHI garden ornaments and we were not disappointed, the food was fabulous. Everyone we had contact with was very friendly and nice. Besides Blue Lagoon, other good snorkel spots were Port Marie and even better Kas Abou, don't miss the area right up on the far left of the beach where there are little pools of water in the rocks; there are the tiniest little Sgt. Major fish in there and it is so cute. If you have a water camera put it in the little pool, it makes a great picture! Also the massage on the beach at Kas Abou was spectacular! Both beaches have nice snack shop/restaurant and toilets, shower. They do charge for loungers but you will not mind because it is so great and it's not $10 each lounger like some beaches it was around $3 each I believe. Small price for a great day. Only problem with going places during the day is that you are then away form "home" AKA Blue Lagoon. The kids loved the things we did various days but they also loved staying at Blue Lagoon all day.
A couple tips about driving , although it is easy once you get the hand of navigating "The Ring" take note that signs tell you which way to go at an upcoming intersection but they don't often "remind" you or have a sign that reassures you that you have chosen the right path. Just watch the sign and keep that thought and you'll do great! Also, US dollars are taken pretty much everywhere we found EXCEPT the parking garage. Be sure to have some local currency. Take your ticket with you and pay before you return to your car. Some places give local currency back as change but some give US dollars. My son got an extra ice cream that night at the nearby shop so we could get some change, a duty he did not mind at all! Parking was often 6 guilder for around 3 hours it seemed.
I could go on and on... I really can't say enough great things about the island, Blue Lagoon, Jo and Josie. Top-notch all the way! Also, Mike that picked us up at the airport and took us back was very kind. You will not be sorry to choose this rental/island/ group of people!!!
Enjoy!

Liked best: Being
Liked least: leaving was the part we did not enjoy!
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
2 Sep 2014
Dear Melanie and family, thank you so much for the beautiful review! We were happy to have you and hope to welcome you back in the future.

All the best, Jo and The Curacao Island Rentals Team
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing