The hotel is generally in good condition. We stayed in the new Octagon wing. The beaches and the riff are amazingly beatiful. Let's hope they stay so despite tourism. Other beaches that are also worth a visit are not far away, but you probably need a rental car to get there. The staff was very friendly (with one or two exceptions), but seemed a bit lazy and not well informed about the hotel's offerings (e.g. the happy hour in the Schooner bar). The food in the restaurants is a bit expensive, but the quality was quite good, and the live music to the barbeque in the Blues restaurant was a highlight. We did not take breakfast in the hotel, because the price seemed unreasonably high. There's a minimarket around the corner and a supermarket next to the gas station in direction of the sea aquarium. We came along very well with the people on the streets. The city centre of Willemstad is 1.5 km / 1 mile away, so you could walk there if it's not too hot.
-The temperature of the AC can't be adjusted (just on/low/high). Therefore the floor tiles were cold as ice, and the shower was already a bit mouldy.
- The parking lot was nearly fully occupied, regardless of when we got there. Many cars are probably rental cars parked there by their company.
In total, we have spent a nice week there, and can recommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run boutique hotel comprises the islands original governor's mansion dating from 1780. Located on two romantic private beaches, the hotel is just minutes away from downtown Willemstad. The new Octagon Wing features 68 spacious rooms decorated in sophisticated neutrals with splashes of vivid Caribbean colors and has transformed the hotel into a contemporary luxury resort & spa. Avila Hotel nevertheless continues to be a reflection of the island of Curacao. Friendly. Intimate. Understated. Welcoming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Avila Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avila Beach Resort
- Hotel Avila Beach
- Avila Beach Hotel Curacao/Willemstad