“Nice quiet beach”

Holiday Beach Hotel and Casino
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Reviewed 15 November 2012

The hotel is oké, doubleroom was clean and comfortable, surroundings were kept very clean, nice pool and quiet beach.
Breakfast could be much better and was expensive, as internet !
My room was complete, tv, fridge etc this was not the case for y friend.
He had to pay 100 dollars for a room wich had no fridge or sitting area..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank HeleneHoiAn

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Hi . Recently in september I stayed at Holiday Beach HOTEL & CASINO. And it was very well. We checked in the 30th of september and it was between 15:00-16:30. The lady that checked us in, was very unhelpfull. In fact she really even looked to us. I asked her for a room with a nice vieuw, and she answer me what I have i can give you...so I think thats not the way to give an answer even if you do not have rooms available at that moment.
Well I don't know if all the standard rooms all the same but the room where we stayed in, the furniture overall is very old, but as well good mantained.The aircontioning is really good, the room was cool enough during our stay there. The housekeeping staff is very kind so far we treated them.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Candas020683
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We had a good time and a clean room with nice view to brach and sea. Staff was nice, close to the city. Nice beach, so we think it is good value for money. Despite all the criticism on this site, we had a nice stay at this hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank D M
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

I was there for work thanks God but i won't recommed it if you want to relax the service is not hood the casino is old and the halls smell really bad like humidity they put me an uncharged safe and i drop me vale things there once i wanted to go out for lunch it was locked i had to wait like 2 hrs for the guy to open it and tv controller does not work and all days i requested to the front desk to fix it or change it bad service don't go there

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Carlos_Pc208b
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My family decided to visit the Island Of Curacao and stayed at the lovely Holiday Beach Hotel and Casino, and it was the best vacation! the Staff was friendly and very helpful and the service was exceptional. The lobby was bright and clean and the rooms were well kept. We enjoyed the pool and the beach which was like a private lagoon and kid friendly, the kids loved it! There is a Denny's on property which was quite convenient to have breakfast with the family! the hotel was close to downtown and shopping. It was great to have a Casino right on property and we will be visiting again since we had such a lovely time!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank michelechung
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I had stayed at this hotel 20+ years ago with my family and had a wonderful time, but the recent reviews had me nervous about returning. I did anyway, and I am glad that I ignored them. This time, I went with 3 other well-travelled friends. The hotel is a 3-star hotel, that's what you pay for, and that's what you get, and a little more. The rooms and corridors were scrupulously clean. All the staff were friendly and helpful, - housekeeping, grounds, bar, cleaners and front desk, even the casino and the restaurant. Maintenance is ongoing and very obvious. The lagoon, beach, pool, gym and gardens are all well-kept. The one drawback - no brochure about the amenities at the hotel, like the microwave on upper level floors etc.. But the staff were quite happy to answer questions and advise. I have to wonder about the negative reviewers!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Wow, how a few years changes things. I lived at the Holiday Beach for almost three months back in 2005. It was not the greatest back then but not too bad. It doesn't look like they have fixed a single problem since I stayed there seven years ago. The bathroom was the worst. Our sink only had one knob, the cold water knob was broken off. The front of the vanity had screws sticking out with numerous holes in it were it looks like it was trial and error getting the face frame on. The water pressure was nonexistent. You had to stand right up next to the wall for the shower to reach you. We actually went one whole day with no water at all. The dive shop said that they did that whenever there was a cruise ship in port for some reason. Service was nonchalant with an “I don’t care” attitude. I know all the other review also said this but since I had been there before I assumed they were just exaggerated…not! For $130 a night I think I could have found better accommodations on the island. Now with that being said I think it is in a great location and the dive shop and the dive instructors are great! If you are like my wife and I and don’t plan on spending a lot of time in the room it is not the worst. They have a very good air conditioner and comfortable beds.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple