Do not forego other four star hotels for this one. This is a below average three star hotel on a really great beach.
There is no shampoo, conditioner or lotion.
First two nights my husband and I slept separate beds, because choice between king and double is apparently only a preference and is not guaranteed. When we were finally moved to a king bedroom the mattress was crooked with a huge lump between the two sides, they might as well have put a chastity wall in between, because trying to move closer to your spouse at night was impossible. The bed also came with two tiny blankets big enough for only one person, so any kind of cuddling was out of the question.
Don't eat at the hotel or Augusto's next door - the food is awful!. For breakfast they serve those juices out of a can that are dissolved with water - I'd resort to that if I was climbing ice-covered Mount Everest, not on a tropical vacation.
Did I mention that the blankets came in sheet sleeves with one end of the blanket exposed? And since they don't clean the blankets ours had a blood stain on it? Also the nightstands haven't been dusted in probably a week because they were completely white and even had dust bunnies.
Other things were annoying to, they hard cold tile floors, but didn't offer slippers. No iron in the room and when I called the front desk to ask for one, the employee said "I have to see if we have one available" and then hung up. He never called back to tell me if there was or wasn't one available and never sent one.
Oh, and that great service other reviews mention? Only of you are lucky. About 50% of the time you will get a smiling person trying to help you, the other 50% they just don't care. When I asked where I could buy sunscreen at the hotel, the person told me I'd have to go to the city, turns out there was a shop in the same lobby that she sat in that sold sunscreen. Same when we asked for an alternative place for breakfast - we were told we have to go to the city. Turns out there is a Surf & Turf that serves breakfast and is a 10 min walk away (we didn't end up eating there, so I don't know about the quality, but the locals said it was good).
Don't rely on the free shuttle. It is only twice a day 9am, coming back at 11:30 and 2pm, coming back at 5pm. The taxis charge per person, so a trip to the city for two is $15, and $15 to come back.
If you do stay in the area, eat at Mambo - it is good for lunch and dinner. Although it is supposed to be pricier that at the hotel, it really is not. The hotel food isn't cheap, just tastes cheap.
That said the beach is great and snorkeling is wonderful along the wave breakers. All the fish hang out on the ocean side of wave breakers, tons of parrot fish and other colorful ones.
There are tons of great places to eat outside of the hotel, but you need a car to get there. Indonesian places are fantastic. Try also Steak & Ribs at the Riffort mall in Otra Banda. Their seafood soup and red snapper are great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the longest white sandy beach of Curacao, just minutes away from the picturesque Dutch colonial city of Willemstad, is sportive 4* Lions Dive & Beach Resort. The resort offers every desired accommodation; a stay in a comfortable hotel room, with your family in a large apartment or a romantic stay in a suite or penthouse. For the sportive guest, the resort has a lot of opportunities: train in the 50 meter sports pool, discover the underwater world with diving school Ocean Encounters or a workout at Body Beach Wellness Club. Of course Lions Dive is also the place for a sun, sea and beachy holiday. Have a massage on our private beach or relax in the Santai Spa. Enjoy our culinary features at the 4 bars and restaurants in the resort. Or just walk to the next-door boulevard with various shops and restaurants. With the personal touch of management and staff, we will give you a real Caribbean Experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Lions Dive And Beach Resort Curacao
- Lions Dive Beach Hotel Curacao
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Willemstad