Us: American Family of 4, kids age 7 and 10. 6th Caribbean vacation.
The pros: Great location with large beach areas protected by man-made breakwall. Plenty of seating seaside. Good off-beach snorkeling around breakwall. Resort offers three restaurants (Hemingways, Nemo, and Piazza). Nemo's is more upscale and more expensive, but offers very good meals. Piazza is more lite fare, but we found it to be rarely open. We could occasionally find someone to serve lunch there. Hemingways is in-between and offers buffet breakfast as well, right on the beach. Food quality is average and prices in USD are good. All staff were friendly and courteous and tried to be helpful. Room cleaning was acceptable.
- Mosquito's and lots of them. They are everywhere and eat at you through the night. Bring mosquito repellent.
- Language is a bit of a barrier, as well as payment in USD (cash or credit) at some locations. The island is a Dutch island, and most locals and visitors speak dutch with some being bi-lingual English. English speakers will need to look past it, try to work through it, and have fun with it.
- Room was small and cramped for a family of 4. The oceanfront room, while oceanfront, did not allow access directly from the room. We didn't spend much time there so it wasn't a big deal for us. Beds were a bit uncomfortable.
- While the staff was great, the other guests were not. I found the other dutch guests to be generally rude (cutting in front of us in lines, not yielding walking room on sidewalks) and dirty (Leaving their garbage on the beach, throwing plastic cups into the water). Maybe it is a cultural thing I don't understand.
- Smoking is very prevalent and is permitted everywhere generally.
- Being a Dutch island, topless sunbathing is permitted and some guests do it, so be prepared.
- There were no resort activities geared toward children.
The adjacent Aquarium is fun, and the Dolphin encounters are great. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the longest white sandy beach of Curacao, just minutes away from the picturesque Dutch colonial city of Willemstad, is sportive 4* Lions Dive & Beach Resort. The resort offers every desired accommodation; a stay in a comfortable hotel room, with your family in a large apartment or a romantic stay in a suite or penthouse. For the sportive guest, the resort has a lot of opportunities: train in the 50 meter sports pool, discover the underwater world with diving school Ocean Encounters or a workout at Body Beach Wellness Club. Of course Lions Dive is also the place for a sun, sea and beachy holiday. Have a massage on our private beach or relax in the Santai Spa. Enjoy our culinary features at the 4 bars and restaurants in the resort. Or just walk to the next-door boulevard with various shops and restaurants. With the personal touch of management and staff, we will give you a real Caribbean Experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lions Dive And Beach Resort Curacao
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Lions Dive Beach Hotel Curacao
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Willemstad