My husband and I recently returned from one week at Lions Dive. The hotel is very clean and the staff extremely helpful. The shuttles to Willemstad and the local grocery store were a great convenience. The beach was fantastic! Ocean front rooms are worth the extra cost.
The 50 meter pool is spectacular and there is one lane that is divided for lap swimming all of the time. An important note for management is to post a sign near the fitness pool (50 meter) asking children to stay out of the lap lane. On two different days, kids who knew we were swimming laps jumped in and just missed my husband’s head- it would have been a horrible accident easily avoided my a pool safety posting. With a practically Olympic size pool, and just 2 people swimming laps, there is absolutely no reason to jump in the one lap lane.
The one drawback to this hotel-and it’s a big one- is all of the smoking! We simply could not get away from cigarette smoke which was at times unbearable. I’m not talking about one person having an occasional smoke here and there, but many people smoking one after the other. With all the great, healthful amenities at Lions’ Dive, “the natural place to stay,” we were dumbfounded by all of the smoke and the toxic environment that is created by allowing people to smoke everywhere. It was disappointing to see cigarette butts in the white sand and disgusting to have smoke blown in our faces especially after a workout or while trying to dine al fresco. We paid to have an ocean front room, which was lovely, but found out quickly that sitting outside to enjoy morning coffee or sunset would be polluted by people smoking on their balconies in every direction.
Living the U.S., we have become accustomed to smoke free environments and do not expect (although it would be fantastic) the same when traveling. The staff was responsive and felt badly when we complained and told us that there are no laws against smoking in Curacao. If upper management should read this, I would suggest that at the very least to create designated smoking areas on the property. In addition, perhaps a block of rooms downwind would be available for smokers. Even though guests are not supposed to smoke in their rooms, hence the balcony problem, we found that we could not even sit in our room with the doors open because the smoke on both side of us was forced back and channeled through our room.
If they address the smoking issue, we could easily see ourselves back for vacation with family and friends. The weather was perfect and there is something for everyone. The apartments have nice kitchens and dining areas to enjoy meals in and help with costs. There is plenty of shade on the beach and around the pools to help with the intense UV rays. We had a wonderful day trip snorkeling and sailing (booked through the hotel dive shop) and highly recommend the excursion. One of my dreams came true when we swam with dolphins at the Dolphin Academy next door to the hotel! It was fun being able to walk down the beach for dinner at different restaurants and hotels. I was in heaven swimming in the sea all day and working out in the fitness pool.
Overall great stay except for the cigarette smoke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the longest white sandy beach of Curacao, just minutes away from the picturesque Dutch colonial city of Willemstad, is sportive 4* Lions Dive & Beach Resort. The resort offers every desired accommodation; a stay in a comfortable hotel room, with your family in a large apartment or a romantic stay in a suite or penthouse. For the sportive guest, the resort has a lot of opportunities: train in the 50 meter sports pool, discover the underwater world with diving school Ocean Encounters or a workout at Body Beach Wellness Club. Of course Lions Dive is also the place for a sun, sea and beachy holiday. Have a massage on our private beach or relax in the Santai Spa. Enjoy our culinary features at the 4 bars and restaurants in the resort. Or just walk to the next-door boulevard with various shops and restaurants. With the personal touch of management and staff, we will give you a real Caribbean Experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lions Dive And Beach Resort Curacao
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Lions Dive Beach Hotel Curacao
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Willemstad