My family of 5 stayed in the Lions Dive Apartments from July 16-24, 2013. We arrived the first night around 10 pm after a VERY long day of travelling. I was pleased that the check-in process went so quickly. We were escorted to our room and settled in. We took the elevator up to the third level. My first impression of the apartment (Room 222), was that I loved it. The room featured a kitchen equipped with dishwasher, stove, oven/crisper/microwave, refrigerator and all the utensils/pots/pans one could need. The bathroom off the kitchen had toilet, sink and shower. The only thing I disliked about this bathroom was there wasn't a door on the shower. There was a glass panel on one half, but water always got on the floor. The bathroom connected to a bedroom which had a queen sized bed and a single bed. There was an awesome closet/cabinet area, television and a desk. This room had a door connecting to the balcony. Off the kitchen through a sliding door was the living room area. Here there was a sofa bed, chair, desk and television. The living area had windows that could be folded open to the balcony which had table and chairs. Off the living room was the master bedroom. Here there was a bed, television, dresser, cabinets/closet. There was a door which opened to the balcony. The master bathroom had a shower (with a door!), bathtub, two sinks and a toilet.
We ate a few times at Piazza, but did not make it to the other restaurants. I liked their pizzas and their Hawaiian sandwich. Our family used the pool a few times, but spent most of our time at the beach. We swam and snorkeled. There are many fish to be seen. The swimming area here is excellent. The break-wall is so nice. It keeps the swimming area calm.
One thing I loved about this place were the shuttles offered. The supermarket shuttle came twice daily, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. It was nice because we often cooked meals in our room. The shuttle drops you off at the supermarket and takes you back to the hotel and hour later. The other shuttle goes to Willemstad twice daily. This shuttle drops you off at Wilhelminaplein. You're dropped off on the Punda side and can go to many shops and eat at restaurants. We went to the Plein Cafe Wilhelmina.
The hotel offered quite a few amenities. There is even a gift shop located on the premises. There is also a space at the business center where you can print boarding passes and check-in to flights.
The staff at this hotel was exceptional. The front desk people were friendly and helpful. The waitresses/waiters at Piazza were kind. One person I would like to comment on especially was our housekeeping lady. I never caught her name, but she was absolutely wonderful. Each time she'd clean our room she'd chat with us and was incredibly helpful. One of my sister's was working on laundry and couldn't understand the directions on the washing machine, she found our housekeeping lady who helped her get tokens and start the laundry. It happened that the laundry machines near our room weren't working, so she helped take the laundry to the other laundry room. We appreciated her. She was absolutely wonderful.
Next to the resort, there is a shopping mall type building being built. It is open during construction. There is a great tourist shop, Souvenir City. I also really liked the Aloha Beachbar. The food was inexpensive and delicious. Try the peanut sauce!
I hope that I haven't missed anything of importance! I really enjoyed my time here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the longest white sandy beach of Curacao, just minutes away from the picturesque Dutch colonial city of Willemstad, is sportive 4* Lions Dive & Beach Resort. The resort offers every desired accommodation; a stay in a comfortable hotel room, with your family in a large apartment or a romantic stay in a suite or penthouse. For the sportive guest, the resort has a lot of opportunities: train in the 50 meter sports pool, discover the underwater world with diving school Ocean Encounters or a workout at Body Beach Wellness Club. Of course Lions Dive is also the place for a sun, sea and beachy holiday. Have a massage on our private beach or relax in the Santai Spa. Enjoy our culinary features at the 4 bars and restaurants in the resort. Or just walk to the next-door boulevard with various shops and restaurants. With the personal touch of management and staff, we will give you a real Caribbean Experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Lions Dive And Beach Resort Curacao
- Lions Dive Beach Hotel Curacao
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Willemstad