Our family visited Lions Dive Dec 28 - Jan 3, 2014. We had an awesome experience. Upon check in we were upgraded to an ocean front room which was amazing with a great porch and incredible view of the beach and ocean. The resort was very beautiful and my only complaints would be that the ceiling fan in our room was very noisy and should have been replaced and the service in the restaurants is not like you would see in the US. Let me explain, in the US if you order water the server will refill it when it is empty and when you are ready to leave they will bring you your check. It is very laid back there so you usually have to ask for your bill and for more water if you want it. Small complaint for a great trip! The beach is very nice and clean with great entry to a protected area. You can swim/snorkel either in the protected area or swim through the rocks to the outside area. We also did a shore dive in that area. Very nice! The hotel has basically 3 restaurants and the food was very good at all 3. I wish that they served a small breakfast on the menu because the buffet ($17US) was more than we ever wanted in the morning, toast and eggs would have been fine but was not available. The grounds of the hotel are very nice and the concierge was very helpful when asking about what to do in the area. A bus can take you every day to the grocery store which was great, we stocked up on snacks and some water, although the water in Curacao is very good. We loved all the iguanas all over the place. One thing that was unexpected was what happened on New Years Eve. Apparently New Years is a very cultural event. Fireworks started at noon (the very loud kind), they had a really nice New Years party with a live band and the party went on until wee hours of the morning. The fireworks went off until almost 4am and they were loud. This isn't a complaint but an observation and I am sure it would be the same any New Years. We will definitely be back. The onsite dive show Ocean Encounters was very convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the longest white sandy beach of Curacao, just minutes away from the picturesque Dutch colonial city of Willemstad, is sportive 4* Lions Dive & Beach Resort. The resort offers every desired accommodation; a stay in a comfortable hotel room, with your family in a large apartment or a romantic stay in a suite or penthouse. For the sportive guest, the resort has a lot of opportunities: train in the 50 meter sports pool, discover the underwater world with diving school Ocean Encounters or a workout at Body Beach Wellness Club. Of course Lions Dive is also the place for a sun, sea and beachy holiday. Have a massage on our private beach or relax in the Santai Spa. Enjoy our culinary features at the 4 bars and restaurants in the resort. Or just walk to the next-door boulevard with various shops and restaurants. With the personal touch of management and staff, we will give you a real Caribbean Experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Lions Dive And Beach Resort Curacao
- Lions Dive Beach Hotel Curacao
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Willemstad