My wife and I just returned from a two week stay at the Lion’s dive and aside from one minor bump the hotel and staff far surpassed our expectations. The minor bump, was some construction that was going on at the Seaquarium resort across the breakwater from the Lion’s dive. Apparently they were doing some dredging and retooling the breakwater but even the minor noise, and disruption was not enough to spoil a truly great experience at a truly well run resort.
Both my wife and I are divers, so the focus of our trip was water related. As far as the local dive scene at the Lions was concerned, we didn’t bother due to the clouding of the visibility that the construction, but from what I heard from the local snorkelers, it wasn’t al that bad.
The beach itself was lovely, the restaurants and amenities well worth the price. A word of caution to my fellow travelers; the entire island truly on island time, so if you’re looking for the fast food type of all inclusive, Curacao may not be for you. But if you’re looking to slow down and enjoy the bounty that the island has to offer, than read on.
We booked an Oceanfront room, and received a very nice third floor corner unit; which was perfect for both sitting and enjoying the sunsets, and drying out the dive gear. the rooms were immaculately kept, by the housekeeping staff, and we really wanted for nothing.
When asked for a power converter to run our 110 appliances and laptop, it arrived in minutes, was set up by a very friendly maintenance fellow. The folks at the front desk saw to our every need, in a fast (island time) and friendly manner.
The bar staff at Hemmingway’s (cheers to Francesca, Natalia, and Clay) was top notch and there with a cool drink, friendly smile and charming manner every time a fresh drink was needed.
We rented a car for our entire stay, and that gave us opportunity to explore the islands many beaches, and dive sites, and the staff at Ocean Encounters was very helpful with much needed gear repair and dive site advice.
If you want truly carefree mornings, I’d suggest that you opt for the breakfast package. Te food was plentiful, well prepared and made getting out of bed a bit easier and more relaxing.
All in all I would say that the Lion’s Dive not only met but surpassed our expectations, in just about every way. The Lion’s Dive resort is truly a relatively undiscovered gem of a resort, but with accommodations, and service like we experienced it won’t stay undiscovered for long.
We’re looking forward to another stay with them in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the longest white sandy beach of Curacao, just minutes away from the picturesque Dutch colonial city of Willemstad, is sportive 4* Lions Dive & Beach Resort. The resort offers every desired accommodation; a stay in a comfortable hotel room, with your family in a large apartment or a romantic stay in a suite or penthouse. For the sportive guest, the resort has a lot of opportunities: train in the 50 meter sports pool, discover the underwater world with diving school Ocean Encounters or a workout at Body Beach Wellness Club. Of course Lions Dive is also the place for a sun, sea and beachy holiday. Have a massage on our private beach or relax in the Santai Spa. Enjoy our culinary features at the 4 bars and restaurants in the resort. Or just walk to the next-door boulevard with various shops and restaurants. With the personal touch of management and staff, we will give you a real Caribbean Experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, HRS, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia and TravelUp so you can book your Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lions Dive And Beach Resort Curacao
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Lions Dive Beach Hotel Curacao
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao Willemstad