“scary!!!!”

Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
new york
“scary!!!!”
Reviewed 22 December 2009

YOu need to work on the way you clean rooms. You have a lot of potential, but I think it has to start with good management first. The rooms have to be clean (they are not). The staff has to be responsive (they are not.) You have to dust and please, please no hairs in the shower! mold,rust. never again!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
PlazaHotelCuracao, General Manager at Plaza Hotel Curacao, responded to this review, 25 February 2010
Dear TattyNewYork,

I am sorry we scared you off. The Hotel has indeed tons of potential and we are well underway with the rebirth of this grand old hotel. I hereby invite you to return to us so I can show you personally the improvements we made.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Czech first
Miami ,FL
Reviewed 15 December 2009

Hi my name is Alberto, all i can say is that this hotel is paradise! is AWESOME, super Clean! location is great everything is close by , it has Great new rooms! eather u go with family friends by yourself or just with ur partner, it is for sure the best value in town!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Thanks Alberto!

The hotel is indeed the best deal on the island and we are exited that you had such a wonderful time with us!
I hope to be able to welcome you back personally in the near future.
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 27 September 2009

I could not believe how bad this hotel was, it really shouldn't be called The Plaza Curacao. The room should have had two queen sized beds, but that wasn't the case just because you travel with a friend does not mean you want to sleep in the same bed with them. The bathroom had mildew in the shower, the shower curtain looked like it had not been changed in over a year, under the sink had that foamy looking yellow silicone, I pray it wasn't asbestos. Meanwhile this was supposed to be one of the renovated rooms, PLEASE it was just horrible, and I wouldn't allow my worst enemy to stay at The Plaza Curacao. What makes me even more upset, I looked at one of the staff's living quarters and it was ten times better than my room, a paying customer, the entire room was clean, had stain free curtains, the bathroom didn’t foamy stuff in it, no mildew in the shower, THAT WAS A RENOVATED ROOM. The saving grace was that the Plaza Curacao was located in town near the shopping area and near the walking bridge. For the most part the hotel staff was nice although it amazes me that the manager and assistant manager didn't feel the need to speak to the guest, not even a good morning that is beyond me. I wasn't asking for a drawn out conversation just a head nod, a wave something to show that they appreciated me being at their Plaza Curacao that went on for the 8 days I stayed at this hotel, for all this I could have stayed my a$$ in New York City. There’s so much more I could say, but I don’t have the space. I wouldn’t stay as this hotel; they should pay me to stay at The Plaza Curacao!!

2 Thank peachezz91
PlazaHotelCuracao, General Manager at Plaza Hotel Curacao, responded to this review, 28 February 2010
Dear Peacheezz91,

It is our goal to provide every guest with the best possible exprecience at our hotel. I am sorry we were unable to deliver during your stay.
I can assure you we are making improvements every day and I hope to welcome you back one day in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Willemstad hotels

new york
Reviewed 14 September 2009

A friend and I chose this hotel because the pictures and description on their website seemed wonderful. Unfortuntately and to our dismay, our room was Terrible! After a long flight we just wanted to relax, but as soon as we saw our room we want to leave instantly. The drapes and window curtains were stained and filthy. The bedding was stained and the comforters had holes. The tv was tiny and didn't even come with a remote. There was no blow dryer as promised. Tiles in the tub were missing and paint was chipping off the bottom of the tub. When we complained, they moved us to a "Superior" room BUT it was still Awful!! The ceiling dripped all week and created puddles on the floor each morning. The sheets and pillowcases were never replaced that whole week, just made up. Things like the bathroom and coffee pot were dirty. And sometimes the maid simply wouldn't give us an extra little piece of soap when she could see we were out. In addition, we ate in the Plaza's restaurant and the food was never very good, overpriced, and came in very small portions that we were still hungry. Some of the staff even gave us attitude when we complained about the rooms or made comments about the restaurant.
P.S. First time using Expedia for this trip, and would Never use Expedia again because they absolutely did NOT care about our complaints or concerns during or after our trip. I'm sticking to Orbitz and Priceline from now on.

2 Thank galina26
Dear Galina26,

We have made many improvents since your stay. We are sorry that you encountered these problems during your stay.
I hope to welcome you back one day so that we have a chance to deliver a wonderful experience.
grenada
Reviewed 9 September 2009

this hotel is a blast, everything is great, from the room and omg the breakfast was smashing and the casino... really cool and affordable

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Yealo,

We are so glad you have a wonderful time with us. Thank you for sharing your review.
The hotel has indeed many options for entertainment and the casino is one of them.
Glad you had a blast!
Hope to see you back with us in the near future.
New York
Reviewed 29 August 2009

I have stayed in hostels all over Europe and traveled to all different places and have never been so disappointed in a room. The first night about 5 minutes after walking in the door I had to call Expedia. I have never been so offended by a website. All my trips have been booked online, this was my first time using Expedia and I would be wary in the future, because the room I got was worse than a cheap motel. The sheets were old, worn and stained. The paint in the bathtub was chipped largely. We were moved to a "superior" room with attitude from the staff who said we shouldnt have contacted Expedia. The superior room seemed nicer but unfortunately 2 days later the ceiling began to drip brown water onto the floor and sheets. When the staff was told, they simply mopped the ceiling and floor and the drip continued. We counted down the days until we could leave and were too scared to ask the staff for another room change because of the frequent attitude and ignoring we received. We had a $200 food/beverage credit that the staff didnt know how to use and insisted we pay for our meals on top of the credit. They refused to attempt to contact the main desk and ask even though there was no one else in the dinning area. The hotel is a scam, the pictures on the site leave out what the regular rooms look like.

2 Thank whairami
Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2009

A vacation in the Caribean was due and my wife and I decided to visit Plaza Hotel. From the moment we arrived at the hotel we felt the Dutcht Caribean architectural beauty on the island and the historical buildings with their pastel colors. Our room was a junior suite with balcony overlooking to the Atlantic and the other side of the city called Otrobanda. My wife thought she was seing things went she thought the bridge was moving but it was moving because it was a floating bridge that would open up to let the ships go by and it would later close for people to commute. The location was prime, the best, close to restaurants, museums and shops. There is a free shuttle service for hotel guest that took us to the beach and back and it's constantly running. The breakfast is a must have, a full breakfast with a great variety of juices. The staff was attentive and willing to exceed expectations. For those who would like to try their luck , the hotel runs its own casino. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple