“Great Vacay !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Willemstad
Delmar, New York
“Great Vacay !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Wonderful Hotel ! Open air Lobby was so beautiful with infinity pool ! Rooms were spacious & scenic. Staff were exceptionally helpful & always cheerful, accomodating & pleasant. Couldn't do enough for each guest. Memorable staff were, Yvette at Portofino's - always the perfect hostess. Roland at the front desk, Martine at the Pool Bar & Elsmley at the Casino - so personable & efficient. Great Beach, plenty of huts on beach & chairs at pool. Lots of shade available as well.
Loved the accomodations - Top Notch. Free Shuttle to Wilemstad, Entertainment nightly.

Weaknesses - Food VERY expensive. remote location - cannot walk anywhere, rocky beach must have water shoes, minimal supplies available at convenience store.
Would definitely go back, but would by all - inclusive status.

Nina & Tom 3/14 Delmar, NY

5 Thank nina S
Nicky S, Marketing Coordinator at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Nina and Tom,

Thank you for writing this great review!

We are delighted to read you had such a good time with us and you enjoyed our private beach. We will ensure we pass your lovely comments on to our team, especially to Yvette, Roland, Martine and Elmsley!

Thank you once more and we hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald casino!

Warm regards,

Nicky Spijkerman
Marketing Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
Mahomet, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Let me start by saying we were at this hotel 3 years ago March and ultimately came back because we were always talking about how beautiful it was and how friendly all the staff were. This time around, they surpassed this and more!!!

Rooms: Our room had a small fridge and a safe big enough to fit everything we brought (lap tops, phone, money). I wouldn't necessarily say the rooms are outdated like others have said. When I walk into the room I get an Island feel but most importantly a very clean feel! We had a 3rd floor Garden View which looked out at a hot tub and if you slightly turned to the right you could see the Ocean. It was the perfect view for us! When we're on vacation we're not there to sit in our room anyway! HELPFUL TIP: Bring a portable "Outlets To Go" power strip as the rooms only have one 110 outlet *See attached picture.

House keeping: They were great and ever so friendly, thank you Ana. I might add TRUST WORTHY..... I have never done this before on a trip but after being home and doing laundry I figured out I was missing some of my stuff, I had left an entire drawer of clothes in the room. My husband emailed the hotel and within an hour they emailed back with a list of everything they found in my drawer. I received my box 6 days from the time we emailed Koen (whom we can’t thank enough for everything)!!!! We've been in the states and left and item or two and they never "find" anything left behind so this is huge for us!!

Food: We didn’t have anything we didn’t like. We didn't eat at Portofino this time so I can't comment on that restaurant. We did order lunch/snacks from Boardroom Beach Bar and Seabreeze almost every day. We never once had to "wait" for our food like I've read on here. Service charge, yes there is a service charge just be aware of this and plan ahead. Prices, what we expect for being on vacation and also on an Island. You just need to know coming to Curaçao you will pay a little higher on the entire Island.... you're not at home! At night we always ate at Emerald Lounge. We had the Mussel's on Thursday and they were well worth it!! If we could of been there for two Thursday's I'm sure we would of had them a second time! My husband and I tend to sit at a bar when we go out and it was no different on this trip. You'd be amazed at how much you get to know the staff and learn about the Island this way! I have to mention Nadim, he was an absolute joy to get to know in the Emerald Lounge along with Carlos! Also, Cerita at the Boardroom Beach Bar. We truly believe getting to know the staff can make or break a vacation!

Beach: If you're looking for a beach to walk miles on it won't happen here. We love to walk beaches ourselves but for this hotel it’s just not here. We do love the beach here for different reasons, there's not many people and you’re on your own private beach and never feel crowded! Also, the snorkeling is a must! You really don't need to do a snorkeling trip you can see all sorts of fish right out front and to the right of the hotel. We bring our own snorkel gear but they do rent it out at the towel hut.

If you're looking for an extremely relaxing vacation with the some of the most beautiful views and sunsets you'll ever see, this is the place for you. There is music outside the Emerald Lounge a couple nights and a lot of people gather and even some dancing. It's no Club but it can be a good time.

We will not be waiting three years this time to return we are already planning on going back next March. As I said, the staff is amazing here and one of the main reasons we will return. If you have a problem with something they want you to tell them about it, so they can address it rather than read it on here. We always believe an important thing to pack is a good attitude. It goes a long way for making a great trip and if you can’t do that here, you’re doing something wrong!

Room Tip: Room #304 Garden View with very nice Ocean View
5 Thank CDRyan32
Dear CDRyan32,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write this extensive review regarding your recent vacation, and also for being such a loyal visitor to our resort. Also, you made lovely photos! Thank you for sharing these on Tripadvisor.

We are thrilled to read that you had such a wonderful time in Curacao and that our resort team treated you so friendly. We feel very fortunate to have such a wonderful team of people at the Curacao Marriott and let me assure you that your lovely review will be shared with all of them, especially Ana, Koen, Nadim, Carlos and Cerita! This will inspire the whole team to keep on delivering friendly and helpful service to all our guests.

We are so happy to read you will be visiting us again and we can’t wait to welcome you back! Please feel free to contact me via nicky.spijkerman@marriott.com if I can assist you in any way further.

Warm regards,

Nicky Spijkerman
Marketing Coordinator
Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Visited the hotel with customers for 2 nights. Check in tool more then 1 hour. Really annoying. This actually set the standard for any question or request you ask in this hotel. Slow, slow.
Having said that the staff is really friendly. The location is good and centrally located.
Rooms are dated but kind of large. Pool is good. Good breakfast
This is one of those US chain hotels which still ask a fortune for Wifi in the room. Amazing while simple bed and breakfast places offer free wifi these days.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Koen H, Manager at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Scirocco-frk,
Thank you for your sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am happy to read that you found our staff to be pleasant and the location to be good.
That said, I am disappointed to hear you experienced slow service at our hotel.
Especially check in we want to always make quick and pleasant as Paradise Awaits!
I apologize for not making that happen for you. We will work on this!
I hope to have the opportunity to show you a great all round experience when you come back to Curacao.
Please feel free to call upon me if I can assist in any way. I am at your service!
Director of Operations
Novi, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Very clean and ‘western’. The rooms could have been in a US hotel. Nothing unique or charming…but good sized room with small fridge, a nice flatscreen TV, comfortable bed, and large bathroom. The resort is relatively small (tiny by Mexico all inclusive standards). They have all inclusive, but when I was checking in someone was arguing over their all inclusive bill. Apparently, there are many menu and call liquor exclusions and some fees aren’t included. It’s not a “wristband” all inclusive, you sign for everything and it is itemized.
The pool area is very nice, as is the beach which is only a few steps from the pool. The water wasn’t calm, even inside the breakwater, while I was there. I didn’t see anyone snorkeling. There were people snorkeling in a cove/beach by Fort Piscadera, which is a short walk down the beach.
The food was good but expensive. They add 24% onto the published price for tax/service charge. The least expensive lunch items were about $12 US, with the average being closer to $18 US (before the 24%). A beer was about $5, and they are smaller than the 12 oz beers you are probably used to back home. Expect to pay at least $25 for your dinner entrée.
The evening lounge area is behind the pool and elevated about 1.5 floors, giving it a nice breeze and view of the ocean. They had nice live music at night and the place had a really relaxing vibe – upscale & festive, not ‘spring break’ or overbearing.
It’s a long walk into town (probably 4K each way), but ½ of is it along a wide path by the ocean. The path is great for a morning run. There is a medium size grocery store within walking distance (1 or 2K) where you can pick up breakfast and sandwich items and inexpensive beer/sodas – bring your own bags, they didn’t have any. Or you can catch a cab to Centrum if you don’t have a car and don't want to carry bags

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank michigantanman
Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We just returned from spending nine days here. I had been reading all the reviews since we started planning on going to Curacao. I knew what to expect so there were no real surprises except for when we arrived to check in. We had booked a garden view room on line and asked if there were any third floor rooms available. We were told the resort was at full capacity (an electrical convention was going on) but would see what could be done. Then after a bit of comprimising and some waiting, we were put in a third floor room. Our friends were also moved up (to the room right next door!) but not till the next day. We thought the gentleman that helped us did a great job. Have to say, everyone working there is very pleasant and polite!
Rooms are outdated but very clean. The property is well maintaned just could up date furniture, fixtures, etc... That would make the additional 15 percent service charges more palatable!
The reviews are very accurate regarding the propery, beach, pool, etc. Just remember that you're on island time and service is slow everywhere.
Had a great relaxing time and was a wonderful break from a harsh winter.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deezer1
Koen H, Manager at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Deezer1,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your experience on Curacao. I can imagine it was a welcome break as the winter in North America has been very persistent.
It is great to hear you and your friends had a wonderful and relaxing time and I am glad our staff was there to accommodate your needs.
The team and I look forward welcoming you back next winter, and if you look to escape the weather I would also recommend to look up the Curacao Marriott Facebook page where we regularly post warm pictures of paradise.
Wishing you a great weekend!
Regards,
Warren, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

The staff at this Marriott make this a 5 star location. From Renata at the front desk to the Cernita at the Boardroom on the Beach bar, EVERYONE is smiling and pleasant. The grounds are excellent. The beach is rocky.... but to be expected in a coral based island. .What took away from this being a 5 star rating was the disgusting appearence of the sofa in our high end room. This sofa would have been rejected by a Salvation Army donation center. VERY suprising for a Marriott. Bed very comfortable with a choce of pillow types(nice touch). Food was rather pricey but understandable since almost everything in Curacao is imported . There is a great supermarket 2 miles to the west(Centrum) which could rival the best in the U.S. Prices are good and a way of not having to spend $50 for a basic breakfast at the Marriott .Weather is a constant 83 degrees with a nice 23 mph breeze, just enough you cool you off as you burn:) Bring LOTS of bug spray, major mosquito problem at sunset and later.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are pricey but worth it.
2 Thank Alfred S
Dear stjohnar,
Thank you so much for posting your review of our hotel and Curacao to Tripadvisor and sharing the names of Renata and Cerrita!
I am very proud of them and all our other hosts who strive to create experiences every day.
Thank you also for providing some great tips to future potential customers.
In our climate unfortunately we do get to deal with mosquitos once in a while, but we also do our utmost to minimize their impact to guest experience. Currently we are doing early morning treatments to ensure our guests can joy a mosquito free environment.
I look forward welcoming you back to "dushi korsow" in the future, and feel free to contact me if I can assist in any way.
Koen.hietbrink@marriott.com
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We spent a relaxing week at this beautiful resort. The white-sand beach and sparkling pool area are wonderful. The grounds are beautifully manicured.

Our resort-view room offered a partial ocean view which we enjoyed while having coffee each morning. The room was spacious with a very comfortable bed.

Several restaurants are within a five-minute walk of the resort, and Willemstad is an easy 45-minute walk along the walkway next to the sea.

All the employees were friendly and helpful, especially Carlos at the front desk and Cerrita, the bartender at The Board Room. We

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank SeeTheWld
Koen H, Manager at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear SeeThewld,
I was thrilled to read your review and your comments about Carlos and Cerrita.
They are true assets to our hotel and I am so proud of having them on the team!
I am very happy you enjoyed the new Marriott bedding. We receive many great comments about our beds, and off course it is important to have a great nights' rest when you are enjoying the hotel and the island during the day.
I hope to see you back soon!
Director of Operations