“Great trip!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Willemstad
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Great trip!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I decided to visit an island that was beneath the hurricane belt to avoid the hurricane season in June, good choice. I avoided the hurricane but the heat was sweltering so be sure to take sunscreen. Nonetheless, I wanted to be on an island to celebrate my Bday and I did just that.

Unfortunately, my initial encounter with my room was not so pleasant but the matter was resolved with a negotiated upgrade price. Then, I received a Bday slice of cake which was very thoughtful of Nina, who was working the front desk. However, I just read another visitor's review which included cake and champagne, I missed out.

Next, I must mention Prisca who provided GREAT service throughout our trip. She was an excellent host!!! In addition, Lillie, the waitress in Portfino was the BEST.

Lastly, I was quite disturbed to learn that there was a free shuttle into town after paying $30. per day for transportation into town. NO ONE at the front desk ever mentioned this complimentary service, although provided suggestions to go into town. In addition, I just read a review about a complimentary breakfast. I was not aware of this either. Please understand that these complimentary services are much appreciated by visitors. I trust that vacationers are not cheap but complimentary is always nice and places a smile on visitors faces.

Overall, GREAT trip!!! and the property is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Very romantic during the evening, its quite picturesque sitting pool side or beach side while dining, thanks to Prisca.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Renee S
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Renee S ~

Thank you for selecting our island and hotel to celebrate your birthday. We appreciate your positive feedback about to great ladies from our staff team; Lilith and Prisca, rest sure I will give thank them for taking good care of you during your stay.

I wanted to clarify 2 important things for the reference of future guests.

First we do have a complimentary shuttle twice a day to downtown Willemstad, it’s important to mention that it is subject to availability with a capacity for aprox.10 guests per trip, transportation rules and regulations on the island controls the type and amount of service we ca provide not been an official transportation entity. Second we do not offer complimentary breakfast, In some cases the guests buy a promotional package that can include breakfast or a resort credit, This depends on availability of the offer and is always subject to change (can expire or be closed).

Once again we appreciate your comments and would love to welcome you again for your next birthday celebration.

Regards,

Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
Bridgeville, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We are currently staying at the Marriott (tonight is our last night) and we are so happy that we picked this resort!! From the moment that we arrived the staff has been extremely friendly and helpful. They remember you and always provide a greeting. The pool area is beautiful and the beach nicely maintained!! Housekeeping has provided great service including proving an extra bath towel each day. The breakfast in the restaurant is fantastic which includes an omelet station with tons of choices!! And the best donuts i have ever tasted!! During the early evening there is live entertainment which we have thoroughly enjoyed. We are definitely coming back to Curaçao and will definitely stay here! Hopefully in the same room...it's at the end of the hallway with perfect access to the pool and beach. This resort is also very convenient to town by car or cab. The cab rides are very reasonable at $30 round trip! We are sad to be leaving tomorrow but can't wait to visit again!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PAfoster
Dear PAfoster~

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your high rating and the great comments about our breakfast and pool area.

Thank you for your great comments we hope to see you back!

San Clemente, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I picked the Curacao Marriott because of the overall good reviews on Tripadvisor. I have to say after visiting this property, the reviews are well earned. My husband and I were celebrating my b-day and our anniversary. After contacting guest services to let them know, we were greeted in our room with a special birthday cake and champagne. However our trip got off to a rocky start when after we initially settled into our room, I discovered that I had left my purse in the taxi that we took from the airport! With the help of stellar security employees Marielo and Alton and bellhop Quincy (who was the first person we talked to regarding my missing purse) I cannot get over the professionalism and kindness shown to my husband and I by these men. Alton was definitely our biggest hero and took phenomenal care of us the next day. We appreciate from the bottom of our hearts, the time that was taken to help us out in a crisis situation. My story had a happy ending when the taxi driver returned to the resort and I got my purse back!

As other TA writers have written, the snorkeling on the coral reefs right off the hotel could not have been better. I saw many fish I've never seen before and I've snorkeled all over. In fact, we drove to Porta Mari one day and I thought the snorkeling was better at the Marriott. I don't know if it was because we were at the property in the off-season but we never had to fight for pool chairs or palapas on the beach. There was always plenty of seating available. Every night (except Sunday) there was local entertainment in the breezeway/lobby near the Emerald Lounge restaurant. We enjoyed the nightly entertainers and also the World Cup was playing on all the t.v's both @ the Emerald Lounge and Seabreeze bar. The hotel location is convenient to Willemstad and we took the shuttle into town one day. You do have to sign up for the shuttle so if you want to go in the morning, make sure you sign up early as it gets booked. The overall property was very clean and well kept. This was our first time staying at an all inclusive and we had a little trepidation. It turned out to be a great experience. Our drink and food choices were plentiful. Breakfast was awesome with a buffet (both American and European style), a daily special hot food item and made to order omelet's. You could order off the menu too, which I did one time. But I thought the buffet was quicker.

All of the staff from the front desk, bellhops, waiters, shuttle drivers, bar tenders, and on-site management could not have been more friendly and attentive making sure the rest of our stay was a pleasant one. If I have to make one critique, it's the speed of service from the kitchen to the guest's table. The wait staff took orders very quickly and efficiently but there was a little of a wait for our food to arrive. I chalk this up to "island time" and hey, when you're on vacation....whose in a hurry?? Also a little FYI to fellow travelers - there are no kayaks on the property (nor within walking distance) and after visiting I can see why. The ocean was a little rough right off the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hardydesk
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear hardydesk ~
First of all thank you for such a positive review, we appreciate it. We were all very happy for you when your bag was found, A small demonstration that just not our staff but the people on the island is very nice and friendly.

I liked your pictures with Alton and the rest of the staff, very nice gesture!

José Castillo
Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had encountered a couple of minor issues at this Marriot, but instead of simply leaving a bad review, I raised my concerns with Marriott's customer service department (via the main website). They immediately called me, had me meet with two senior staff members at the hotel, and promptly addressed all of my concerns. This wasn't something specific to me... they actually made changes to the hotel literally overnight based on my feedback. The overall service in the hotel has been among the best I've seen anywhere (and I am very well traveled)... all of their staff are super friendly, knowledgeable, etc. It seems better than most Marriott hotels. They're really on top of their game here.

Besides customer service, the hotel is great in all other respects. The quality of food is great, breakfast is complimentary (and very good!), there's a scuba dive shop right at the hotel, there is car rental, jacuzzis open 24/7, pools open till 11pm, saunas, massages, proper concierge, and so on. They even light up the beach after dark in case you want to go for a swim after dinner. With a room costing $144/night, I don't know what else I could have asked for at this price. I highly recommend this Marriott.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank FrequentTravelerDude
Dear FrequentTravelerDude ~

Thank you for your great comments about our resort and the great value you had for the rate you pay.

We appreciate such a high rating, Come back soon!

Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My friend and i went for a Business/ vacation trip at the Curacao Marriott for a week and our Vacation was so enjoyable and i must say it is because of Renata, A Million thanks to her for her hospitable service was indeed a great one! we went by the yellow shirt girls however they did not speak spanish nor did they want to help us. We met Renata at the front desk and she helped us with our million and 1 things to do from car renting to dinner reservation, ATV adventure, dolphin academy, horse back riding bounty adventure, Health club treatment etc. she did it all with a smile on her face and great attitude! great location, clean room and good food.

Room Tip: Just ask Renata she will assist with a great smile
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Cythia T~

Thank you for your great comments, we are glad to hear that Renata made your stay enjoyable and that you had a great time at our resort.

We appreciate your great rating and hope to see you soon back in our beautiful island.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Was there for 4 days at the end on May with the bf. The room was nothing special, but was acceptable for sleeping/resting, the beds were comfy. For some reason, at night, getting service at the front desk and the bar/restaurant that stays open late was horrendous and slow. The only good meals I had there was at the Italian restaurant (started with a B), and poolside food was decent. The place to spend your time is poolside close to the beach/on the beach! Suzy at the pool took care of me very well!!! Casino was very small but at least you have fun getting drunk while meeting new people and losing your money!! But overall it was a great experience.... You can't beat the view when you arrive looking out into a beach paradise!! That's this hotels gem, the view & easy access to the beach. Rocky getting in, but the water is crystal clear & warm. Great time snorkeling! Came home nicely tanned and refreshed. Recommended!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Jane M~
Thank you for visiting our property, glad that you had a great time at our pool bar and Restaurant Sea breeze located right on the beach. As you mention Portofino offers authentic Italian cuisine with the expert hands of an Italian Executive Chef.

Thank you for coming we hope to see you soon

Preston, Connecticut

To Whom It May Concern,
our family has just returned home from a week long stay at the Marriott. It was our second trip there, and it was lovely! We found the menus much changed, but the food was absolutely delicious. It was welcoming to see some of the same warm faces! Some staff members who gave exemplary customer service were: Grec Dirksz/ Carmen/ Gichi/Rudsel/Lucresia/Dianne/Kenneth and Julian. We love the Portofino and Seabreeze!
1. At times, the food did come out a bit slow
2. We would love to see the "All Inclusive Plan" put back into place here at the Curacao Marriott. IF the All Inclusive is once again offered, I can guarantee that you will see us again! It is important to us as a family to travel with All Inclusive Packages.
3. The cleanliness of the resort from the restaurants to the bathrooms to the pool & Jacuzzi's was bar none! I was in awe at just how pristine ever corner of the Marriott was!!!
The Curacao Marriott is a litte piece of heaven and we are glad to have visited :)

Best ~
The Cramer Family

Room Tip: any room will do. the resort is quiet and amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jcastillo82g, Director of Sales & Marketing at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Barbara C~

Thank you for your great comments about our clean and well maintained areas and our friendly staff, It is a very good feeling to know that you were very comfortable when staying with us.

We appreciate your positive comments and high rating.

Please come back soon!!