We arrived on Christmas day and stayed three nights. My satisfaction started out high but steadily declined over the course of our stay. The staff at the front desk were friendly, and the amenities on site were nice: small but nice beach, seating and lounging areas all over (included some more secluded and away from the hubbub), pools, mini-golf, tennis, gym, snack shop.
It also seems to be in a nice location on the island. There is another small resort next door, but the shore is not crowded with buildings. It's quite lovely. And just a few minutes by car from downtown Willemstad. (I believe the hotel also has an infrequent shuttle to town, but we didn't use it and so don't know any details.)
We stayed in an Executive Room on the 5th floor with a balcony facing the water. The room was nice, clean--nothing spectacular (except for the view). We used Hilton points because the prices were so high over Christmas week; they seem more reasonable at other times of the year.
So for the downsides: Both hot tubs were closed. We called the front desk to ask if they could be opened and were told to talk to the people at the gym; we called the gym, who told us to call the front desk and promptly hung up on me before I could get a word out. When we took a closer look, it appeared that they hadn't been cleaned or operational in months. So we gave up.
The Executive Lounge (which was a "perk" of staying in an Executive Room) left much to be desired. While the lounges at many other Hiltons have snacks much of the day for guests, we were lucky to find drinks available whenever we went looking here. The breakfast was weak--the first day they didn't even have milk until 15-20 minutes after breakfast was available.
Our biggest complaint, however, was the nightly "entertainment." The first night was a band or party of some sort, second was karaoke, and the third was another band. We were not expecting to be treated to a club atmosphere when we booked the hotel. Although the view from our room was lovely, it also meant we were right above the spot where all of this occurred. Luckily, they stopped by 10:00 each night, but it was still intrusive and did not make for a pleasant stay for us. I don't know if it was just because we were there over the holidays or if this is what it's always like. Just be aware that you may want to find out, if it's something that would bother you.
I should also note that this was our first time on Curacao, so I don't have any other experiences to compare with this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 23 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds and built on an historic 18th century Fort, the Hilton Curacao hotel boasts two private white sand beaches, infinity and freshwater pools and a PADI Gold Palm dive center on the property, and is one of the leading Curacao hotels. Located just ten minutes from Hato International Airport and free shuttle to the center of Willemstad 10 minutes away, the Hilton Curacao is an idyllic Caribbean retreat. A Las Vegas-style casino and LivingWell Health & Beach Club are available on the property, and Guests enjoy immediate access to a range of watersports and Willemstad activities. The Hilton Curacao resort is charming, picturesque and perfectly placed for an active or relaxing visit to the Caribbean. Conferences and events for up to 400 can be easily accommodated in this Curacao hotel's range of event spaces, making it the ideal destination for corporate functions, social events or intimate destination weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Hilton Hotel Willemstad
- Hilton Hotel Curacao
- Hilton Willemstad
- Willemstad Hilton
- Hilton Curacao Willemstad