Hilton Curacao
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
1,859 results
All reviewsthe executive loungediamond membercaribbean sea sportssteak nightpirates bayan older hotelfifth floorbeach barocean viewdive shopcigarette buttsfishprivate beachbit datednice beachfitness centerhotel beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My adult daughter and I had a good stay here. Everyone was very helpful, especially Petcha in the exec lounge. The room was clean and spacious with a good sized balcony and great view. The food is hotel prices and quality. Try the 'bitterballan' at the bar. The food is an interesting mixture of dutch and carribean with some italian thrown in. The smaller beach was fun for swimming and snorkeling. The bigger beach had great waves. The pools also overlooked the beach and had nice views. I had a nice massage at the spa. Overall a nice relaxing place.

Room Tip: Executive with Ocean view has a fabulous view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank l g
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Though it is an older hotel its been renovated and is comfortable enough. The service was good, not great, but then finding great service on Curacao is not easy. Much has been written about the beaches at the hotel, many saying the Marriott is better. Both the Marriott and the larger of the two Hilton beaches are more exposed to the wind and waves and aren't good for snorkeling. The smaller beach close to the hotel bar is protected, easy to get in, great for swimming and decent snorkeling. And, if you want to go to another beach just walk on the path and sand to the Marriott beach or swim over to the beach n the other side of the hotel(don't remember the name). There are many excellent spots to watch the sunset as well.

The dining was disappointing, average at best. There are three restaurants within walking distance, the Marriott, the Sjalotte(across the street), and the Indonesian restaurant Tempo Doloe(not sure how to spell it) a 5-10 minute walk away.

The executive lounge was okay, a bit small, nice views, nice staff, but the food was below executive lounge average.

They have several shuttles a day to Willemstad, 10 minutes away. It's also equidistant to the western sights and beaches as well as the eastern sights. All in all a good location.

They rent cars on site, Budget, but we found the service poor and instead rented from Prins. They pick ou up at the hotel, drive you 10 minutes to their rental facility and drive you back when you are done. They were very nice, honest and easy to deal with.

If I have one major complaint it's that the Hilton never answered the three emails I sent asking a couple simple questions. Why bother to list our contact info if you don't answer the emails?

This Hilton is not as nice as the Barbados Hilton so if the hotel influences your choice of islands, Barbados wins out.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Tim B
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

It s a pitty we were disappointed in this hotel as we go to Curaçao every year to visit family.

Arrived and had to wait about half an hour at the desk to check in.
Bar is just next to it so wasnt too bad.

When in the room, small closet for clothes (I never take a lot with me espacially for family beach vacation but this was very poor)
And small, old bathroom.
Didn't give the impression to be clean. Also no fridge or minibar.
Weird for the price l paid.
Toilet next to the sink I could actually rest my head in it.

We had a leak in the roof of the bathroom (also old needs to be renovated) and had to wait for several hours before something could be done.
The staff was nice and did what they could but you have to be patient.
The problem started over the next day. Eventually it got fixed.

Had room at the back of the building overlooking the island. It was quiet because beachside you have the restaurant and bar.

Nice little beach area.
Casino on ground floor.
Ground floor is nice overal, open reception desk.
Staff is friendly.
This place needs to set their rates straight or give a better idea to people what to expect when booking there.

Looks like an old hospital building when arriving.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Audrey18Laman
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We booked a couple of nights at the Hilton Curacao after staying for a week on St Maarten. This is what we think you should know about the hotel:
- Air pollution: Due to its location, the hotel gets quite some air pollution from the nearby Schottegat refinery. We first could not believe it ourselves but from the ocean view room the first thing we saw in the morning was not only the Carribean but also the cloud of polluted air coming from the refinery right over the hotel - and we could smell it on most days too! Better to look for a hotel in the Eastern part of the island
- Food and beverage: We were shocked to see that at the breakfast buffet a pigeon was eating from the scrambled eggs, while another bird was eating from the bread. The staff did not seem to care and we found that quite disgusting. The hotel needs to pay more attention to its food and beverage service. The quality of the items offered is not up to standards.
- The rooms have all been refurbished although you cannot compare the property to other Hilton hotels we have visited. The doors for example are a simple layer of wood and you can hear everything from the neighbouring rooms and the corridor.
- Unfortunately, the staff could do better in trying to be friendly and accommodating. This seems to be an issue on the whole island of Curacao - it is really hard to get a "please" or "thank you" out of anyone we met in service business there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RTWEurope
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Hilton Curacao has the nicest, most accommodating staff ever - they were wonderful! From the minute Alfredo and Yvonne met us with smiles at check-in, to Kareen at night, and Careese in the morning at the Executive Lounge, and Charamine at the SPA an absolute delight who gives great massages, the staff here made it difficult to go home. Oh and the breakfast staff downstairs: Adriana, Mimi, Roceline, Anoushka, Qwenton, and Nella. If I forgot anyone, I’m sorry  - they were the kindest professionals – thank you all.
We stayed for 7 nights, celebrating my 50th birthday. With birthday wishes sung in P apiamento,champagne, cheese trays, and cheesecake, (did I mention the champagne and cheesecake??) I literally felt like a queen. Their sincere desire to help us celebrate my birthday was the best thing that came of my turning 50. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Hilton Curacao staff!!!

Okay, here’s my assessment of the hotel stay:
Taxi from the airport brings you to within 30’ of the open-air lobby, where you know you are home as you're greeted by friendly, warm people. Although we checked in early, our room was ready within minutes, and off we went to our Oceanside Executive Level Room, greeted by birthday wishes, wine, and cheesecake! I highly recommend this room choice as the views from your balcony are priceless. Room was newly renovated, looked great. Housekeeping staff kept everything in the room right up to par.
Carpet in hallway on Executive Level needed cleaned, quite noticeable stains on the new carpet not far from the elevator. The Executive Lounge (E.L.) is a nice calming room, bright, airy, with a balcony for those who want the nightly ritual of celebrating the sunset with company – what fun!! E.L. staff was so nice, very helpful, and offered great tips for sites to see, new places to go we hadn’t thought about. Breakfast there was sufficient, not overly abundant but I wouldn’t complain – there was enough food for people, when there was enough food. I don’t think they were as prepared for breakfast as they should have been. Some days there weren’t enough plates out for everyone, or they were out early of one or more of the main three/four items, although to her credit, Careese had a lot going on – one person to wait on people, clear tables, do the dishes, restock food, etc. One day with less than ten people in and out that morn, they ran out of most foods 50 mins before breakfast ended; Careese said she was waiting for more food to come up…I saw people come in disappointed then leave. (Food arrived, 5 minutes before breakfast ended) So maybe they need more help in the morning? If you want over the top for breakfast, go downstairs to the morning buffet (for a fee) – I can’t think of a single thing one could want for there! Absolutely the best breakfast around. Also on site, bar food was great, drinks were even better. They put everything on your room tab, and don’t want your money at the bar, so keep track of your own spending if you don’t want to be shocked at the end of your trip!
The hotel’s beach is great for swimming& snorkeling, with more awesome sunset views. Arrive early for a prime spot under an umbrella, the sun can be brutal. (The infinity pool offers sun or shade). You’ll see plenty more coral and colorful fish as you venture off site. Hindsight, we should have packed our own snorkeling gear; Hilton’s Dive Shop was completely empty (renovating?) Caribbean Sea Sports, off the Marriott hotel next door rents a snorkel/mask/flippers for 3 days for $49 USD which includes their 6% tax and a 10% service charge. If they fit in the suitcases without additional fees to transport them, it would be a cost saver!
Rented a car from JustDriveCuracao – agreed to meet at hotel but they can’t meet at lobby – they have to park in parking lot, so know this ahead of time. They were great – see other post on this.
Casino was small but nice. You put money on casino card to play, so if you go next door to the Marriott’s casino, you use cash if I remember right, but not the same card! Marriott’s hotel and casino is within walking distance (5-10 minute walk along the beach), but at night, it’s a dark walk. I never felt unsafe, no one ever made me feel unsafe, but a well-lit walk would have been better. You can also cut through the parking lot and take back paths, but we couldn’t find a clear, comfortable path from one to the other. I suppose because they’re not sister hotels, they don’t encourage guests to visit/eat/gamble at the neighbor's. Walk along the road on the grass is also an option out front, more lighting…
I never even brought up the beautiful sights we visited throughout the island, I was speechless at the beauty of the beaches and on-shore snorkeling, loved the restaurants, and pretty much everything else I missed mentioning. Think of my review more as observations than complaints. It was a truly lovely stay, I would return again in a heartbeat to this hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely choose an Oceanside room - they're priceless with the sunsets...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family